News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to install speakers in the front door. Need some ideas.

Started by 2Gunz, October 03, 2005, 01:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

Im looking for some front speaker grills that look like they belong in the car. Or another way to go about it.

The intent is to mount the speak from the back on some wood, instead of from the front. This will give me room for the window handle, and hopefully not make it stick out like a sore thumb.  The previous owner cut the doors a bit and it is helping with the fit.

Pictures of what I have so far follow.

I have found some decent speaker grills, that prolly wont look to out of place. But would like to find better.

Here are the ones I have found so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-88-Audio-Black-Plastic-4x6-Speaker-Grill_W0QQitemZ5814273187QQcategoryZ18800QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway the pictures of what I have done so far.  Its not done.... just a mock up to see if it will work.  And it appears it will be fine.

2Gunz

Well Im open for ideas.  Think you could get me some better picks of the speakers?   Maybe with the carpet back so I could have a look on how they did it?

Doc74

If you do want them in your doors, you (or someone with a very steady hand) can cut out the carton in the doorpanel exactly where the speaker sits, without damaging the actual vinyl.That's the trick  ;D
That way, bone stock look but very audible.I did the same in my 68, the doorpanels were old but good enough for a driver so I thought why not, worst case scenario, I buy new shiny ones, which is nice too  ;D
I know it's something to think about but it's an option, it does work perfectly, like there's no doorpanel there.
If not the door, get a spare of kickpanels on ebay, mount the speakers to the back and cover it with speakercarpet, the stuff the ricerboys use to cover their entire trunk after installing a dozen speakers, it's thin but looks solid enough.