News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger Daytona vs Honda Odyssey

Started by trev0006, December 17, 2007, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

SFRT

lets set them side by side on a 5 mile stretch of freeway and see what happens.

I would also imagine the strippers would, by nature, prefer the 'slower' Daytona in any given situation.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WINGMAN

It is sad!!   Thats my Daytona.  Two years ago the SCCA was having one of there races at Forbes AFB home of the SCCA, A man from the speed channel brought in a neon to the Dodge dealership that i work at needing a alighment and was asking the service advisor if he or any one at the dealership  had a old muscle car. Will i talked with the man and they wanted it for two days to put on display and use for a comparison test with the Honda. So i drove it out to the track and just handed the keys to the show promoter and left, came back the next day and took her home. When i saw it on tv i almost  :eek2: O well no damage.     Jay.        O they did give me a nice ball cap.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

UFO

Which one are people gonna twist their neck to look at? the Honda? NO.
Forty years of advancements in technology means a lot.

Lifsgrt

OK, somebody with the right machine for the job should rectify this...
Best time 11.07@121

UFO

Thats a big machine to throw around with F70-14s.

NYCMille

I would love to re-run that test in the Daytona that I'm building... hell, I want to run that test against a Corvette come springtime.  :2thumbs:

FJMG

That was an obvious result, a low mph twist an turn the charger daytona was never meant for. Now 160mph and up  on a nascar track, that's what it was built for. That is why many of us are installing aftermarket front suspensions. Heck my 98 saturn has an anti-roll bar almost 50% larger than a 69 b-body.

hemigeno

Quote from: FJMG on December 17, 2007, 08:52:07 PM
Heck my 98 saturn has an anti-roll bar almost 50% larger than a 69 b-body.

With half the mass to start with...

PocketThunder

At least they could have got A class strippers.  instead of b class leftovers.

We have an Odyssey, i wonder if my spouse would go for that test against my C500?   :scratchchin:   :scratchchin:   :shruggy:    :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

I'd have picked the Honda over the Daytona to win for a "stock" competition without a doubt. I've test driven a bunch of minivans, SUV's & other embarrassing-to-be-in, rides over the last several years. There's a big difference in a minivan now, comparing from when they first took off selling in the 80's. As much as I love my old cars, I just won't give up the comfort & conveniences of the new stuff as daily transportation. I know you can modify an old car to make it better & more comfortable, but lets face it, the number of people who drive old cars as daily commuter vehicles are more rare than an original Hemi car.

I almost hate to say it, but my wife's Mitsubishi Endeavor is actually a lot of fun to drive. It's fast, has something like 225 HP, handles good, rides nice, has one of the best car stereos I've heard in a long time, & has a slap-stick style shifter. Would I choose it over a stock Daytona? Hell no, but it's great for a family car.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

QuoteAt least they could have got A class strippers.  instead of b class leftovers.

:smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

pettybird

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 17, 2007, 10:11:49 PM

+11987454764578309386

maybe that's how the tastes run up thar in the great white north?

Charger_Fan

That's for sure. :lol:

That was a pretty lame vehicle comparison, though. At least they could have used something that was more intended for turns, like a T/A Chally or something similar. :shruggy: A Daytona was definitely not intended to master the turns originally...neither was a minivan, I suppose. I dunno, still a dumb comparison. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

pettyfan43

Quote from: NYCMille on December 17, 2007, 08:19:47 PM
I would love to re-run that test in the Daytona that I'm building... hell, I want to run that test against a Corvette come springtime.  :2thumbs:

Buddy, make sure you get VIDEO!!! Hell man I'd like to see em rematch with Mr Angry!

pettyfan43

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 18, 2007, 03:35:29 PM
That's for sure. :lol:

That was a pretty lame vehicle comparison, though. At least they could have used something that was more intended for turns, like a T/A Chally or something similar. :shruggy: A Daytona was definitely not intended to master the turns originally...neither was a minivan, I suppose. I dunno, still a dumb comparison. :rotz:

Pretty friggin useless!

Ghoste

And since the girls didn't need seatbelts, it's obvious they were pushing those vehicles through there really hard.  Could things have been staged a little for the sake of generating viewers or to prove the point of a guy who is into sports car racing and has never cared that much about musclecars?

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 17, 2007, 07:18:33 PM
  It is sad!!   Thats my Daytona.  Two years ago the SCCA was having one of there races at Forbes AFB home of the SCCA, A man from the speed channel brought in a neon to the Dodge dealership that i work at needing a alighment and was asking the service advisor if he or any one at the dealership  had a old muscle car. Will i talked with the man and they wanted it for two days to put on display and use for a comparison test with the Honda. So i drove it out to the track and just handed the keys to the show promoter and left, came back the next day and took her home. When i saw it on tv i almost  :eek2: O well no damage.     Jay.        O they did give me a nice ball cap.
you are very trusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NYCMille

I agree... you are SUPER trusting. It's one thing if I abuse my cars, but other people without my knowledge.. :nono:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: NYCMille on December 19, 2007, 12:56:56 PM
I agree... you are SUPER trusting. It's one thing if I abuse my cars, but other people without my knowledge.. :nono:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

triple_green

Remember those Daytona mods were done to help the car go from 190 to 200 mph, these are nothing but a "bother" on a low speed track test.

My wife bought herself a 2005 Odyssey EX-L. I get to drive it occasionallly. Let me tell you, it is pretty impressive. electronic traction control and computer stabilization are big helps, and the 255 net HP motor is pretty darn smooth, even in the 4000 lb shoe box.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

BigBlockSam

Quoteyou are very trusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:yesnod:  if my car is there i'm there . i've leased my cars out for a couple video's and i always stay with the cars. i worked way to hard on these cars to have something stupid happen to them .   :Twocents:  Rene

nascarxx29

Atleast we were able to quickly identify whos's daytona speedvision used this time.But the one from the commerical still remains a mystery
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701