News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look guys....were going back in time. It's the 70's again....cool!

Started by 70charginglizard, October 03, 2005, 01:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Ponch ®

damn...I hadnt thought about the locking gas cap. I did notice that I got pretty crappy fuel mileage out of my last fill-up.  :-\
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ramit

Two weeks ago I had five gallons of gas stolen out of my vehicle sitting in  the driveway in front of my house.  :o :o   I live in a very low crime suburb of minneapolis, so everybody should keep a close eye on there gas tanks.  I went to buy a locking gas cap and all of the auto stores said it would be at least a couple weeks before they could get one.  I never thought I would need a locking gas cap!

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

bull

I wonder how expensive gas got back at the height of the crunch during the '70s? Probably a whopping $1.15/gal.

andy74

my son left the 5 gallon gas can he uses for the lawn mower at the curb,while he was mowing the neighbors lawn-someone stole it before he even finished. he has been doing this all summer trying to save money for a new bike-some people are just plain pricks,stealing from a 14 year old kid

Vainglory, Esq.

I'm getting between 45 and 50 miles to the gallon the new Interceptor. :D

Ponch ®

NHCharger

Here's another interesting story. Your right Lizard, it's the 70's all over again.
Seems like these guys will never get it right.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20051003/bs_nm/autos_sales_dc_4
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: andy74 on October 03, 2005, 02:38:00 PM
my son left the 5 gallon gas can he uses for the lawn mower at the curb,while he was mowing the neighbors lawn-someone stole it before he even finished. he has been doing this all summer trying to save money for a new bike-some people are just plain pricks,stealing from a 14 year old kid

Next time tell him to leave them 5 gallons of water!....................... :yesnod:

BBD

Brock Samson

Troy

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 03, 2005, 08:36:47 PM
here's a blast from the past,.. anyone wannaguess what yr?..

http://www.showrods.com/home_page_links/way_out_wheels_cards.html

Uhhh, I'm gonna say 1970? I only know because it says so:
"George Barris' Way Out Wheels were larger (postcard-sized) collector cards released in 1970." :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

70charginglizard

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on October 03, 2005, 08:35:24 PM
Quote from: andy74 on October 03, 2005, 02:38:00 PM

Next time tell him to leave them 5 gallons of water!....................... :yesnod:

BBD

or fill up a gas can full of pee....lol
70charginglizard

Dale The Bold

Why in the heck are people stealing gas?  Just steal money, it's a lot easier running away or sneaking around with three dollars than it is to lug around a gallon of gas.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"