News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29G8B269602 - 1968 Dodge Charger - General Lee Conversion

Started by JoeyGowdy, December 24, 2007, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the Before, During and After pictures ?

Awesome... YEE-HAW!!!!!
54 (45.4%)
Terrible... slaughtered!!!
36 (30.3%)
I don't know.
29 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

JoeyGowdy

Interior Left: After
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

JoeyGowdy

Interior: Feet Pedals

warriorbass05

that is awesome!!!! I hope mine looks that good when I get to that point!!!!

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: warriorbass05 on January 13, 2008, 09:12:11 PMthat is awesome!!!! I hope mine looks that good when I get to that point!!!!

Thank you.  It should - are you General Leeing yours or going stock?

warriorbass05

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on January 13, 2008, 09:25:31 PM
Quote from: warriorbass05 on January 13, 2008, 09:12:11 PMthat is awesome!!!! I hope mine looks that good when I get to that point!!!!

Thank you.  It should - are you General Leeing yours or going stock?
I am going to create a very specific car from the series that I really like....Season 2 General...

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: warriorbass05 on January 13, 2008, 09:26:52 PMI am going to create a very specific car from the series that I really like....Season 2 General...

Good choice...  :cheers:  started a thread about it yet?

69charger2002

coming along very nicely. did you dye hat very nice dark saddle tan interior?? it looked REALLY nice for it's age, which is rare   :o
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 13, 2008, 09:46:43 PMcoming along very nicely.

Thanks.

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 13, 2008, 09:46:43 PMdid you dye hat very nice dark saddle tan interior??

No... cleaned it then painted over it with Dupli-Color HPV113 Medium-Beige Tan Vinyl spray paint (later on... if someone wanted to they could easily remove it).

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/itemproduct_10001_12053_546981_-1_763166_11263

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 13, 2008, 09:46:43 PMit looked REALLY nice for it's age, which is rare

True   :2thumbs:

warriorbass05

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on January 13, 2008, 09:34:44 PM
Quote from: warriorbass05 on January 13, 2008, 09:26:52 PMI am going to create a very specific car from the series that I really like....Season 2 General...

Good choice...  :cheers:  started a thread about it yet?

Not yet as progress is not moving along as quickly as I would like it to.

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: warriorbass05 on January 13, 2008, 10:18:56 PMNot yet as progress is not moving along as quickly as I would like it to.

Be patient and diligent - it'll come together sometime.  :2thumbs:

In the mean time, have you registed the GL replica on the Hazzard Retreat Registry?
http://www.hazzardretreat.com/registry.asp

My 68 GL replica on the Hazzard Retreat Registry:
http://www.hazzardretreat.com/registry_viewentry.asp?id=76

Magnumcharger

I'm alright with it...as long as it stays on the ground!! :lol:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 13, 2008, 10:28:56 PMI'm alright with it...as long as it stays on the ground!! lol

Heh, yeah... no creek jumping for sure! Perhaps railroad tracks?  :lol:

I'll be using it to film a DoH Fan-Film in the future:
http://www.joeygowdy.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

69charger2002

note: attached photo courtsey of http://www.hazzardretreat.com/buildageneral.asp

ahh the good old days. back when i enjoyed the dukes and owning a general. mine was the third back on the left side in that pic.. basically it was almost dead on for the main shots that were taken at that event. i had a ton of fun with my car, parades, music videos, and for a long time being the only one around even close to my area. now they are everywhere.. too many really. and the drama with the fruitcakes on building general lees "correctly" don't get me started.....
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 13, 2008, 11:12:49 PMahh the good old days. back when i enjoyed the dukes and owning a general. mine was the third back on the left side in that pic.. basically it was almost dead on for the main shots that were taken at that event. i had a ton of fun with my car, parades, music videos,

Good to know!  I sure it was a real head-turner with lots of attention, eh?

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 13, 2008, 11:12:49 PMand for a long time being the only one around even close to my area. now they are everywhere..

At the moment, I'm the only one in my area with a General Lee replica:
http://www.hazzardretreat.com/registry_viewentry.asp?id=76

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 13, 2008, 11:12:49 PMand the drama with the fruitcakes on building general lees "correctly" don't get me started.....

Heh - there is no "correct" way to build a General Lee... only a guideline due to there being so many different versions used throughout the series.  In truth, to build one "correctly" you would need to include all characteristics from all versions of the car throughout all seasons... hmm... that would be an interesting looking General lee LOL

Brock Samson

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 14, 2008, 02:02:20 PM
still awaiting welded doors...  :lol:
although said in narrative, none of the GL's actually had welded shut doors. (aren't there a few goofs where you can hear the doors being closed?)

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 14, 2008, 02:02:20 PMstill awaiting welded doors...  :lol:

LOL I do not plan to do that - too extreme.

Quote from: aussiemuscle on January 14, 2008, 09:14:24 PMalthough said in narrative, none of the GL's actually had welded shut doors.

True.  In the story the doors are welded shut, however in reality they were not.

Quote from: aussiemuscle on January 14, 2008, 09:14:24 PM(aren't there a few goofs where you can hear the doors being closed?)

Yes. However after watching Seasons 1 - 7 on DVD you can tell they edited out those goofs... amongst other things.  :shruggy:

C_stripes

Seems like I saw one episode, Don't ask what one. That It showed the GL from the driver front and you could see luke shut the door on the pass side. 
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

warriorbass05

Quote from: C_stripes on January 14, 2008, 09:38:10 PM
Seems like I saw one episode, Don't ask what one. That It showed the GL from the driver front and you could see luke shut the door on the pass side. 

Yep, that episode is called "Granny Annie"-season2.....they almost bleeped it out.... :rofl:

JR

The car is coming along great man.

There's one thing I've always wondered. When you have your General Lee at one of the Dukesfest shows, and there all parked together, does anyone ever "Loose" their car or get confused whos' is who's?

At least until they get up to the door maybe?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: C_stripes on January 14, 2008, 09:38:10 PMSeems like I saw one episode, Don't ask what one. That It showed the GL from the driver front and you could see luke shut the door on the pass side.

Same here, I don;t recall which episode it was off-hand though.

Quote from: warriorbass05 on January 14, 2008, 10:00:55 PMYep, that episode is called "Granny Annie"-season2.....they almost bleeped it out.... :rofl:

That might be it   :2thumbs:

Quote from: JR on January 15, 2008, 09:44:32 AMThe car is coming along great man.

Thanks!

Quote from: JR on January 15, 2008, 09:44:32 AMThere's one thing I've always wondered. When you have your General Lee at one of the Dukesfest shows, and there all parked together, does anyone ever "Loose" their car or get confused whos' is who's? At least until they get up to the door maybe?

To set mine apart from the rest, I've added several custom features:
1. Front Wind-shield: a custom text logo on the top that reads "www.JoeyGowdy.com"
2. Rear Back-glass: a custom rebel flag that appears to be "blowing in the wind"
3. Hood/Door: a custom text logo sticker that reads "RowdyGowdy's General Lee"

Brock Samson

That's pretty funny, i had never thought about losing your charger in a sea of jenny Lees... anyhow,.. what is the established correct tire for the jenny lee coni sewer... (sorry).. & you guys actually use the C.B.s?..

Mike DC

It's funny, you actually can sorta "lose" your GL at a big Dukes event.

There's a lot of differences between the different GLs though.  Most guys could only really confuse their own GL with a few of the other ones present at a Dukes event. 

You can always tell the surviving WB prop-car GLs from the replicas at one glance though --  The real ones look like sh*t!

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 15, 2008, 11:04:13 AM
That's pretty funny, i had never thought about losing your charger in a sea of jenny Lees...

That's a scary thought... especially if you've had a few :cheers: it's probably happened before.

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 15, 2008, 11:04:13 AMThat's pretty funny, i had never thought about losing your charger in a sea of jenny Lees... anyhow,.. what is the established correct tire for the jenny lee coni sewer... (sorry)..

No clue off-hand, will have to look it up... probably BFGs.

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 15, 2008, 11:04:13 AM& you guys actually use the C.B.s?..

Heh, probably... I know I would.  I have one in my F-150... my handle is ROWDY or ROWDYGOWDY
:2thumbs:

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 16, 2008, 06:43:06 AMIt's funny, you actually can sorta "lose" your GL at a big Dukes event.

There's a lot of differences between the different GLs though.  Most guys could only really confuse their own GL with a few of the other ones present at a Dukes event.

Heh... now that's a thought  :scratchchin: 

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 16, 2008, 06:43:06 AMYou can always tell the surviving WB prop-car GLs from the replicas at one glance though --  The real ones look like sh*t!

True.

JoeyGowdy

A common problem with the stock exhaust headers are the butterfly valves, they will rust closed if the vehicle has been setting up over the years.  If it doesn't run right and tries to die constantly (and everything else checks out fine) then it's the butterfly valves... it's dying from it's own fumes. Used the torch to cut out the rusted butterfly valves... it can breathe again... problem solved!   :2thumbs: