News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29G8B269602 - 1968 Dodge Charger - General Lee Conversion

Started by JoeyGowdy, December 24, 2007, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the Before, During and After pictures ?

Awesome... YEE-HAW!!!!!
54 (45.4%)
Terrible... slaughtered!!!
36 (30.3%)
I don't know.
29 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

JoeyGowdy

Installing the engine:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

JoeyGowdy

Installing the engine:

tan top

motor in  :2thumbs: making good progress now , how long till fire up .............. :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JoeyGowdy

Installing the Engine

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

Brock Samson

i don't know alot but that looks great to me.   :drool5:

JoeyGowdy

Replaced the stock worn-out shocks with Monroe Max-Air Air-Shocks MA757  :2thumbs:

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: tan top on January 24, 2008, 07:05:35 PMmotor in  making good progress now, how long till fire up ..............

Fired her up about a week after those photos were taken.

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 25, 2008, 04:44:43 PMi don't know alot but that looks great to me.

Thanks!

moparguy01

everything was looking good till I saw airshocks. why not get new leaf springs and fix it right?

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: moparguy01 on January 26, 2008, 02:29:48 PMeverything was looking good till I saw airshocks. why not get new leaf springs and fix it right?

What's wrong with air-shocks?  :shruggy:  It's not like I did away with the leaf springs.  :rofl:  To give it more support I reworked the old leaf springs (adding one leaf to them) and replaced the old stock shocks with the new Max-Air-Shocks to help give it a meaner more aggressive old school look in the back.   :2thumbs:  I'll post a few photos of the reworked leaf springs with the max-air-shocks very soon to show the more aggressive old school jacked-up look I was referring to.

Hemidog

be careful not to break your shock-tower in the back, the rear isn't suppose to rest there.

Charger-Bodie

What it basiclly boils down to, is the fact that the shock xmember just isnt strong enuf he help support the weight of the car in that fashion.  :Twocents:

By the way youre car is looking great  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Hemidog on January 27, 2008, 12:20:24 PMbe careful not to break your shock-tower in the back, the rear isn't suppose to rest there.

Kk, double checked it - looks fine.

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 27, 2008, 12:26:24 PMWhat it basiclly boils down to, is the fact that the shock xmember just isnt strong enuf he help support the weight of the car in that fashion.

Kk, I'll post a photo of it soon.

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 27, 2008, 12:26:24 PMBy the way youre car is looking great

Thanks! More photos soon!

moparguy01

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 27, 2008, 12:26:24 PM
What it basiclly boils down to, is the fact that the shock xmember just isnt strong enuf he help support the weight of the car in that fashion.  :Twocents:

By the way youre car is looking great  :2thumbs:

apparently 1hot68 got to answering the question before I did. but he summed it up pretty well. :2thumbs:

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: moparguy01 on January 27, 2008, 02:14:34 PMapparently 1hot68 got to answering the question before I did. but he summed it up pretty well.  :2thumbs:

Thanks!   :popcrn:

JoeyGowdy

Replaced the stock thumb-wheel am/fm radio with an Eonon 686 DVD/CD player.
:popcrn:

1968 Charger Thumb Wheel Radio and Stock Face Plate (pic 1)

2006 Eonon 686 DVD/CD Player and Charger Face Plate (pic 2)

Old/New Side-by-Side I couldn't bring myself to cut out the stock face plate so I bought an already damaged one and made it fit (pic 3)

charger_mike75

Looking great   :2thumbs: I think ya need another pic of the console  j/k    :cheers:

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

Taken a couple weeks after firing it up... front and rear.

JoeyGowdy

Taken a couple weeks after firing it up... driver side.

Note: other vehicles in picture includes Trooper, Windstar, Ranchero, Tri-King and Cushman.

JoeyGowdy

Taken a couple weeks after firing it up... passenger side.

Note: other vehicles in picture includes Yamaha, F-150, F-350, C-10, Toro and Ransome.

JoeyGowdy

383 bored & cammed to 400+ w/ Edelbrock 4bbl 600cfm carb

JoeyGowdy

Taken a couple weeks after firing it up... interior gauges.

JoeyGowdy

Taken a couple weeks after firing it up... live gauges.

1970s model Stewart-Warner RPM Gauge (pic 1)

(pic 2)