News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XP29G8B269602 - 1968 Dodge Charger - General Lee Conversion

Started by JoeyGowdy, December 24, 2007, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the Before, During and After pictures ?

Awesome... YEE-HAW!!!!!
54 (45.4%)
Terrible... slaughtered!!!
36 (30.3%)
I don't know.
29 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

JoeyGowdy

Left Interior Rear BEFORE:

Left Interior Rear AFTER:

Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

JoeyGowdy

Rear BEFORE:

Rear AFTER:

JoeyGowdy

Trunk BEFORE:

Trunk AFTER:

JoeyGowdy

Right Rear BEFORE:

Right Rear AFTER:

JoeyGowdy

Right Side BEFORE:

Right Side AFTER:

JoeyGowdy

Right Interior Front BEFORE:

Right Interior Front AFTER:

JoeyGowdy

Engine Right BEFORE:

Engine Right After:

JoeyGowdy

Front Right BEFORE:

Front Right AFTER:

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

On Oct 18th 2008 Mississippi on Wheels held a car show in New Albany, MS and my GenLee won 3rd place in the Special Interest class.

Later that evening some friends txt msgd me wanting to take some photos with it... the Daisy Duke potentials:
(taken in Myrtle, MS - Lindsay Freeman and Breeka McLeroy)

RallyeMike

The car is much more blurry in the new photos vs the old. Must be because its faster?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 22, 2008, 08:13:09 AM
The car is much more blurry in the new photos vs the old. Must be because its faster?

Yeah - I wish :) actually, the before photos were taken with a 35mm camera, the during/after photos were taken with a cheap low-rez digital camera... and the last photo with the Daisy Dukes was taken with a cell phone.

1st_charger

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on October 22, 2008, 08:27:13 AMthe last photo with the Daisy Dukes was taken with a cell phone.

All I see is a red X?????????

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: 1st_charger on October 22, 2008, 09:21:01 AMAll I see is a red X?????????

Hover your mouse over the red X, right click the mouse to bring up the menu, then click "Show Picture" or "View Image".

A lot of times if there are lots of pictures on a webpage it might not load them all resulting in the red X - if the image is there you can use that mouse command to manually make the image load.

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

JoeyGowdy

CB

I don't get people who hack up the rear of a '68 when they build a General  :shruggy:
Why don't they just stay with the original 2 left and right rear lights?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: CB on November 21, 2008, 12:33:25 PMI don't get people who hack up the rear of a '68 when they build a General  :shruggy: Why don't they just stay with the original 2 left and right rear lights?

No clue, to each their own I suppose.  It wasn't butchered too badly - it can easily be re-installed -or- sold to someone who needs it.

MoparManJim

Quote from: CB on November 21, 2008, 12:33:25 PM
I don't get people who hack up the rear of a '68 when they build a General  :shruggy:
Why don't they just stay with the original 2 left and right rear lights?
CB

I'll asnwer this one, Obn the show they did that to the panel, so if the builder wants to make it look more correct, that would be one of the ways to go. But the hard part is getting everying behind the panel to line up right and install mounting hardware for the lights toe set on. 

They now make, new tail panels which they didn't do before. So for some, they could either chop the painel to make the other one, or they would have to went out and look for a donor car for the panel of a 69. Now with the new panels, you can just drill out the spot welds of the old panel, and change the tail panels which would be easyer and would save the old other year panel (if it wasn't rusted out and beyond repair) and have it in case you wanted to switch back some day. 

But Like Joey said, to each his own though.

69charger2002

am i the only one who noticed something isn't right with the taillight trim? that isn't original bezels around the taillights.. did you paint white on the tail panel to make it look like chrome trim????  :eek2:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: 69charger2002 on November 21, 2008, 06:29:55 PMam i the only one who noticed something isn't right with the taillight trim? that isn't original bezels around the taillights.. did you paint white on the tail panel to make it look like chrome trim????  :eek2:

:rofl: Congratz, you are actually the FIRST to notice the 3M Chrome Trim Tape (no it isn't painted). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the chrome pieces that actually goes there (haven't seen any on eBay) so I picked that up at AutoZone until I'm get the correct pieces... a little help would be appreciated, anyone know the part numbers for them?

:coolgleamA: