News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buying another Charger ? ? ? ? ? ?

Started by skip68, December 28, 2007, 08:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

:shruggy:  Is it just me,  :shruggy: or do others feel the same ?    :-\   Once you got your car running and driving and close to done do you start thinking about getting another one ?  :shruggy:   Since most of you know my wife is on here all the time so I will prepare to do battle.  :boxing_smiley: :spank:  This is only a thought I've been having lately.  I'm giving my car to my son but the problem is I'm afraid my son will want it before I'm done with it.  Soooo, if I can get another one for him then I can keep mine until I die.  It makes perfect sense to me.  He is 11yrs now and by the time he'll be driving or in his 20s these cars will be to expensive for him to get.   What do you guy's think ?   Any other fathers in the same boat as me? ? ?   Chuck...............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Absolutely 110%!  I think about it all the time. 

bull

I sure hope not. Not for a while anyway.

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting a '67-'69 Barracuda. ;)

GTX

I've got two cars and a bus on my project list and I'm really drooling to get a Pantera!
I may decide to sell the GTX and get a Pantera in a year or two unless I can put the bug to rest.

Shakey

I have yet to drive my Charger but realize that restoring it is more fun than driving it, which is why I have already started laying the groundwork at home for my next restoration, a '70 Roadrunner.   :yesnod:

BMOTOXSTAR

Hell yeah', I agree. I am always thinking of that other Charger I want. Plus when you see a good deal you can't let it go, then if you do the flippers get it. :Twocents:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

NHCharger

Quote from: Shakey on December 28, 2007, 09:30:06 PM

I have yet to drive my Charger but realize that restoring it is more fun than driving it,

Mike, if you haven't driven it yet how can you make that comparison? :slap:
I have found it to be 50/50 for me.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bull

I have yet to drive my Charger but realize that restoring it is more fun than driving it, which is why I have already started laying the groundwork at home for my next restoration, a '70 Roadrunner.   :yesnod:

I'm totally the opposite. I think restoring it sux big time and all I can think about is driving it. I wish I had just bought one that was finished.

Steve P.

You still can buddy... Plenty of people would be interested in your machine..  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

I know but I'm not a quitter. I've come this far...

Back N Black

Hey Shakey,
Me too!, I have a 70 Road Runner lined up when this one is done. But not going to buy it until this one is on the road, not sure when that will happen . Its ok because the Roadrunner is tucked alway in a safe place.  :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

I really don't think about buying them anymore (unless some killer deal comes along ;) ) Because I've got a lifetime's worth of "Future" project cars stashed away. Once I'm done with my Daytona clone, I've still got these projects to get around to...

'69 Charger 383/auto
'68 Charger 318/auto
 2 '72 Chargers both 318's
'70 Charger 500/SE  I'm REALLY going to have to be bored/desperate to fix this heap :eek2:
'65 Sport Fury Convertible... I should probably give up on this one :hack: :RantExplode:
'72 Imperial Le Baron-doesn't need a whole lot...HUGE cruiser :icon_smile_cool:

viper r/t

Since we completed mine, I'm actually contemplating on selling it to fund another :shruggy:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

I spend 5 years of good bar time from age 19~24 restoring a 55 Chevy, i should have been out chasing the muff around but oh well, those days are long gone, anyways, i get it done and the first thing i thought of was, how much can i get for this thing before i drive it and get a scratch in the paint.  :shruggy:  I decide to drive the wheels off it for 5 years then trade it for my 69 C500. 

I buy a 68 and restore it for 2+ years and drive it for a year and now its for sale. 

I'm keeping the 69 C500 till i die, but i said that with the 55 also so there is always another car that comes up that you really want, kind of like a new woman..  :icon_smile_big:   :nono:    :slap:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Shakey

Quote from: Back N Black on December 28, 2007, 11:26:18 PM

Hey Shakey,
Me too!, I have a 70 Road Runner lined up when this one is done. But not going to buy it until this one is on the road, not sure when that will happen . Its ok because the Roadrunner is tucked alway in a safe place.  :2thumbs:

The one I have my eye on is also safely tucked away in the Southern United States, waaaay off the beaten path.  Rust free 440-6 with a pistol grip 4 speed.   :thumbs:

Steve P.

Damn Shakey, Didn't I tell you I bought that 68' GTX??    ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Shakey

Quote from: NHCharger on December 28, 2007, 09:55:28 PM

I have yet to drive my Charger but realize that restoring it is more fun than driving it,

Good point but I just know how much I've enjoyed my weekends over the past few years restoring all of the components for this car.  I kow I will enjoy driving it but this restoration will be difficult to top.

69bronzeT5

My Charger isnt even done yet and I'm already getting ideas for the next project :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

A383Wing

........Mrs. Wing & myself are almost dead in grave because the kids & grandkids want our cars.......

Bryan   :RantExplode:

dukeboy_318

yes i think about buying another mopar or two or three, fiance says im obessed, am i, HECK YEAH :coolgleamA: :nana: :D
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

NHCharger

Quote from: Shakey on December 29, 2007, 12:27:12 AM
Quote from: NHCharger on December 28, 2007, 09:55:28 PM

Good point but I just know how much I've enjoyed my weekends over the past few years restoring all of the components for this car.  I kow I will enjoy driving it but this restoration will be difficult to top.

A lot of it will depend on the company you keep when your cruising.
I was cruising with 5 buddies in September 06 and we got tangled up with a corvette club cruise. As we drove thru town hardly anyone looked at the vettes, when our Mopars rumbled thru we got a lot of  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:.
My wife and I were in a car show/parade at the Sandwich Fair last October, out of 60+ cars there were 4 Mopars. We stuck together and during the parade and as we passed by a group of people I heard one guy say, "man those Mopars are bad ass".
It's amazing the number of people that will come up to you and start reminiscing about their old car while your stopped for gas. My favorite is several years ago I was stopped at a red light and a kid (about 10 y.o.) came running up and asked if he could take a pic of my car, then asked me if I could duck so I wouldn't be in the pic.

Skip, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I have two Chargers. My thinking was at least one would be driveable while I was working on the other. Forgot all about double the maintenance, insurance, etc.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

rudyjrusa

i am presently working on my 1974 charger and looking for a 1973 charger project - the kid could use a car - thats my excuse.

JR

If you can find one and can afford it go for it.  The only thing that sucks is having time and money to do a 2nd one. I have had my 68 RT for 7 years now and haven't really touched it. I keep saying "I'll do it as soon as I'm done with the other one".  I just spent 4 years doing a Texas car with good floors and a straight body. Now I have to do a rusty southern car. Ooohhh man this won't be so fun. But then again you can take everything you learned from the first one and apply it to the 2nd one to make it go smoother.

In which case, that would be always wear a welding mask, unless you want your entire face to shed like a snake after you burn it. :flame:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 28, 2007, 11:32:56 PM
I really don't think about buying them anymore (unless some killer deal comes along ;) ) Because I've got a lifetime's worth of "Future" project cars stashed away. Once I'm done with my Daytona clone, I've still got these projects to get around to...

'69 Charger 383/auto
'68 Charger 318/auto
 2 '72 Chargers both 318's
'70 Charger 500/SE  I'm REALLY going to have to be bored/desperate to fix this heap :eek2:
'65 Sport Fury Convertible... I should probably give up on this one :hack: :RantExplode:
'72 Imperial Le Baron-doesn't need a whole lot...HUGE cruiser :icon_smile_cool:

If you ever decide to sell or tarde any of those 72 Chargers.... :D
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT