News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

grill work

Started by bear, December 28, 2007, 11:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bear

Well the other day I finally got to start working on the Charger. :woohoo: So i started on the only part of it that i had around which was the grill. I took the parts to where i work and dipped them in acid then took them to the wire wheel and did a final cleanup then dipped them in the acid again.  I had my dad paint everything since I had to go into work and tear down all the Christmas stuff. My dad brought everything back today and here is what it all looks like.

There are some more pics of it here: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e271/bearscharger/69charger/

I have all next week off so I hope to finish off all the plastic and maybe even get the grill frame taken care of.  I still need to figure out something to fix the corners of the grill and one of the headlight door tabs anyone have any suggestions?

1969chargerrtse

Great job, looking good.  I'll be working on mine also.  Lets get these babies back on the road. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bear

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 29, 2007, 07:43:43 AM
Great job, looking good.  I'll be working on mine also.  Lets get these babies back on the road. :2thumbs:

Thanks. I finally have some money so now I can work on it.

bear

did some more work on it got all the screws and clips painted and just finished the vacuum canisters tonight. Now all I have to do is fix up the plastic paint it and paint the frame and I will be done.