News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stainless steel or chrome wheel bearing covers

Started by troy.70R/T, December 30, 2007, 12:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

Does anyone know where I can get the chrome or stainless steel wheel bearing dust covers? I know the exist or atleast they used to because I have one. A magnet will stick to the one I have so it must be chromed steel. However it is not chipped anywhere like chrome would do if pounded on. I think it is probably a low grade stainless steel the only marks on it say JAPAN. The O.D. where it goes into the spindle hub measures 1.775 to 1.785  the I.D. of the hub is 1.750 so that is the size I am probably looking for. If anyone knows where I can buy these new let me know. If the parts store in your town sells them please give me their pnone number. I will also buy used ones in excellent shape.

Ghoste

This has come up here before but I can't remember the thread title.  Did you try a search?

troy.70R/T

yes I looked for it I was probably the one that askes the question about 3 months ago but never got any info on finding them. I think everyone wrote me back like I didnt know what I was talking about but I actually have one but it is banged up.

Chatt69chgr

Not sure if they are chromed or not but I have seen these at either Autozone or Advance Auto or Oreillys in a blister pak.  Also, the dealer still has these.  Don't think they are chrome or stainless though.  If you can't find some anywhere else, you might order some from the dealer and then get them chromed.

Shakey

Bill Allphin of A+M High Tech Automotive has the correct ones.

In the future, you'll find that many answers to your questions can be found on this site.  The advanced search feature works excellent and will speed up the process with regards to getting answers.

:cheers:

troy.70R/T

Shakey

Quote from: troy.70R/T on December 30, 2007, 09:09:48 PM
Do you know how I can get ahold of Bill?

In the future, you'll find that many answers to your questions can be found on this site.  The advanced search feature works excellent and will speed up the process with regards to getting answers.

troy.70R/T

troy.70R/T

All the one I have found at the auto parts store are just zinc plated. A+M hightech auto emailed me sawing that he did not cary them but has heard of them. I have checked all over the internet an can find some chromed one for boat trailers but the do not look like the car ones did. Any more suggestions. I am putting alumunum slots on my car and I do not like the look of the cenetcaps

Ghoste

Get a set of regular steel ones and have them chrome plated.