News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash cap problem

Started by farmerjon, January 06, 2008, 01:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerjon

bought dash cap for 74 SE  have not removed the dash and don't want to if i can avoid it.  my original dash has 1 small crack in center  no swelling or craters  dry fit the cap -woodgrain and louvers are all removed-  the cap seems too big. :RantExplode:  hangs out over the front about 1/2" (windshield is out so easy to see)  covers up part of the front speaker on each side and sticks out on the sides by the doors about 3/8th"  this is an accufit (sp)  called the company they are checking  originally thought we had wrong dash (75) in car but it has a 12-73 build date and the dash is the same in the other 74   am i doing something wrong?   :shruggy: is this how they usually fit and i am just being picky?   :scratchchin:  is there a better brand?

also  the console looks a bit dull  what can i use on it  i know you don't like armorall  (mrs Fj asks? why)

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

farmerjon

yes I saw his and have ask a couple of questions  mine doesn't seem to fit as tight  :-\

AKcharger

farmerjon

yours fits much better around the speaker grill and the front  will call hardens in the morning  thanks

farmerjon

got the new Hardens dash cap installed  it fits very well  thanks for the tip  will send pictures soon

68RT4ME

Got mine from Jim's auto parts before I ever heard the horror stories about the place. It took them weeks to send it but, when I got it, it fit very well with only minor trimming needed. Rough sanded the original dash pad and then the new cap so it would silicone together better. Worked good. No complaints.  :Twocents:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd