News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a good source for 7 qt. pan, Hemi oil pump and HP oil pump drive?

Started by bull, January 06, 2008, 06:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm looking for a few items to finish up a 383 engine. Mainly just interested in the prices for some quality parts to compare.

I need:
7 quart pan with pickup and tray
A Hemi oil pump
High performance oil pump drive

Thanks

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Thanks! Do you think that 6-quart pan will work ok compared to a 7-quart?

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on January 06, 2008, 02:52:41 PM
Thanks! Do you think that 6-quart pan will work ok compared to a 7-quart?

It wil work fine Curtis. I have that pan on my 446 and i have zero concerns....with the filter the total capacity is almost 7 quarts. This is the same pan that comes on the 528 crate hemi, so that should tell you something.  ;)

The nice feature of this pan is that it doesn't hang down below the k-frame so you don't have to worry about speed bumps. It's an excellent street/strip setup, inmo.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

For a grant total of $326 without shipping. Cool, thanks.

BTW, they're pretty much all center sump, right?

Mick70RR

I also used 440 Source. Nice pan and tray but the oil pump pickup needed modifying to clear the tray.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on January 06, 2008, 10:20:15 PM
For a grant total of $326 without shipping. Cool, thanks.

BTW, they're pretty much all center sump, right?

Yep, center sump....these fit like a glove in a 2nd gen chassis.  :2thumbs:

Ron

8WHEELER

I have been running the Hemi pan and the high volume oil pump on my Red 68
for years and years, I will stop there, you will figure out how old I am    :icon_smile_big:   :slap:

I have been recomending the Hemi pan for a long time Curtis.......... just a little more cost up front, and
a couple extra quarts on every oil change   ;D  but great piece of mind for me   :yesnod: :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Are the Mopar 4bbl dual plane aluminum intakes pretty much the same as the Edelbrock?

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on January 10, 2008, 07:31:27 PM
Are the Mopar 4bbl dual plane aluminum intakes pretty much the same as the Edelbrock?

Curtis, I run the Mopar M1 aluminum intake on my car, it looks completely stock. One thing
though, the choke well is like a 70 style, so you cannot use the stock 68 choke system.
It is a dual plane, but the only real benefit over stock is less weight   :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.