News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Small Part Painting Service

Started by Orange Bird, January 07, 2008, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange Bird

I'm offering up some more of my time for general small part painting. Basically if you can ship it or drop it off, I'll paint it. Generally, I'm talking about the interior headliner and front windshield trim as well as the steel panels under the 1/4 windows, steering wheels, under hood parts, suspension stuff, K frames, ect. I will not work on junk or beat parts as I don't have that kind of time. I am talking about good metal that needs a simple blast with nothing more than some simple touchup details. I would blast the surface, professionally apply an epoxy primer and paint whatever color you want. You provide the code and I will paint it if I can get it mixed. I have a restoration guide and have the codes listed there. I then call my paint shop to see if there is a mix code available. If it has to be 100% correct in color or sheen that is something I don't want to deal with as those jobs are too personal for me to mess with at this time. I prefer automotive paint but will use other paint from a "rattle can" if you want for a top coat. I would be talking specific scheens or colors that maybe my paint shop doesn't have the ability to mix. I'm talking about paint from companies like Totally Automotive or Eastwood who proclaim a "correct" color or sheen. Prices are material + labor.

Will also repair plastic steering wheels (not pebblegrain unless you want finish smooth) and paint. Will only fix cracks around the diameter of the wheel not along the outside circumference. With repairs, say no mor than 5-6 cracks at sat $15 per crack. In addition to crack repair, the overall cost for refinishing would be $130. Includes epoxy and base clear application.

The less work I have to do to any part before painting (rust & dirt & grime) the cheaper the labor rate.

PM me or send an email & I will get back to you. If you post to my listing here, I will answer here just let me know you posted via PM as I do not always my listings when I post. I check my emails and PM notifications.
Monster Garage Montra - If you can't hear it before you see it, what's the point?

Leave the little people alone!

Old Moparz

I bought a steering wheel from Orange Bird (Larry) & asked to have it painted in another color. Not only did the wheel come out looking great, Larry was a good person to deal with. He updated me on the progress, took care in wrapping & packaging the wheel, & did everything in a timely manner for a fair price. I'd easily buy again from him, or use his services if I need it in the future.    :2thumbs:

Thanks for everything, Bob    :cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus