News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of clone trade could I get?

Started by oldcarnut, January 07, 2008, 11:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I have been entertaining the thought of possibly offering up my 69 Coronet R/T or 70 Challenger for some kind of trade for a Bird or Daytona clone.  I'd never get my time or investments spent working on them back or be able to replace them for what I have in them but who does?   I can and really rather build my own as it means more to me to be able to say I built or did a lot of the work to it myself. But on the other hand, I also have the 68 Firebird OHC6 Sprint Conv. money pit waiting to be finished that I started and figured I have it done in 8 months almost 3 years ago.  If I had just gone ahead and bought one already done for the wife I'd been off way cheaper time and money and she'd been able to drive it all this time so I must look at the trade off.   Anyway I'd like some opinions of what level of quality would I be able expect in a return deal for a wing clone if I went that route as I've seen price ranges mild to wild for ones for sale and feel like I could build one myself for much less but then there is that downtime factor.   I know that everyone will be different on what value they would put on their own car. Maybe there are just too many variables to make a guess but perhaps I'd get lucky and there might would be someone out there that had one for a long time and just looking go with something different.  I posted a couple pics of each for reference but I'll remove them later.  I'm not looking to do this now but want to consider my options if I don't run across something else otherwise. There might even be others thinking the same thing.  David

I'm trying to post a couple pics but I keep getting this error "Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again."  I've renamed 2-3 times and can't get rid of it.  What do I have to do?

daytonalo

HOUSTON ,WE HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

Hemidog

Quote from: oldcarnut on January 07, 2008, 11:29:05 PM
I have been entertaining the thought of possibly offering up my 69 Coronet R/T or 70 Challenger for some kind of trade for a Bird or Daytona clone.  I'd never get my time or investments spent working on them back or be able to replace them for what I have in them but who does?   I can and really rather build my own as it means more to me to be able to say I built or did a lot of the work to it myself. But on the other hand, I also have the 68 Firebird OHC6 Sprint Conv. money pit waiting to be finished that I started and figured I have it done in 8 months almost 3 years ago.  If I had just gone ahead and bought one already done for the wife I'd been off way cheaper time and money and she'd been able to drive it all this time so I must look at the trade off.   Anyway I'd like some opinions of what level of quality would I be able expect in a return deal for a wing clone if I went that route as I've seen price ranges mild to wild for ones for sale and feel like I could build one myself for much less but then there is that downtime factor.   I know that everyone will be different on what value they would put on their own car. Maybe there are just too many variables to make a guess but perhaps I'd get lucky and there might would be someone out there that had one for a long time and just looking go with something different.  I posted a couple pics of each for reference but I'll remove them later.  I'm not looking to do this now but want to consider my options if I don't run across something else otherwise. There might even be others thinking the same thing.  David

I'm trying to post a couple pics but I keep getting this error "Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again."  I've renamed 2-3 times and can't get rid of it.  What do I have to do?
try renaming the pictures "lfkghskdhsdkjfhsdkjgbwsk" or something. worked for me sometimes...

PocketThunder

Quote from: Hemidog on January 08, 2008, 06:36:26 AM
Quote from: oldcarnut on January 07, 2008, 11:29:05 PMI'm trying to post a couple pics but I keep getting this error "Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again."  I've renamed 2-3 times and can't get rid of it.  What do I have to do?
try renaming the pictures "lfkghskdhsdkjfhsdkjgbwsk" or something. worked for me sometimes...

I just start increaseing the name with a number at the end like front1, front2, front3...

You might be better off selling your two cars and then buying a Daytona clone with cash.  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on January 07, 2008, 11:33:43 PM

HOUSTON ,WE HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

Just because I live here in Houston, I can't solve the World's problems......  :icon_smile_big:

oldcarnut: You may have to liquidate all your cars to even get a clone...  Be prepared..........   Good luck.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

oldcarnut

ok lets try

oldcarnut

and once more.  Thanks, it worked  :cheers:.  I doubt I'd get rid of both but I would most likely sell one and/or the Firebird to add to funds to build one.  The Challenger is daily transportation for us. Its only a 318, gets pretty decent milage and everything works including the A/C but the worst of it is the wife is getting pretty attached to it.   Guess I better get motivated on the FB  :vert:
David

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

Quote from: oldcarnut on January 08, 2008, 09:38:16 AM
and once more.  Thanks, it worked  :cheers:.  I doubt I'd get rid of both but I would most likely sell one and/or the Firebird to add to funds to build one.  The Challenger is daily transportation for us. Its only a 318, gets pretty decent milage and everything works including the A/C but the worst of it is the wife is getting pretty attached to it.   Guess I better get motivated on the FB  :vert:
David

Daily Driver! How cool is that!   :2thumbs:

Yep, sell the firebird and R/T and build yourself a clone.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemidog

those are some sweet rides!  :cheers:
and you're thinking of selling them?  :slap:  ;)

oldcarnut

Thanks for the compliments.  I'm not wanting to sell them but I am exploring my options and keeping an open mind.  If I moved the Challenger I would have to get something else to replace it with as like I said earlier its a main source of transportation for us.   The R/T would be hard as it has everything I wanted--4spd, a/c (not rehooked up yet), etc.  I have the original bulge hood that I painted with the car about 7 yrs ago and as you can see I added a few optional personal touches to it-side scoops, lift off hood, and some others.  Its not 100% original but its how I like it. Except for building a clone, I was figuring on it being close to the last project to spend all that time on as it has everything I wanted in one but if I did a clone right to my liking, it would serve the same purpose.  It would be tough but its only a car.

41husk

very nice cars, I am in the same boat, I would love to trade one are two of my cars for a wing clone.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

FYI:  http://www.carsnotforsale.com/

yeah nice cars,.. best lookin 318 chally I've ever seen..  :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Quote from: oldcarnut on January 08, 2008, 02:27:27 PM
Thanks for the compliments.  I'm not wanting to sell them but I am exploring my options and keeping an open mind.  If I moved the Challenger I would have to get something else to replace it with as like I said earlier its a main source of transportation for us.   The R/T would be hard as it has everything I wanted--4spd, a/c (not rehooked up yet), etc.  I have the original bulge hood that I painted with the car about 7 yrs ago and as you can see I added a few optional personal touches to it-side scoops, lift off hood, and some others.  Its not 100% original but its how I like it. Except for building a clone, I was figuring on it being close to the last project to spend all that time on as it has everything I wanted in one but if I did a clone right to my liking, it would serve the same purpose.  It would be tough but its only a car.

You can always clone the Coronet into a Wing car...?..  :scratchchin:

oldcarnut

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 08, 2008, 02:33:41 PM

Thanks for the link.  I'll save it for future use if I need too.  Never looked to see that they had trade sites out there. :2thumbs:
You can always clone the Coronet into a Wing car...?.. :scratchchin:
If I did that, the funny part I bet I'd still have people walking up at the weekday shows and saying they still remember seeing those same cars back in the day with the 440Hemi under the hood  O0.  Hmmm,    :think: what would I call it?  A Corotona ;D

daytonalo

hotrod98

Quote from: oldcarnut on January 08, 2008, 04:47:47 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on January 08, 2008, 02:33:41 PM

Thanks for the link.  I'll save it for future use if I need too.  Never looked to see that they had trade sites out there. :2thumbs:
You can always clone the Coronet into a Wing car...?.. :scratchchin:
If I did that, the funny part I bet I'd still have people walking up at the weekday shows and saying they still remember seeing those same cars back in the day with the 440Hemi under the hood  O0.  Hmmm,    :think: what would I call it?  A Corotona ;D

Could be worse...I had a guy call my 71 Cuda a "Ford Camaro".

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Was he a crack head or just a Hillbillie ???

hotrod98

This was at a car show in Jersey so he may have been both. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Brock Samson

when Troy was out here visiting we went to gas up the road runner, and this "youth" insisted on calling the Road Runner a Ford, even after Troy kindly explained it was a Plymouth..  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 11, 2008, 01:44:11 PM
when Troy was out here visiting we went to gas up the road runner, and this "youth" insisted on calling the Road Runner a Ford, even after Troy kindly explained it was a Plymouth..  :smilielol:
the stripe confused him
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE