News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got the call!!! I'm doin' PINKS ALL OUT! (Ron TOO!)

Started by Hemidoug, January 08, 2008, 04:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TUFCAT

That's cool as hell!  :cheers: What criteria did they use to pick you? Usually they're looking for a certain bracket aren't they?  :scratchchin:

NMike

what times does your charger run now/ will run?

70sixpkrt

Congrats.!! :2thumbs: I am registered for the Pinks All Out in Sept. at Infinion Raceway. I need to get some rear tires now.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

bull

Cool! Now all you have to do is fly Ron (if he doesn't get in) and Chryco down and have them tune your car for you. I probably missed this bit of info so forgive my ignorance but which car are you using?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on January 08, 2008, 11:46:12 PM
I probably missed this bit of info so forgive my ignorance but which car are you using?

Curtis, he's using the '69 ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Oh, cool. That will be nice to see the '69 on the track. :2thumbs: Can't wait. I wouldn't do that other Pinks show for anything... unless I drove a Chevy. :D

Hemidoug

Quote from: NMike on January 08, 2008, 11:17:07 PM
what times does your charger run now/ will run?

I'm in the hunt for low 11s...but I have a lot of work to do before I get there. The motor has it in it, just need to get the chassis up to the task.

Ron,
They were up to number 247 at 9:00 last night...keep your fingers crossed!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

bill440rt

Awesome, Doug!!!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Hey, can I still get your autograph at Carlisle?? I mean, ya never know what it might bring on eBay!  :D
Seriously, I'm in for some support, too!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Back N Black

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

Steve P.

This is fantastic news. Congrats man...  :cheers:  It would really be something if it came down to you and Ron in the finals...  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I surely hope Ron gets in as well.. I know he's been working on his animal most every chance he gets.  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Hemidoug

Quote from: Steve P. on January 09, 2008, 11:30:24 AM
This is fantastic news. Congrats man...  :cheers:  It would really be something if it came down to you and Ron in the finals...  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I surely hope Ron gets in as well.. I know he's been working on his animal most every chance he gets.  :2thumbs:

I sure hope Ron makes it as well...there are still people getting phone calls!

I don't think we would be run off together...I'm a full second faster.... :rofl: :poke: :whistling: :thumbs: :wave: :punkrocka: :stirthepot: :nixon:

Steve P.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:   Oh boy... Now the fun begins...     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 09, 2008, 11:59:29 AM

I don't think we would be run off together...I'm a full second faster.... :rofl: :poke: :whistling: :thumbs: :wave: :punkrocka: :stirthepot: :nixon:

Ouch !  :slap:  That's gonna leave a mark !  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on January 08, 2008, 11:30:59 PM
Congrats.!! :2thumbs: I am registered for the Pinks All Out in Sept. at Infinion Raceway. I need to get some rear tires now.

Awesome news Ricky !   :cheers:

Time to get some MT drag radials and start practicing.   :fireangry:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Hemidoug

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 09, 2008, 05:57:20 PM

Ron

You get a call yet? Any answer to your email?   :shruggy:

You know I'm bustin' your chops........ :D

firefighter3931

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 09, 2008, 06:03:36 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 09, 2008, 05:57:20 PM

Ron

You get a call yet? Any answer to your email?   :shruggy:

You know I'm bustin' your chops........ :D

Doug, you're the King of chop bustin here !   :icon_smile_big:  No offense taken  :rofl:

No e-mails yet but i did call them and had an interesting conversation. They're "looking into it" as we speak and realize that there are some technical issues that need sorting out. I informed them that mine wasn't the only application that was rejected and shouldn't have been. The original e-mail with the 12:01 timestamp has been forwarded to a different (Etown) address as well as the rejection e-mail....so they will be able to see what happened. They also checked and verified that i did in fact register on the e-townpinks group on dec 28th and recieved confirmation. I am also a current member of that Yahoo group.  :yesnod:

So, the only thing i can do is wait and see. Had i not called them there would not have been any phone call coming because they never recieved the original e-mail. Man this computer stuff is frustrating.....gimme a motor to wrench on instead !  ;)

Ron

Hemidoug

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Man, I'm so gald you did something about it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RD

this is awesome doug, I hope you and ron both get the chance to whoop up on some shivvy's and fjord's... congrats and good luck! :2thumbs:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1969chargerrtse

That's great news. Problem is I read every thread trying to figure what the heck you're all talking about. :shruggy:  I got the idea it's a show that you race with others.  Never heard of it on this side of the pond.  Can someone give a little more detail info?  I've seen this thread for a while, but had no interest in the color pink so never clicked it. :lol: ( I'm serious). When I saw Hemi Doug wrote it, I said oh He's cool lets see why he likes the color pink so much to start a thread about it?   ;D  It was about at that point I see it's a whole different story line. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                         :drive:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Hemidoug

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 10, 2008, 06:18:40 AM
That's great news. Problem is I read every thread trying to figure what the heck you're all talking about. :shruggy:  I got the idea it's a show that you race with others.  Never heard of it on this side of the pond.  Can someone give a little more detail info?  I've seen this thread for a while, but had no interest in the color pink so never clicked it. :lol: ( I'm serious). When I saw Hemi Doug wrote it, I said oh He's cool lets see why he likes the color pink so much to start a thread about it?   ;D  It was about at that point I see it's a whole different story line. 

http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/

Enjoy! Maybe you could do this across the pond!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Hemidoug on January 10, 2008, 07:33:05 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 10, 2008, 06:18:40 AM

http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/

Enjoy! Maybe you could do this across the pond!
I'm in CT so my side of the pond is the same side your on, I think?  Last time we wrote each other you promised me a ride in the Charger and I would think If your gonna be in PA, were probably from the same country.  :patriot: I don't get speed channel, I have to call my cable company, I love that channel.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Hemidoug

OK.....This is what threw me.....

QuoteNever heard of it on this side of the pond.

So I just naturally assumed you were on "the other side of the pond".... :icon_smile_big:

And your e ticket ride is still good!