News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone buy much PUI stuff?

Started by bull, January 09, 2008, 04:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'd never heard of these guys until I bought something on Ebay made by them. Seems ok. Anyone else?

http://www.puiinteriors.com/product.htm

Back N Black

I have used their headliner and vinyl top, no issues with it. There was a discussion awhile back on the door panels not fitting as well as Legendary panels.

694spdRT

I bought some seat covers for my Trans AM that were PUI products about 5 years ago and they were decent quality. I would not say they were as good as the Legendary covers in the Charger though. The graining and stitching was closer to original with the Legendary pieces. I haven't seen the newer Mopar PUI stuff yet.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

chargerhunter

I bought PUI door panels and seat upholstery, the quality I think is as good or better than Legendary. My buddy has the same stuff I bought but in Legendary and he told me mine look and fit better. Just a matter of opinion I guess.
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727

Chatt69chgr

Door Panels and seat covers from Year One are all PUI.  I verified this with them via phone today. 

bull

I bought a set of window felts made by PUI for my '68. They look good but I'll hold judgement until they are installed.

JimShine

I have their seat covers. They are nice. They feel softer than Legendary. Mine are going on 3 years old and they are holding up fine. But I didn't install the stupid buttons either, which may be helping. I hear people complaing about the seams. Mine had a minor issue with that plastic enforced thing on the very back of the bucket, but it is hidden and holding up fine. Especially when the two guys getting in and out are big guys that put any seat covers to the test.

FWIW, The Paddok sells both Legendary and PUI. PUI is now the default and Legendary is optional upon request.