News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's Just Not Fair!......Some Guys Have All The Luck

Started by DC_1, January 10, 2008, 06:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

Shakey

If you've got $1,275,000,000.00, you can live like him as the house if for sale also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AWESOME-HOUSE-HUGE-3300-SQ-FT-SHOP-IN-PHOENIX-AZ_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ12605QQihZ002QQitemZ120208384886QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It's a bit North of Phoenix.

The house is owned by a fella named Greg Nelson  http://www.moparponderosa.com/index.html   who is buying Bill Wieman's place in Scottsdale, AZ.  Bill is also selling off a car or so. 

Shakey

:2thumbs:

bull

Nice place but I'd rather eat a crap sandwich than live in Arizona. No offense, it's just too hot. Besides, the poor bastard doesn't own any Chargers. :icon_smile_cool:

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shakey

Quote from: bull on January 10, 2008, 07:29:40 AM
Nice place but I'd rather eat a crap sandwich than live in Arizona. No offense, it's just too hot. Besides, the poor bastard doesn't own any Chargers. :icon_smile_cool:

He does his Summers in MN.

Pistolpete

"Nice place but I'd rather eat a crap sandwich than live in Arizona. No offense, it's just too hot. Besides, the poor bastard doesn't own any Chargers."

Not that I need to build this guy up any more but I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of Daytona Chargers in a photo on the second link................WOW
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on January 10, 2008, 07:17:31 AM

If you've got $1,275,000,000.00, you can live like him as the house if for sale also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AWESOME-HOUSE-HUGE-3300-SQ-FT-SHOP-IN-PHOENIX-AZ_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ12605QQihZ002QQitemZ120208384886QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The house is owned by a fella named Greg Nelson  http://www.moparponderosa.com/index.html   who is buying Bill Wieman's place in Scottsdale, AZ.  Bill is also selling off a car or so. 

1.2 billion!! ?  :o

Mike i think you mean $1,275,000

Ya this guy lives just south of me, anyone want me to go inspect it for them?  :icon_smile_big:

Whats the deal with the different color exhaust hanger brackets?  Are the supposed to be that way?  They must be if this car is all correct.
Also the e-brake cable on the right has a rubber sleeve on it and the left side doesnt...?

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

I thought Wieman had something like 7 of the 9 know 71 Hemicuda 'verts?  This guy looks to have a fair number of them too?

Old Moparz

The cars & shop are nice, but why the need to post pics of your house in the ebay auction for the car?  :shruggy:

Oh yeah, it's the my dick is bigger than your dick syndrome.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ghoste

Because the house is for sale too and if you buy the house, he'll 100k off the car.
Buuuuuuuut, mostly what you said.

69charger2002

i don't think luck has much to do with HIS collection. pure money. i doubt he got all those in the 80's when they were cheap, or got them for nothing here recently. he is just loaded.. plain and simple. good for him. that's what i'd do if i was rich
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1972Rallye

Luck?... Maybe.  It's more likely he worked hard for his money (or works hard to keep it).  I'm happy for him!

The70RT

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 10, 2008, 09:25:22 AM
Quote from: Shakey on January 10, 2008, 07:17:31 AM

1.2 billion!! ?  :o

Mike i think you mean $1,275,000

Ya this guy lives just south of me, anyone want me to go inspect it for them?  :icon_smile_big:

Whats the deal with the different color exhaust hanger brackets?  Are the supposed to be that way?  They must be if this car is all correct.
Also the e-brake cable on the right has a rubber sleeve on it and the left side doesnt...?

Paul
in St. Paul

On Chargers with dual exhaust the unpainted one is added (bolted in) as the car goes down the line if it gets duals, and the other is welded in as all Chargers get that one of course. As far as the cable thing i would have to look at mine to see.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

Oh I hate those houses made out of sand - - or adobe style. They just look SCORCHING HOT. I'm sure that's the style, but I wouldn't want to live there. Too me, its just depressing. It looks like the dessert, then your house is made of sand - with hardly no windows??/ Oh no...not me. Give me some bricks and wood.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

TUFCAT

;) I love his cars though! ...and I'd probably be more interested in his house in MN! :icon_smile_wink:

TruckDriver

I wouldn't know what to do with a house that big. I would love to have a modest 3 bedroom ranch. A garage half that size would be fine for me.

This Challenger sure is nice though :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TUFCAT

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

ramit

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 10, 2008, 10:14:27 AM
i don't think luck has much to do with HIS collection. pure money. i doubt he got all those in the 80's when they were cheap, or got them for nothing here recently. he is just loaded.. plain and simple. good for him. that's what i'd do if i was rich
trav

Actually, I talked to Greg a couple years ago and he seemed like a super nice guy.  He told me that he started buying and selling these cars back in  the 80's.  In fact I remember him telling me that he actually had to charge his first Hemi Cuda on a credit card.   He said it ended up paying off though because he sold it a couple years later (I think it was only a couple years) for way more than he paid for it.  He used that money to buy even more cars.  You have to hand it to the guy because he knew what he was doing back then and obviously still does.  I had no idea until now how much he actually has.

41husk

I would agree luck had little to do with it, it seems like he had a vision and diddn't waiver from it and now he is reaping the bennifits.  Congrats to him.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

Man, that's a nice looking garage he's got there. :o

Ok, so all things being equal...if I had the kind of financial means to pull the trigger on a deal like that today, I wouldn't even think twice about instantly hitting the BIN button on this one. :drool5:
--->CLICK HERE<---

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bzabodyn

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2008, 09:28:33 AM
I thought Wieman had something like 7 of the 9 know 71 Hemicuda 'verts?  This guy looks to have a fair number of them too?

Bill also owns a few '70 Hemi cuda conv.'s also... Best mopar collection in the world, hands-down... (not just Cuda's either - wide array of HEMI cars)...
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack