News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Chargers got the chrome pedal surrounds?

Started by bull, January 13, 2008, 05:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Was it an option or standard on certain models? And what years was it available?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Part of the SE package from 69-70...  I added them to my non-SE 69 because I like the "look"
Not positive they were available on the 68's though...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Hey Chris, this is a side note but weren't they available as part of the white hat special package as well? I can't find my add right now, but I thought it was mentioned in the advertisement for that package as well.

Ghoste

I don't think they were.  In fact, IIRC, the WHITE HAT cars could not be had with an SE, which (if true) may make the pedal trim specifically NOT available with a White Hat.

Dennis K

I checked my 68 Chrysler parts catalog and there is no listing for the pedal bezels for B-bodies, only A and C bodies and Imperials. I say if you like them, then go ahead and put them on. I might put them on my 68 as well, I haven't decided yet.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 13, 2008, 06:59:14 AM
Part of the SE package from 69-70...  I added them to my non-SE 69 because I like the "look"
Not positive they were available on the 68's though...

Pretty sure Pedal Dress Up was not an option on 68 Chargers or Coronets.
Standard in 69 and 70 Coronet 500 and R/T; optional for other Coronets.

Does anyone have an ad listing what came with the White Hat special 68-70?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

Just found one.  For 69 it included Vinyl roof, whitewall tires, deep dish wheelcovers, light group, sports steering wheel, hood mounted turn signals, left side remote mirror.  You could substitute redline tires and the following items were NOT available with it; deluxe wheel covers, blackwall tires, radio group AO4, driver trainer or dealer demo, Hemi engine, SE package, RT or 500 package.

69_500

I stand corrected. I just found my 3 copies of the advertisement as well. Ghoste, where did you find the exceptions to the options? On the adds I have it says that the White hat specials came with white wall tires though.

Ghoste

It was in the fine print in the bottom of literature that went to the dealers only to promote the package to them.

UFO

This is for 1969.

Ghoste

I notice that last sentence in what you posted.  That would indicate to me that if the pedal trim could be ordered independantly of the SE package, then it was available.  I also notice that it does not exclude the 500 and RT from getting a White Hat package.  The literature I was referencing was more of a promotional item sent to the dealers to get them excited about it so what you posted should be the most accurate.  I'm not aware of any 500 White Hats but has anyone heard of a White Hat RT?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on January 14, 2008, 12:31:25 AM
I notice that last sentence in what you posted.  That would indicate to me that if the pedal trim could be ordered independantly of the SE package, then it was available.  I also notice that it does not exclude the 500 and RT from getting a White Hat package.  The literature I was referencing was more of a promotional item sent to the dealers to get them excited about it so what you posted should be the most accurate.  I'm not aware of any 500 White Hats but has anyone heard of a White Hat RT?

Look at the top line... Available on on XPs only.

Pedal trim was n/a as a stand alone option on 69 Chargers like it was Coronets.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

69CoronetRT

Just 6T9 CHGR

Brian, mind if I "borrow" those scans for the registry site?  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Thanks for posting those. Learn something new every day. I read stuff in one spot, and then forget where I saw it at. I must have seen something in another models section about the pedal dress up being an option other than in the SE package.

It definately isn't the first time I've been corrected.

UFO

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Tilar

What is that light group that is listed under vinyl top?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

The vinyl top in question here is part of a promotional package known more commonly as the "White Hat Special".  The light group that was included as part of the package is the same one that was available as a separate option and it included a map light in the dash, a light above the ignition switch, a trunk light, an ashtray light, a glovebox light, and a headlight on warning buzzer.
Vinyl topsd and the light group could be ordered apart from each other but when you got the White Hat package, they came together.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Nacho-RT74

they simply look GREAT!

I had the lucky to got them locally NOS with Pad and all. Acelerator pedal was about an inch shorter thought!

Emergency bezel was got later, with pad, used from a member here but perfect conditions that matchs perfectly with the NOS I got.

I have LOTS of brakes pedal bezels available down here NOS to 73 and laters Mopars, if somebody needs!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html