News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tire Sizes on Daytona's

Started by WINGR, January 16, 2008, 10:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

Happy New Year 

Hi again everyone, I am back on this tire thing again. I have been looking for the P255x60R15 Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar street tires (White- Letters) but since they have discontinued the 15" sizes, all I have been able to find is a set of P255x70R15's. I believe that the main difference between the 60 and 70 series in that tire is that the overall diameter on a P25560x15 is 27" while on the 70 series it is 29" and the width on the P25560x15 is 8.8", while it is only 8.1" on the 70 series. Does anyone know how that would work out with the 70 series and if the extra heighth will fit and/or may it not look right on Daytona? Also, with either size tire would I be better off going with 15x7" or 15x8" wheels? I currently have P22570R14 on the stock road wheels and it is just not enough tire on this big car.  :brickwall:

I am wanting to put the tires on some 15" wheels that would replicate what they ran on the Daytona's back in 1969 & 70. Does anyone have a good lead or contact for that type of wheel.

Thanks again.

WINGR

Howie

Go with a 275 60 15 on a 15x7 or 15x8 wheel.

WINGR

Thanks for the info. Is your Daytona a stock Daytona? I think the 275's would look great but still not sure they would work on my car. Do you have a picture of your Daytona that you could post.

Thanks again.

WINGR

Howie

This is a nascar 28 tall 12.5 wide x15 on a 15x8 wheel

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on January 18, 2008, 12:52:52 PM
This is a nascar 28 tall 12.5 wide x15 on a 15x8 wheel
nice window plugs howie

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Howie

Here is a front view that shows the width of the tire. Pretty wide. I am going to go with a 15x9.5 wheel though.

Howie

Stuart. These are the plugs I took down to larry`s monday. It gave me a little more room in the shop. Fired up the central heat last night. Now I have the motor out and am going to start cutting the firewall out.. A 275 60 15 will work fine. You have the room.

PocketThunder

Does Goodyear make a tire for the street with that size lettering on it?  I'd put a set of those on my C500.  :yesnod:

EDIT:  guess what happens when you use a search engine like google?   :slap:

Goodyear Eagle Radial Race tire
Tread Width: 11.5 inches
Estimated Cost $402 each
Average Life 150 miles
Air Pressure (cold psi) 30 psi, left / 45 psi, right
Inflated with Dry air or nitrogen
Weight 24 pounds
Tread Thickness 1/8 inch

Goodyear Eagle High-Performance Street Tire
Tread Width: 7.9 inches
Estimated Cost $80-100 each
Average Life 50,000 miles
Air Pressure 35 psi, all
Inflated with Air
Weight 30 pounds
Tread Thickness 3/8 inch
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Howie

There was a set of treaded nascar tires for use in the rain on ebay that went for a little over 500. I was going to bid till I saw the life of the tire and axed the idea. I was going to just put a street 275 on it but someone whom I have been talking to changed my ideas and now I am going out whole hawg. Right now the best tire is Drag Radial 2 which is 315/60/15. The other guy is doing some checking so we will see what happens. Yes larry there is a little rust on the car just like my closeout panel :poke:.

WINGR

Thanks for sharing the pics of your car and tires. I may stick with P255 60 R15 in either the Nascar Eagle's if I can find them or maybe the Eagle GTII's. I know the 275's would look great but am still concerned about rubbing and do not want to modify the car at all.

WINGR