News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok, here's something to try...

Started by Charger_Fan, October 05, 2005, 11:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Got this in an e-mail today.
You guys need to try this...I can't, because I don't own anything new enough.
:crazy:

You won't believe it, but this works -- who'd a thought it???

Have you locked the keys in the car?

If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are home, call someone at home on your cell phone and ask them to get your car keys.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at home press the unlock button on your keys while holding it near the phone on their end.

Your car will unlock. It will save someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk this way!)

*Editor's Note * It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone each time we tried it.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Are you waiting for someone to post back telling you how they tried it & it didn't work?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

andy74

ramit

Quote from: andy74 on October 05, 2005, 11:58:20 AM
no shit? ill try that

I thought you were smarter than that (since you drive the same car as I do ) ,that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. ::)

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 05, 2005, 11:56:18 AM
Are you waiting for someone to post back telling you how they tried it & it didn't work?
Sure!
If the editor of the e-mail sez it works, it must...right? :smilielol:

I know, it is a pretty rediculous idea & I'm not thinking it's gonna work either.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Vainglory, Esq.

all the same, I think some scientific proof is in order. :P

Ponch ®

sounds pretty far fetched, but what the hell, its worth a shot...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Vainglory, Esq.

Alright, Ponch, we'll give it a shot.  Now gimme the keys to the G-ride.

andy74

Quote from: ramit on October 05, 2005, 12:33:41 PM
Quote from: andy74 on October 05, 2005, 11:58:20 AM
no shit? ill try that

I thought you were smarter than that (since you drive the same car as I do ) ,that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. ::)
i give-its bull shit,had the lot guy from the dealership try it,i didnt want to look stupid!

Troy

Don't remotes work on radio frequencies? Last time I checked cell phones wouldn't transmit those over the line.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

A blonde buys a brand new car & cruises all day long enjoying her new ride. After hours on the road, she decides to get a bite to eat & stops at her favorite restaurant. As she is finishing dessert, she notices she doesn't have her keys. She pays the check & runs out to the car to see if the keys are inside. There they were, hanging right from the ignition where she had left them. She grabs the door handle & sure enough, it's locked. She runs around to the other side & that one is locked too. Frantically, she pulls out her cell phone & the salesperson's card who she bought the car from. It's now starting to rain & she is upset with her problem as she tells the dealership what happened.

The salesperson gets on the line & says "How can I help you?"

"I need to know which window is the cheapest to replace on my car. I locked the keys in it & can't get in. I want to break it & get my keys" She says.

"There's no need to break any windows, I'll be right over with a master key & get you back on your way." The salesperson told her.

"No you don't understand, I have to get in now!" She screams.

"I'm just a few minutes away from where you are, just wait." He adds.

She yells back, "I can't wait, the top is down, it's raining cats & dogs & I have to put it up before the seats are ruined."
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69charger2002

nice, and also very believable lol
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 05, 2005, 02:17:29 PM
A blonde buys a brand new car & cruises all day long enjoying her new ride. After hours on the road, she decides to get a bite to eat & stops at her favorite restaurant. As she is finishing dessert, she notices she doesn't have her keys. She pays the check & runs out to the car to see if the keys are inside. There they were, hanging right from the ignition where she had left them. She grabs the door handle & sure enough, it's locked. She runs around to the other side & that one is locked too. Frantically, she pulls out her cell phone & the salesperson's card who she bought the car from. It's now starting to rain & she is upset with her problem as she tells the dealership what happened.

The salesperson gets on the line & says "How can I help you?"

"I need to know which window is the cheapest to replace on my car. I locked the keys in it & can't get in. I want to break it & get my keys" She says.

"There's no need to break any windows, I'll be right over with a master key & get you back on your way." The salesperson told her.

"No you don't understand, I have to get in now!" She screams.

"I'm just a few minutes away from where you are, just wait." He adds.

She yells back, "I can't wait, the top is down, it's raining cats & dogs & I have to put it up before the seats are ruined."
:haha: , that's funny!