News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"NEW" 69-70 Charger Back-up Light Assembly

Started by BEAPARTS, January 18, 2008, 06:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAPARTS

"NEW" 69-70 Charger Back-up Light Assembly now available.  Since there is no way we can reproduce the lens because it's glass, we might make it out of clear acrylic like other lenses as long as we don't get beat up for it later not being absolutely correct.  Hey wait a minute, is that the same rubber boot used on the hood mounted turn signal indicators?  Now there's a good discussion.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

resq302

Ya know Mike, I think you are correct with that boot assumption.  I haven't had my back up lights out for god knows how long.  Looks like you found another use for them.   :cheers:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

six-tee-nine

Quote from: BEAPARTS on January 18, 2008, 06:09:55 AM
Since there is no way we can reproduce the lens because it's glass, we might make it out of clear acrylic like other lenses as long as we don't get beat up for it later not being absolutely correct. 

No way IMO. I just spent a half year scanning E-bay every day for one of those fu***ng fragile glasses.

Perhaps a tip : make the glasses available separate cuz some of us still have good or really saveable housings but a set of new glasses would'nt hurt. If I would not just have paid 60 bucks for a pair of dang glass lenses I would be up front to get a pair...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

miamivice

fantastic, another piece i need!  whats the price on these?
...also, any chance of seeing 69 tail light lenses?  :cheers:

JimShine

To add misery to the glass lenses. there are two different types. There is the style with the face raised up about a 1/4" beyond the retainer ring and another almost identical lense that has a face that is totally flat (maybe Roadrunner?). Both have the same pattern on the backside, so you have to get close to spot the difference.