News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a reason to quit smoking?

Started by Charger Aficionado, October 05, 2005, 12:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Well I know this will be a SORE subject, but I thought you all needed to see this...   For all my buddies that say there are no Drastic Changes being made by tokin' on that cancer stick...   I found this when I was trying to help my mother quit smoking, but it's too late now, she has the cancer and it's not stopping...  
  Here is actual proof of what smoking does to you...   These are two IDENTICAL twins, can you guess which one sucks formaldehyde daily?   That crap ROTS you.   Go toss your pack.

Charger_Fan

Looks chopped...there's no way any chick that young would let her teeth get that bad.

I am with ya however, that it does definitely damage people.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

ive been smoking 2 packs a day for 10 years,been slowly weaning myself off,down to less than a pack everyother day.if you never smoked,it is alot harder than you think-andy

RD

i smoked for 10 years, but quit when my daughter was born.  That was 3 years ago and havent started again.  Andy, your moderation technique of quitting your addiction is not working.  You either quit or you do not.  Cigarettes own you, or you own yourself, there is no in between. just my 2 pennies, hope you quit though.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

4402tuff4u

Andy, did you realize that you just burned in smoke approx. $ 43,000 in ten years!!! I know you dont need the preaching from a non-smoker or from anyone, but just for the sake of that beatiful baby in your hands, is way worth it to stick around as long as you can. :icon_smile:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

nh_mopar_fan

I quit cold turkey 7 years ago. You can do it.

TheGhost

I quit cold turkey about 8 months ago, or so.  However, due to my AWESOME willpower, I picked it back up again a month ago. :-\
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

andy74

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on October 05, 2005, 01:08:46 PM
Andy, did you realize that you just burned in smoke approx. $ 43,000 in ten years!!! I know you dont need the preaching from a non-smoker or from anyone, but just for the sake of that beatiful baby in your hands, is way worth it to stick around as long as you can. :icon_smile:
thanks guys, i actually am taking a pill that slows the cravings-some shit i got from our doctor.i dont smoke in the house,or in the car when the baby is with me,which has helped me quite a bit.i will be smoke free by the end of october,no matter what-it is a mind game with yourself,and i can spend more money on beer!

4402tuff4u

Andy, we are all behind to quit pal! You'll do it.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger_Fan

I'll help ya quit...I got quite good at installing cigarette loads in come of my co-worker's smokes a few years ago. :D

BOOM!!! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JimShine

Yeah, there is some manipulating on that pic. Smoking no doubt is hurtful. I wish I never started.

Old Moparz

My grandmother smoked & ended up with respiratory problems & had to carry oxygen around the last few years she was alive. She did quit cold turkey, but after so many years it was too late to do any good. My father smoked since he was 12 or 13, & over the summer had a minor stroke. He also quit cold turkey, but wants to punch people on a regular basis. (I just chat by telephone now & mail him pictures of cigarettes.) He's got it under control I think. If you can stop smoking it'll be the best thing for yourself & people around you. I never smoked cigarettes even though both my parents & all of my grandparents did. Never liked the taste or the smell, & can't get over what they cost.

Good luck in trying to quit.

Healthy Lung:

Smoker's Lung:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Silver R/T

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 05, 2005, 12:53:17 PM
Looks chopped...there's no way any chick that young would let her teeth get that bad.

I am with ya however, that it does definitely damage people.

ive seen bad smokers and I believe its possible, especially when one;s smoking like 2 packs a day or more... cigarettes just say NO
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

JimShine

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 05, 2005, 02:01:35 PM
My grandmother smoked & ended up with respiratory problems & had to carry oxygen around the last few years she was alive. She did quit cold turkey, but after so many years it was too late to do any good. My father smoked since he was 12 or 13, & over the summer had a minor stroke. He also quit cold turkey, but wants to punch people on a regular basis. (I just chat by telephone now & mail him pictures of cigarettes.) He's got it under control I think. If you can stop smoking it'll be the best thing for yourself & people around you. I never smoked cigarettes even though both my parents & all of my grandparents did. Never liked the taste or the smell, & can't get over what they cost.

Good luck in trying to quit.

Healthy Lung:

Smoker's Lung:

mmmmm. I am hungry! The smokers lung looks one of my drunken attempts to cook a steak on the grille at 2 am.

69bananabeast

my dad had quit for ten years , over the latter half of it my mom bought him a corvette for it. it was an early 90's . It was his 4th corvette and ended up selling it because of insurance like all the others. any way he started up again and been going for 5 years. sometimes you never really quit just prolonging enevitable. its really bad on my dads side half the family is on it . im even at about 4-6 sticks a day . although when im playing pool or working on my car you can blow that number out of the water. I've tryed quiting like 5 times has come through yet. last Spring break I went a week without one so I know I can stop Its just a matter of time and will . In a way though I kinda feel like the only thing that would make me stop is a g/f that demands it. 
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

SeattleCharger

I love to smoke but I am sad that I like to smoke.   I started around twenty, off and on for next ten years, then since I was thirty I pretty much smoke everyday, also I do chewing tabacco.    If I quite one of them, I do more of the other, so I figure by doing both I am cutting my chances of one of them hurting me by half, weird logic?   sort of, dang, I wish I never started.   I smoke seven or eight a day, sometimes a couple more, but I am pretty hopeless about stopping, congratulations to all that have stopped, amazing, good luck Andy, sounds like you are really trying.   That is great.   For me maybe someday, I know a lot of it is psychological, but the problem is I feel like I have pretty much given up on trying to quit . . .   The weird thing is I quit drinking and smoking green over two years ago and haven't touched them since, but the cigarettes and chew thing, jeez.         

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Badbob

I quit smoking cold turkey 8 years ago last saturday. I quit drugs and alcohol 18 years ago last saturday. The choice is yours.

MichaelRW

I smoked 1 -2 packs per day for 15 years and then quit cold turkey in 1990. What finally made me decide to quit was simply thinking about what I was doing.

1. I was wasting a lot of money that could be going to far more worthwhile things
2. I was waking up each morning with smokers cough. Yuck!
3. My clothes stunk from smoke.
4. And the most compelling to me at least was.....the fact that I was buying this product made of dried up leaves from some plant that grows in the ground, these leaves are ground up then wrapped in a little piece of white paper, stick the white roll in your mouth, light it up and suck in the smoke. That is absolutely one of the stupidest things one can do.

I used to get 2 or 3 colds a year and get  3 or 4 sties in my eyes per year. Since quitting I have not had even one sty and I get a cold maybe every 2 or 3 years now. The colds I do get are much less severe and go away faster.

Will power, my man, will power.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bananabeast

awhile back I calculated it up .  buying a pack that costs $3.25 and smoking 5 a day costs $500 a year
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

SeattleCharger

Wow, 3.25, they are about $7.00 a pack here, taxes.     Half a pack a day is $1246.00 a year, ow.   A can of chew is about $9.00 here.   What a waste.     

Weapons of mass destruction=   a cigarette, 400,000 dead Americans EVERY year, over and over, year after year, but we spend 160 billion on a war to fight terrorists that killed 5000 Americans one time, sort of weird if you look at it that way.     There is a difference, the people killed in the attack didn't have a choice about being there that day, like smokers have a choice about quiting, but how can a U.S. company   make an addictive, deadly product that kills that many of our own citizens every year, crazy.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dart3404

I quit cold turkey Over 1 year ago. I still want to smoke though :rotz:. It's a nasty, yucky, expensive habit.

Silver R/T

Quote from: AllBlueRT on October 05, 2005, 03:16:00 PM
OM that's nasteee. Like you I never smoked, but my parents and all my aunts and uncles on the one side of the family did. I remember as a kid having to go outside of our house cause it was like a fog bank inside.

That poster chick even grew a mole from smoking. I agree, as pretty as she is, she wouldn't let her teeth get that yellow. Women are too high of maintenance to let that happen.

:cheers: WTG Andy. Problem is if you drink more you'll want to smoke more. At least that's what my buddies used to do.

second hand smoke still very bad for everyone, i really hate when people smoke around me.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger Aficionado

Second-hand smoke blows, I mean Sucks...