News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Layson's Restorations

Started by SFRT, January 27, 2008, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

Any experiences? Im thinking about getting some stuff from them, specifically a rebuilt wiper moter.

-Thanks
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

ive never had a good experiance with Laysens.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

SFRT

can u guys recommend a place where I can get a decent rebuilt wiper motor assembly?

-Thanks
Always Drive Responsibly

Shakey

I had a good experience with Layson's, keeping in mind that I was there to pick up the items in person.

With regards to your wiper motor, I'd contact this fellow for that service:

http://www.julesdaddio.com/

bull

I've done alright with them on the two occasions I dealt with them. I ordered a reproduction locking fuel cap from them a long time ago and here recently I got a body bumper kit, a paint gasket kit and a bumper bolt set from them w/o incident. Well, actually they did sell me the wrong bumper bolt set so I'm going to have to try squaring that with them. I guess we'll see how that goes.

Charger-Bodie

I placed my last order with them about 1.5 years ago. They said they had it all in stock , about 3 weeks later Icall them up cause I hadnt recieved it yet (even though my card was charged the next day after I placed the order) the lady says Oh we dont have the stuff in stock !! but we will send it as soon as we get it in.I told her to forget it if they want to lie to be able to charge the card, even though they didnt have the parts.It was a 565.00 order and it took almost a year to get the refund!!  :RantExplode:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Winged 1

;) ;)
RUN FOREST RUN!!!
But that is just my humble opinion..
Best of luck,
Eric

Winged 1

:flame:
Be sure to ask them who has to pay the shipping when they send you damaged goods and you want to return it to get it fixed??
Ask Dave the owner how many trips it takes to there shop to exchange something that is miss shipped by them? After he tells you to come on down and we will fix it. Then leaves and FORGETS to tell his counter person he has invited some one down and then refuses to help..
RUN AWAY!!! Don't walk...
:Twocents: :Twocents:

chargerboy69

I had great experiences with them. But I was at Nationals and had the items in my hand.  So if you can do that.  :yesnod:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

lilwendal

I highly recomend this guy.  He use to do Year Ones wipers and thats his motors you see in thier cataloge.  Great guy!  Has not used Ebay for a while but all his contact info is there.  I've been to his shop several times and very proffesional operation.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250179219329
Tell him Mike in Orlando sent you :2thumbs:

SFRT

3 or more horror stories=no way will I buy from them. Thanks for the honesty.

That Jules' stuff is sweet, but I was hoping to be able to buy an already finished assembly and not have the rebuild time delay. I do not need 'concourse', simply nice and redone and working.

I am putting the whole dash back together end of next week, and it would be nice to have the motor before the heater box goes in.

I ended up ordering the heater box from SMS, along with the 4 sp pedal and ebrake assemblies. People there where VERY nice on the phone.
Always Drive Responsibly

Goldfinger71

Talked to Jules the other day.He is swamped for the next few months with orders.He does date coded inventory that you may want to look into instead of getting your redone.Check him out! :coolgleamA:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Carl1

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

8WHEELER

DIVE

DIVE

DIVE

Dave and Laysons   :RantExplode:   :loser:   I don't feel like typing this out again, takes 2/hrs to type at least.
Hell you should see the threads on Moparts, can't believe the guy is still in business, and yes I know him, and
been to he place several times......  one of his personal FU cost me 6hrs of driving........

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

41husk

I ordered a air grabber switch bezel that was said to be in stock back in October after about 3 weeks I called and they said it was on back order,  I still have not recieved it and my card was charged in October :brickwall: they said February, we will see :shruggy:  I have bought from there tent at Monster Mopar, but I will never phone in another order.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dodgecharger-fan

Ah crap! I was going to send mine out to this guy because he's right here in my city: http://wiperman.homestead.com/
But it looks like he's closed up shop.

Shakey

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 28, 2008, 10:20:27 AM
Ah crap! I was going to send mine out to this guy because he's right here in my city: http://wiperman.homestead.com/

I was/am curious as to what happened to Rick in St. Catharines.  I had him do my wiper motor last year and then all of the sudden he is gone.   :shruggy:

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 28, 2008, 10:20:27 AM

I was going to suggest Mopar Essentials as well but like dodgecharger-fan wrote his web-site states they are out of the business. Wonder why? He did mine with great results. Glad I had mine done before he closed up.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Old Moparz

I've never bought from Layson's, but have seen enough complaints to avoid them with all the other choices available. The one time I did deal with them, was when I had a set of NOS wheel lip mouldings for a '70 GTX I was selling. They had a wanted ad on their website for a set so they can copy & reproduce them, so I called & offered mine.

I don't remember who I spoke to, but they said they only needed one, not an entire set. They still wanted to buy it, but I said I wasn't breaking up a set of 4. They then asked if they could borrow it, but wanted me to pay to ship it, & they would in return, give me a chance to "buy" a repro set at cost from them as compensation for lending it to them.

Yeah, sure.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemi68charger

Other's have said what I would have ....  ditto...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

If your just after a wiper motor for fit and function, try any local auto parts store. Such as a Napa

472 R/T SE

If anyone wants to chance Layson's make sure you talk to Rick Keesler when you call them.  He's a board member who's taken it upon himself to clean up Layson's act.

professor-patrick

If you don't mind ordering and waiting for weeks just to call them and discover what you want is on backorder - they never tell you in advance.  The one time they did have a part in stock, took 3 weeks to get it.  Won't buy from them anymore.
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com