News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just got screwed (non-sexual)

Started by FastbackJon, October 06, 2005, 03:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurquoiseRT

Quote from: Steve P. on October 07, 2005, 12:22:48 PM
I am pretty pissed at a local policeman at the moment myself.. Here's the readers digest version..

First the cop ran up between two lanes of traffic on the white line.   ILLEGAL.....
Then he left the scene of an accident. ILLEGAL.......
Then this upstanding pillar of the comunity was willing to let someone else take the fall for it. ASSHOLE.......
Then I'm feeling like I just took the entire police force off the streets for a scratch.. I'm a turd..
Now I don't know what to do.....

I would stay off the roads if I were you, I wouldn't even jaywalk!!!!!!!!!

Steve P.

Quote from: TurquoiseRT on October 07, 2005, 02:50:17 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on October 07, 2005, 12:22:48 PM
I am pretty pissed at a local policeman at the moment myself.. Here's the readers digest version..

First the cop ran up between two lanes of traffic on the white line.   ILLEGAL.....
Then he left the scene of an accident. ILLEGAL.......
Then this upstanding pillar of the comunity was willing to let someone else take the fall for it. ASSHOLE.......
Then I'm feeling like I just took the entire police force off the streets for a scratch.. I'm a turd..
Now I don't know what to do.....

I would stay off the roads if I were you, I wouldn't even jaywalk!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha........  I figure they owe me one.........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

volk68

I got you all beat...I got pulled over for having a key chain string hanging from my rear view mirror.  It is about the size of a thick shoelace and has the Miami Dolphins logo printed all over it.  Trooper Sam Trujillo (a real jerk) actually claims he saw it when I drove by him at 65 mph and pulled me over for it.  His exact words were "You need to take that crap off of there".  He couldn't write me a ticket, but he tied up my life for a good 10 minutes when I was trying to get to work :flame:  He is the same guy who wrote my brother a ticket for 3 mph over the limit and told another guy I know that he had to clean his license plate every morning so that the registration tags are clear (he lives on a dirt road).  Like I said, Trooper Trujillo just sucks  :flame: :flame: :flame:

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Silver R/T

thats spokane for you, they need every $ they can get and theyre not gonna believe some young kid.."oh I was just changing CD" you know how many excuses like that they get. And legally you have to wear seat belt once you get in the car and start it. this is lots of bs but its the 'law' and you;re such law obiding citizen (fastbackjon) why are you complaining about. "just pay the man" like commercial says.
Same bs would happen if you go 0-35 (speed limit) but real fast, cop pulls you over and even though you went speed limit its considered as excess of speed of whatever they call that bs. Even though in traffic safety ed instructor said to "accelerate up to speed as fast as possible" which doesnt make sense to me. I bet if i did very fast 0-35 mph run on divison st and get pulled over by deputy Dick that excuse wont work for him or neither the judge.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 07, 2005, 10:22:05 PM
thats spokane for you, they need every $ they can get and theyre not gonna believe some young kid.."oh I was just changing CD" you know how many excuses like that they get. And legally you have to wear seat belt once you get in the car and start it. this is lots of bs but its the 'law' and you;re such law obiding citizen (fastbackjon) why are you complaining about. "just pay the man" like commercial says.
Same bs would happen if you go 0-35 (speed limit) but real fast, cop pulls you over and even though you went speed limit its considered as excess of speed of whatever they call that bs. Even though in traffic safety ed instructor said to "accelerate up to speed as fast as possible" which doesnt make sense to me. I bet if i did very fast 0-35 mph run on divison st and get pulled over by deputy Dick that excuse wont work for him or neither the judge.

Did this make any sense?

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Vainglory on October 07, 2005, 10:56:05 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on October 07, 2005, 10:22:05 PM

Did this make any sense?

Makes perfect sense to me...but then...I have about 8 ounces of 18-year-old single-barrel bourbon impairing my judgement.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Silver R/T

Quote from: RD on October 06, 2005, 08:33:55 PM
man.... i thought this thread was to state that you and silver r/t finally hooked up!

:D :D :D

no he likes moms, btw is yours single?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

Quote from: gsmopar on October 07, 2005, 01:53:08 PM
I got a "suspicion of speeding ticket" once.   There are good cops, and there are those guys we picked on in Highschool that have something to proove now that they have a badge.   Oh, and I also agree that there are several laws that their sole purpose is to generate revenue.  

Here is one for you:   If the government/laws/the man/whoever was really concerned with safety, all cars would be mechanically limited to the 75mph speed limit.   Instead, we have Photo Radar and speed traps.   Yes, I prefer the later, but don't blow smoke up my butt and say it's for our safety!

:iagree:

I also get a kick out of the cell phone law. Its not a bad law but once again should pertain to EVERYONE, not just civilians. I was actually following a Schenectady county cop one day and he was on his cell phone talking and watched him blow right through a red light through a busy intersection and not even realize it. Lucky he didnt hit anyone. That department  doesnt need anymore problems.

myk

Hmm...Guess I better get some seatbelts for the 'Charger...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lowprofile

Quote from: Ponch on October 06, 2005, 04:30:12 PM
Quote from: Charger4404spd on October 06, 2005, 04:19:44 PM
Same law here, but the bastards dont care if you live or die, its a money thing. In fact, alot of stupid laws are a money thing. Frankly, it should be a personal choice. I do wear mine, but not because "ITS THE LAW"

whatever the reason...the "bastards" are just doing their job. It is your responsibility to know the rules and regulations when youre driving.

That being said, there's a difference between doing your job & being a dick. And for that matter, who's to say Fastback John didn't get "lippy" with the officer. Its always a fifty-fifty crapshoot when you get pulled over. :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

FastbackJon

I think cops need tracking devices in their cars, so that way they would be less able to lie about where they were and what they saw.

The cop that wrote me the belt ticket also wrote on there that he first saw me as he was travelling the other direction on the roadway. You would think that when he first saw me with no belt, would be when he would decide to pull me over.

So if that were true (and he did see me driving with no belt), he would have had the intention of pulling me over in the first place. He wouldn't have passed me in the left turn lane at the stop light (I was going stragiht) with his left turn blinker on, then noticed me as he passed me, then he stopped ahead of me, and THEN decided to pull me over and put his right turn blinker on to get back in traffic.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

FastbackJon

One more thing, our washington state seat belt law also states that:

(2) This section only applies to motor vehicles that meet the manual seat belt safety standards as set forth in federal motor vehicle safety standard 208 and to neighborhood electric vehicles. This section does not apply to a vehicle occupant for whom no safety belt is available when all designated seating positions as required by federal motor vehicle safety standard 208 are occupied.

So what if my vehicle doesn't meet the manual seat belt safety standards as set forth in federal motor vehicle safety standard 208? Then all the seat belt laws do not apply to me. So they should have to prove that my vehicle conforms to those standards, to be able to fine me for not wearing my seat belt, rather than just assuming it does.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

67_Dodge_Charger

Hey Jon
maybe his brother works for DCX :icon_smile_big:

You are famous for your collection of real Chargers.

Robert

FastbackJon

jaak

dude that sucks,  seatbelt tickets in Alabama are 25 bucks if issued by trooper, 10 if by local/ city cops (if you pay them before your court date)
I know because I have got 2-25 tickets and 4-10 tickets so far.