News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

X on fender ID plate

Started by FLG, February 05, 2008, 07:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Hey guys, quick question. I pulled the fender tag off my 73 to get some info on the car. I got what i wanted but im just curious about something. On the right hand side of the plate just below the screw hole there is a sideways "X" stamped on it. Any ideas on why?

Thanks,

Frank

69CoronetRT

Quote from: FLG on February 05, 2008, 07:00:12 PM
Hey guys, quick question. I pulled the fender tag off my 73 to get some info on the car. I got what i wanted but im just curious about something. On the right hand side of the plate just below the screw hole there is a sideways "X" stamped on it. Any ideas on why?

Thanks,

Frank

It sounds like you are describing an inspection stamp on a Lynch Road built car. Any pics?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

FLG

Heres the picture, its hard to see so i took one from the back and drew the "X" using paint on the front picture. This is not on a second ID plate (my second plate is blank), this is on the main plate.

69CoronetRT

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

FLG