News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grille corners.

Started by bear, February 06, 2008, 11:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bear

Are the lower grille corners the same on a 68 as a 69 charger? Because I need to copy the corners for my grille since they are both gone and I know no one locally that has a 69 but I am going down to get a part from someone this weekend and he is working on a 68 for someone that lives at the lake that I go to all the time and if the corners are the same then I will try to make a mold so I can cast the corners for my grille. If they aren't the same would someone here be able to copy their grille corners for me?  And I will try to take pictures of the 68 he is working on as well.

Back N Black

Answer to your question is Yes. I had the same problem, i used my daughter's playdough to make the mould and applied it to my broken grill,  let it sit until the playdough got hard and poured liquid fiberglass in the mould. Worked out great.

Troy

The entire section is the same (both sides) - only the center piece and one headlight door are different.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bear

Quote from: Back N Black on February 07, 2008, 10:37:18 AM
Answer to your question is Yes. I had the same problem, i used my daughter's playdough to make the mould and applied it to my broken grill,  let it sit until the playdough got hard and poured liquid fiberglass in the mould. Worked out great.
Thanks and you already answered my next question.

charger2fast4u

Quote from: Back N Black on February 07, 2008, 10:37:18 AM

never heard of that being used as a mold. are you's talking about the small piece of the grill that's between the lights and fender mine are broken up on my 68.

Troy

Probably the corner that juts out at the bottom behind the bumper. They are almost always broken. I'd think you would want something a bit stronger than just fiberglass resin but it may work. I had thought about casting some in ABS or some other sort of plastic but companies keep promising to remake the entire grill sections so I wait. Oh well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bear

Heres what I was talking about

Back N Black

Here is what it looked like from start to finish.