News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuild Electric Headlight Motors on 66 Charger ...

Started by Diablo1, February 07, 2008, 08:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diablo1

I am a newcomer to this forum and I am restoring my 1966 Dodge Charger and I need help with rebuilding the headlight rotating electric motors.  My second project is fixing the illuminating gauges in the dashboard.  Does anyone have any references, I am located in Milwaukee, WI.

Ghoste

I'll feel like a schmuck who's trying to run someone off of this great site but for the sake of fixing your Charger (which is what we're all about) follow the link at the bottom of my sig to the 66-67 Charger forum.  The tech area there will answer most all of your questions.  David Walkers Source Guide is another invaluable ally.

Musicman

Go to the 66-67 Charger site Ghoste mentioned and ask for Topher... he rebuilds the motors. There are a bunch of folks there that will get your gages up and running correctly.

Rolling_Thunder

I just fixed a set - but Topher will hook you up if you're not exactly electricaly inclined  :2thumbs:  He's who helped me with some questions I had. 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger1973

Speaking of Topher...  Has anyone heard from him in a while?  He has my headlight motor and I havent heard from him in 2 months.   I PMed him about a month ago but havent gotten a response.  :scratchchin:

71_deputy

oh oh.... Topher ran off with it!!!!!!   LOL

Bet he is busy- pm off the 66-67 site!!!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

Charger1973

Well I dont think he wanted it that bad LOL Im just hoping all is well. 

Charger1973

Quote from: 71_deputy on February 08, 2008, 08:10:06 AM
oh oh.... Topher ran off with it!!!!!!   LOL

Bet he is busy- pm off the 66-67 site!!!!!

Im not a member there but if anyone that is sees him around and could mention it to him that would be great.   :cheers:

Musicman

Quote from: Charger1973 on February 07, 2008, 10:41:41 PM
Speaking of Topher...  Has anyone heard from him in a while?  He has my headlight motor and I havent heard from him in 2 months.   I PMed him about a month ago but havent gotten a response.

I sent Topher a message on the other site... You can bet that he'll be in touch real soon.

Charger1973

xp29g

Hey man, I can't remember my other login pass word!  :o I feel like a dummy.  :eek2: I do have your motor on the bench and am trying something again after the other 2 deals didn't quite pan out. I hope to have you a positive note later on this week.  :2thumbs: I know this has been a long road for both of us, and I am sorry for that dude.

I do rebuild the 1st gen motors, power paks for the dash lights, and am getting into the gauges as well.

Topher-never any shortage of things to do.

Big Sugar

Topher ?    Like Gopher with a "G"    ?    You from the South ?

David Walker

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

xp29g

Charger1973

Quote from: xp29g on February 12, 2008, 04:25:03 PM
Hey man, I can't remember my other login pass word!  :o I feel like a dummy.  :eek2: I do have your motor on the bench and am trying something again after the other 2 deals didn't quite pan out. I hope to have you a positive note later on this week.  :2thumbs: I know this has been a long road for both of us, and I am sorry for that dude.

I do rebuild the 1st gen motors, power paks for the dash lights, and am getting into the gauges as well.

Topher-never any shortage of things to do.

I just now saw this.  Maybe Troy can help you with your password?  Good to hear from you though.  Its still too cold to work on my car right now anyway, just wondering how things were going.   :cheers:   

xp29g

Busy to the nth power! I've got a new e-maill addy if you'd like to keep prodding me along via e-mails. headlightmotorman@live.com Yeah, it's kinda long, but unforgettable! I currently have your motor, 2 sets of gauges, and 12 1st gen h/l motors to rebuild, a;ong with 4 power paks. No shortage of work here!

:cheers:

xp29g

Looks like I'm gonna have to build a jig to mount the internal part to to be able to re-wind this thing. I've tried doing it on the outside of the body a few times now, twice last night, and when I go to put it back in it won't fit.  :brickwall: I'm not done yet, it'll just be a little bit longer by a day or so.............