News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Not positive on the total number of 4 speed 440 powered cars, as far as total production #'s go. My list only reads like this though 26 4 speed 440 cars that I've located, and then you have to also take into consideration that I have 89 440 powered 500's that I do not have full information on. Some of those cars were 4 speeds when I looked at them, but I don't have them marked as confirmed 4 speed cars due to either not having a fender tag or a broadcast sheet to confirm the addition of the 4 speed hump and such.

Oh and side note. Welcome to the site. Charger500az.

RAC95054

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 28, 2008, 08:11:28 AM
Quote from: charger500az on February 28, 2008, 01:46:11 AM
The car I'm restoring is a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 with a 440 Magnum/Hemi 4 Speed/Super Trak Pak/Dana 60. It was originally a Mr. Norms Car from what I've been told. I will put some pics up in the next few months.

Russ.... Where are you?.. lol

Good one, Troy!   :lol:   Welcome to the site, Charger500az.  Troy's comment about me relates to the fact that I *really* want a C500 4-speed.  So it must be time to get my word in that if you are ever thinking of selling, please let me know.  I'll be more than happy to give it a nice new home.  :icon_smile_big:  -Russ

Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

charger500az

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys. To Moparchris, yes that was me that took alot of pics of your beautiful hemi 500. What a small world. Lol. Anyways, I will have to work on the pics in the coming months. I had an old computer and digital camera crash not too long ago and that has a ton of pics on it. I have some but I will post them in the coming months. It has been a soap opera with things
that have gone wrong over the last few years. She will be ready by Summer if not sooner. I would love to hang out and meet some of you guys. Music, Mopars, Beer and Women are all mans best friends.
How many of you guys are going to the Mopars at the Strip? Also, to mopar chris and others in Arizona, are you guys going to Speed World in April for the Mopar Show and Drags?

learical1

Speed World is out in my neck of the woods, (arrowhead), but I don't have anything interesting to drive there.  I'd only go to see the cars, and maybe bump into people I used to hang with 25+ years ago.  That is, of course, if the wife lets me.  :hah:
Bruce

69_500

I'm still thining of heading out to the Mopars at the Strip. This would be the 4th straight show if I go, but as of yet haven't confirmed anything. All depends on if I get permission to video or take pictures of anything.

runninhorn

well I guess my bank is too slow for the owner. I was written an email in a tone I cant believe was written and given demands or else. I will not be talked to that way, and just two days away from the bank cutting the check, im backing out of this deal. So any of you guys that want the car, go get it, b/c you dont talk to me that way that the seller talked to me-period. ill go find another one. I bend over backwards to be leniant and understanding and you talk to me that way? I dont think so. Whoever the other member here was that wanted it, go get it, its yours, im not paying that man a dime of my money.

I just lost $350 on an appraisal, $500 on a plane ticket for this weekend, and deposit on the truck/trailer I was renting to go pick it up, but you dont get that attitude with me-period.

moparstuart

Quote from: runninhorn on March 05, 2008, 04:39:03 PM
well I guess my bank is too slow for the owner. I was written an email in a tone I cant believe was written and given demands or else. I will not be talked to that way, and just two days away from the bank cutting the check, im backing out of this deal. So any of you guys that want the car, go get it, b/c you dont talk to me that way that the seller talked to me-period. ill go find another one. I bend over backwards to be leniant and understanding and you talk to me that way? I dont think so. Whoever the other member here was that wanted it, go get it, its yours, im not paying that man a dime of my money.

I just lost $350 on an appraisal, $500 on a plane ticket for this weekend, and deposit on the truck/trailer I was renting to go pick it up, but you dont get that attitude with me-period.
to each his own , it's a rare car if you really wanted it , you would work it out !   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Ah so its back on the market then.  :scratchchin: Might know someone else interested.

RAC95054

I'm sorry to hear things went so sour.  Maybe the seller was being that way on purpose so you would back out of the deal??  :shruggy:  Just a thought, in case anyone else told him he could get more for it elsewhere.  BTW, I was the other guy that was initially interested in the car too, but decided to wait on a 4-speed car afterall (hopefully some day it will happen).  Since you do have so much invested in it, he must have said some nasty things, because I'd first try to straighten it out before throwing away the money.   :Twocents:

PocketThunder

That sucks!  Well, put your daytona picture back in your avatar  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparchris

I really didn't want to see this happen because I didn't want to be dragged into this deal, but the owner wasn't being rude or demanding other than expecting someone who is buying a car to have the money.  Gee, what a shocker that is.  Does that sum it up for you?  My brother and I have been involved in with these cars for almost 30 years and many people in the Phoenix area know us and neither one of us have ever treated anyone rudely in a business deal.  And I'll be damned if this guy is going to tarnish what we have done over these years.  If you are going to smear my brother you are smearing me also.  Maybe I'm a little over protective but that's the way it goes.

moparstuart

I kinda figured there was another side of the story !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

Quote from: runninhorn on February 26, 2008, 08:37:47 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 26, 2008, 08:36:39 PM
How much longer until you take possession of the one you just bought? Next weekend? This weekend?

had to jump thru 10 hoops, jumped thru last one this morning. Papers are being overnighted tonight, signing, and his money is going to him in 2 days so im going to hopefully get it picked up this weekend, if not, first of next.

well I'm sorry the deal went south on you both - buyer and seller - like that,.. but the time line seems more then a little off,.. all the deals I've ever made with vehicle purchases were cash in hand meaning i was first in line with the green... and in most every case there were folks lined up behind me...
I can't even imagine a seller waiting two weeks for payment on a desireable collectors car and the car still being there...

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on March 06, 2008, 12:54:37 PM
I kinda figured there was another side of the story !

There almost always is - however, I don't want this (or any other) thread to devolve into a mudslinging contest.  I have my own opinions, and I'm sure others can form their own opinions without my assistance.  Let's leave it at that...

Fair warning:  any further personal-oriented comments will be removed from this thread. 

hemi68charger

Sorry to hear that...............  :(
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Fox466

Hi guys. Just wanted to take a second to give you a tiny bit more info to be used while you form your own opinions on this matter.

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352433&page=1&pp=50

Please feel free to peruse our board, possibly run a search on this guys username so that you will be able to formulate a more exacting e-pinion. There is quite a bit of history behind him that would be beneficial, if not flat out entertaining for you all.

It's never a good thing when members names are tarnished, for whatever reason, so.... Enjoy.  :cheers:

Aero426

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 06, 2008, 10:33:32 AM
That sucks!  Well, put your daytona picture back in your avatar  :icon_smile_big:

Going back in time, my gut feeling told me when his avatar changed to the 500 before it was bought and paid for, was that somehow, some way, for some reason, the deal would not go through.   No particular reason other than bad karma, I guess.     I've seen it before where there's a whole lot of discussion and high-fiving before the car gets home.  Trouble is, more often than not, something goes wrong and the car never gets home.   

BB1

Delete my profile

RAC95054

Quote from: MorePwr on March 06, 2008, 02:21:56 PM

Sorry to hear this Runninghorn. big waste of your time and money. members too, didn't someone here on this board have to go take pics for the seller?

Yes, Bruce was kind enough to go over and look the car over and give some great feedback.  :cheers: for Bruce!

RAC95054

Quote from: moparchris on March 06, 2008, 12:11:42 PM
I really didn't want to see this happen because I didn't want to be dragged into this deal, but the owner wasn't being rude or demanding other than expecting someone who is buying a car to have the money.  Gee, what a shocker that is.  Does that sum it up for you?  My brother and I have been involved in with these cars for almost 30 years and many people in the Phoenix area know us and neither one of us have ever treated anyone rudely in a business deal.  And I'll be damned if this guy is going to tarnish what we have done over these years.  If you are going to smear my brother you are smearing me also.  Maybe I'm a little over protective but that's the way it goes.

I was wondering how it could have gone so sour.  When I spoke to your brother about the car (I think I was the first one), he was nothing but pleasant to me.  Sorry the deal went bad.  :-(

-Russ

69_500

I wish the third gentleman who also has a 500 would post some more over here sounds like he has a very interesting car. There is always room for another 500 owner to post on this site isn't there?  :icon_smile_cool:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Fox466 on March 06, 2008, 03:02:20 PM
Hi guys. Just wanted to take a second to give you a tiny bit more info to be used while you form your own opinions on this matter.

http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352433&page=1&pp=50

Please feel free to peruse our board, possibly run a search on this guys username so that you will be able to formulate a more exacting e-pinion. There is quite a bit of history behind him that would be beneficial, if not flat out entertaining for you all.

It's never a good thing when members names are tarnished, for whatever reason, so.... Enjoy.  :cheers:

Crikies!  You guys are rough over there!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Fox466

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 06, 2008, 08:42:01 PM
Crikies!  You guys are rough over there!

Laughably enough, we are known to eat our young on our site, but that does help to weed out the riff raff. Some of whom finds their way to various dodgecharger.com boards, be that as it may.

As for who I am, it matters not. I'm just another faceless e-individual. What matters is that, in my opinion (fwiw), you have a member in your midst who will shamelessly slander an innocent in his pursuit of making himself appear to be something that he is not. The sellers of the car in question have evidently been engaged in this activity for quite some time and I for one would hate to see all those years of honest activity be at risk after a 'less than honorable' person slanders them. I will likely not post on your board beyond these token five or so posts (as I bleed Ford Blue and simply don't understand what went wrong with you guys  :nana:) but thought that I would try and share a bit of knowledge that you may have not otherwise have been privy too.

Moderators: I hope that I have not stepped on any toes or violated any of your policies. Again, I am only trying to give you all the benefit of knowing what you may have otherwise not known. lastly, if you search our board you will find a great deal more information on this screen name that will back up my assertions.

charger500az

Hey guys. I haven't gone anywhere but I've been busy with the car and all. I will post alot more as it gets closer to summer and I have more time. This site is one of the best
mopar sites on the internet. I may sell my car someday but you guys have to at least be patient while I enjoy it for a while. One thing I may consider down the road is possilbly
selling it with a partial trade for a 68 Charger. I love the cirlcle lights! :icon_smile_big: I will keep you guys posted. All of us out here in Arizona will have to get together someday
and share storys as we drool over each others cars. That is for the ones who still have cars but old pictures and storys are cool as well.

472 R/T SE

IIRC, he works for an auto transportation outfit so why was he on that board looking for someone to haul it?  :shruggy:

I smell something.  :fart2: