News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 dodge charger 500 with 440 motor on AZ craigslist

Started by petercharger, February 09, 2008, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhorn

yea, I mailed the payment to the appraiser, now the appraisal goes to the bank, and the bank says the old owner's check is ready to be cut and sent, just waiting on him to change the title over to his name so they can send the $$$$$. Getting so close!!!

moparchris

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he will come through o.k.  I also rode bikes for several years and decided one day that I was lucky having some close calls but nothing so much as a scratch, and that was good enough for me.
Thanks for giving me the o.k. to look for my missing broadcast sheet.  I will be gentle with your car.  I'm still kinda bummed that my brother is losing the car and we never got to have fun with our cars together, but I guess that's the way it goes.  If you are going to come into town let me know and I will meet you at my brothers house to say hello.

runninhorn

thanks Chris. From the looks of things, it will be next weekend when I come in. My lender is trying to get in touch with your brother to finalize the paperwork and as soon as they get that settled with the title, we are good to go. Im shooting to be out there next saturday.

69_500

Congrats on getting close to finalizing the deal. Enjoy the car. Its definately a nice ride.

runninhorn

Quote from: moparchris on February 20, 2008, 02:16:28 PM
Hey Runninhorn.  Congrats on purchasing my brothers car.  I tried to stay far away from these posts as I didn't want to get caught up in the deal.  My brother didn't even tell me about this, but I guess that's a story for another day.  I was with him when he purchased it and we used my trailer to bring it home.  The car runs fine to get on a trailer and with a weekends worth of work you should be driving it.  From what I noticed driving it it should only need brake work mostly and then normal items on a car that's basically just been sitting.  I have one favor to ask you since you have bought the car.
I never even had a chance to check for the broadcast sheet.  Since my C500 also has a green interior I was hoping against hope that maybe my broadcast sheet would be in his interior.  Do I have your permission to look before the car goes away.  I will only touch mine if it is there.  If it is not I will not touch anything that does not pertain to my car.
As for the title situation.  He has a signed title from the person he bouhgt it from, he just never put it in his name.  It has a clean signed Wisc. title that you should be able to present to the MVD in your state.

Chris, please tell your brother Im in no hurry, I think he feels im pressuring him and Im not, please let him know if he needs to wait until next week to get the title transfered then so be it.

learical1

Quote from: learical1 on February 19, 2008, 04:13:01 PM
Quote from: RAC95054 on February 19, 2008, 04:01:46 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 19, 2008, 03:56:51 PM
Well there are 3 500s in that same area of AZ right? Oh thats right but the other 2 aren't for sale. And only one of them is a 4 speed and its definately not for sale.

There is other C500's for sale in that area??  Can you be so kind as to share?   :P

The brother of the owner of the 500 for sale has my old Hemi 4-speed 500, and it's not for sale.  There might be another one in the Greater Phoenix area, but not that I'm aware of.  30+ years ago, there were 2 others, but I have no idea of they're still here.

received an e-mail from the owner of #3. He lives in Mesa, AZ and he says the car will be ready in early summer.
Bruce

runninhorn

Quote from: learical1 on February 26, 2008, 05:16:23 PM
Well there are 3 500s in that same area of AZ right? Oh thats right but the other 2 aren't for sale. And only one of them is a 4 speed and its definately not for sale.

There is other C500's for sale in that area??  Can you be so kind as to share?   :P

The brother of the owner of the 500 for sale has my old Hemi 4-speed 500, and it's not for sale.  There might be another one in the Greater Phoenix area, but not that I'm aware of.  30+ years ago, there were 2 others, but I have no idea of they're still here.

received an e-mail from the owner of #3. He lives in Mesa, AZ and he says the car will be ready in early summer.

how much will he be asking?

learical1

Quote from: runninhorn on February 26, 2008, 05:18:03 PM
Quote from: learical1 on February 26, 2008, 05:16:23 PM

From the e-mail I got, I believe the 500 will be ready for HIM to DRIVE, not to sell.i

how much will he be asking?

I think he's keeping it.
Bruce

69_500

You thinking of trying to buy all of the 500's that come up for sale from now on then runninghorn? JK

runninhorn

Quote from: 69_500 on February 26, 2008, 05:51:07 PM
You thinking of trying to buy all of the 500's that come up for sale from now on then runninghorn? JK

haha, a car collector/guru/die-hard has to start somewhere! :icon_smile_cool:

69_500

How much longer until you take possession of the one you just bought? Next weekend? This weekend?

runninhorn

Quote from: 69_500 on February 26, 2008, 08:36:39 PM
How much longer until you take possession of the one you just bought? Next weekend? This weekend?

had to jump thru 10 hoops, jumped thru last one this morning. Papers are being overnighted tonight, signing, and his money is going to him in 2 days so im going to hopefully get it picked up this weekend, if not, first of next.

69_500

Did anyone locate a broadcast sheet in the car as of yet? I know that his brother was going to look for his sheet in it, but did he find any sheet at all in the car?

When you do get the car I have a few questions about a few smaller items on the car.

runninhorn

Quote from: 69_500 on February 26, 2008, 08:56:51 PM
Did anyone locate a broadcast sheet in the car as of yet? I know that his brother was going to look for his sheet in it, but did he find any sheet at all in the car?

When you do get the car I have a few questions about a few smaller items on the car.

Ya know, im not sure. Ill definately be looking when it gets here. Gonna take it to the shop to get it road ready when it gets to dallas. Ill let you know so I can answer any questions.

RAC95054

Quote from: learical1 on February 26, 2008, 05:43:08 PM

I think he's keeping it.

That's too bad.  I was hoping there was smoe potential there for me to get my C500.  :'(
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

learical1

Quote from: RAC95054 on February 26, 2008, 09:34:32 PM
Quote from: learical1 on February 26, 2008, 05:43:08 PM

I think he's keeping it.

That's too bad.  I was hoping there was smoe potential there for me to get my C500.  :'(

owner hangs out at Moparts, rarely over here.   :rotz:  since he didn't post anything here, I'm assuming he prefers to remain a-nona-moose!  But he found me from this thread.     
Bruce

tan top

congratulations ( runninhorn ) :cheers: looks a awesome deal  :drool5: ....  ..would love to see more pictures ,,sometime  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

Ah I wish the owner of the other 500 in that area would chime in on this board. I looked at that car when it was for sale out in California several years back. Was a fairly well optioned car, including cruise control.

learical1

Quote from: 69_500 on February 27, 2008, 04:44:15 PM
Ah I wish the owner of the other 500 in that area would chime in on this board. I looked at that car when it was for sale out in California several years back. Was a fairly well optioned car, including cruise control.

He said he bought it out of Illinois. :shruggy:
Bruce

69_500

:scratchchin: Makes me wonder if its another car then the one I'm thinking of.

charger500az

What's going on guys. I figure I might as well join the conversation here as well. I have to admit that this site rocks! You guys are really knowledgable. The car I'm restoring is a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 with a 440 Magnum/Hemi 4 Speed/Super Trak Pak/Dana 60. It was originally a Mr. Norms Car from what I've been told. I will put some pics up in the next few months. I wish it was a hemi but at least I know that it is one of less than hundred 440/4speed Cars. I belive there were about 72 or so if I remember right. Congrats on purchasing the Mean Green Machine. She is a beauty. How many of you guys live out here in Arizona? Also, is anyone on here a member of Moparsunlimitedofaz.com? It's  a local mopar car clup that put's on some good events a few times a year. In April they have a huge car show with drag racing also all day long. Anyways, it's great to be here.

hemi68charger

Quote from: charger500az on February 28, 2008, 01:46:11 AM
What's going on guys. I figure I might as well join the conversation here as well. I have to admit that this site rocks! You guys are really knowledgable. The car I'm restoring is a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 with a 440 Magnum/Hemi 4 Speed/Super Trak Pak/Dana 60. It was originally a Mr. Norms Car from what I've been told. I will put some pics up in the next few months. I wish it was a hemi but at least I know that it is one of less than hundred 440/4speed Cars. I belive there were about 72 or so if I remember right. Congrats on purchasing the Mean Green Machine. She is a beauty. How many of you guys live out here in Arizona? Also, is anyone on here a member of Moparsunlimitedofaz.com? It's  a local mopar car clup that put's on some good events a few times a year. In April they have a huge car show with drag racing also all day long. Anyways, it's great to be here.

Welcome to the board and more specifically, the Aero Cars section........... Look forward in seeing pics of your car... I also have a 440 4-speed C500.. It's T7 bronze... You can see pics of it via my website at the bottom of my reply......... Last I heard from numbers unless someone, like maybe Danny says otherwise, is 26 for 440 4-speed equipped cars............

Russ.... Where are you?.. lol

Again, welcome........ This is a great site with many cool and very knowledgeable people..

Cheers,
Troy

PS: I would suggest starting a new thread to introduce yourself....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 28, 2008, 08:11:28 AM
Welcome to the board and more specifically, the Aero Cars section........... Look forward in seeing pics of your car... I also have a 440 4-speed C500.. It's T7 bronze... You can see pics of it via my website at the bottom of my reply......... Last I heard from numbers unless someone, like maybe Danny says otherwise, is 26 for 440 4-speed equipped cars............

Welcome to the forum Charger500AZ...

Although I would like to believe the "26" production number for 440 4Spd C500s... its seems almost that many are on the forum or known by forum members... 72 sounds more likely.

Allen
( Yet another 440 4 Speed Charger 500 owner... )
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparchris

Welcome aboard C500 brother.  I believe you took numerous photos of my hemi C500 at the Bill Luke car show a couple of years ago.  If you have any questions finishing your car, be sure to ask first.  Everyone here is more than happy to help.  Let's see some pictures! :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on February 28, 2008, 12:15:58 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 28, 2008, 08:11:28 AM

Welcome to the forum Charger500AZ...

Although I would like to believe the "26" production number for 440 4Spd C500s... its seems almost that many are on the forum or known by forum members... 72 sounds more likely.

Allen
( Yet another 440 4 Speed Charger 500 owner... )

I agree with ya...............  There seems to be more... Galen's list way back when with the 392 # listed 26 in an issue of the Winged Warriors newsletter and as ou already know, "His" list of the 580+ has never been publlished.. It may not even contain a breakdown in drivetrain though........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection