News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What did you do????

Started by tomonty, October 06, 2005, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomonty

Haven't posted in awhile because I have been busy with school and work, but I have a question for you all.  What did you do to get over someone? Specifically, were you ever so convinced that you were with the person you were meant to be with only to have it go to hell? How did you get over that? I was with the girl I wanted to marry. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else but her. Then one night she tells me she doesn't want to be with me anymore.  We were together almost 3 years. In fact, it would be 3 years next week.  I guess I am just looking for any advice from someone who has been there before, because this is a first for me and it sucks ass.  :(
At least I should be able to start tearing into one of my chargers next week, which I think will help........

Mike

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Shakey

Go out, have a few drinks and find another broad to pork tonight!

tomonty

Quote from: Shakey on October 06, 2005, 11:19:24 PM
Go out, have a few drinks and find another broad to pork tonight!

I did the going out and having a few drinks tonight...no broads around to pork however.... :P
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

694spdRT

Hey Mike

Nice to see you back on the site.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. My wife and I have been together since High School. I was not in any other long term relationships but, there were a couple girls before her that I thought might be the ones and it just didn't work out. Leaves you feeling lost for a while but, you will get through it. 

BTW: If your Charger is up and running we have that cruise planned for Sunday I mentioned before. That might help get your mind off it. You can PM me if you want the details.

Take Care

Ty   

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

tomonty

Quote from: 694spdRT on October 06, 2005, 11:32:16 PM
Hey Mike

Nice to see you back on the site.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. My wife and I have been together since High School. I was not in any other long term relationships but, there were a couple girls before her that I thought might be the ones and it just didn't work out. Leaves you feeling lost for a while but, you will get through it.

BTW: If your Charger is up and running we have that cruise planned for Sunday I mentioned before. That might help get your mind off it. You can PM me if you want the details.

Take Care

Ty

Thanks, Ty. Haven't had much time to work on it since school started. Like you said, school and restoring cars don't mix...I definately want to get it out before it gets too cold and the white crap starts flying. If I get her out, I will let ya know. As always, your car is awesome :punkrocka:

Vainglory, Esq.

A quote from platoon:

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry, and the world will turn.

She may be miss right in every way but the fact that she doesn't want to be with you - but that's probably the most important way.

694spdRT

Yeah, school had to come first for me too.

I am not sure what I will take Sunday...probably the '77 Bandit T/A or maybe dad's '68 Super Bee. The water pump started leaking in the Charger and I haven't had time to fix it yet.

Let me know if you get the Charger squared away or if you need help.

Ty

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Drop Top

I married my High School sweet hart. We dated 4 years and we were married for 2. She left me for my best friend at the time. I miss him more than I do her.  ;)  Be happy it happened now before you got married. It hurt like hell for awhile. I have 2 great kids from that relationship. But someone once said. "Time heals all wounds." This will happen for you. You will find the right person and you will know when it dose. I'll give you the same advice that I gave my son. Keep everthing at a non serious level until you have your career on track. This will help keep your schooling at a priority and help get the scores you need for a good job later. With a good education you will have a better chance of a good carear. With a good carear money will fallow. With money a good woman will be easy to find.

Look around, women as a rule. Don't what to go to work everyday. They what to stay home and take care of the house and have kids. That OK, God made them this way. Deep down inside, they want a good man that can provide all of this for them. Keep all this in mind. Have fun with all the willing young ladies. After you get your carear on track then you can find what you want. My son has fallowed my suggestion. He is 22 has a his own house. His truck is paid for. He is saving money to put into his 71 GTX. All his furniture is paid for. In January he is buying a new Harley. He almost got married when he first went into the Air Force. But found out she was sleeping around his back. Now he is the happest young man I have seen. He flies all over the world and gets paid for it. At 22 years old he's on top of the world. You can too, just get over this little bump in the road and hit the books. Love has plenty of time to catch up to you. It will hit you when your not looking. Your better off and hopefully you have learned something from this relationship. Use the knowledge wisely. Good Luck!

Orange_Crush

Quote from: tomonty on October 06, 2005, 11:17:44 PM
Haven't posted in awhile because I have been busy with school and work, but I have a question for you all.   What did you do to get over someone? Specifically, were you ever so convinced that you were with the person you were meant to be with only to have it go to hell? How did you get over that? I was with the girl I wanted to marry. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else but her. Then one night she tells me she doesn't want to be with me anymore.   We were together almost 3 years. In fact, it would be 3 years next week.   I guess I am just looking for any advice from someone who has been there before, because this is a first for me and it sucks ass.   :(
At least I should be able to start tearing into one of my chargers next week, which I think will help........

Mike

How?

Well, you do what a little surfer dude told me at the beach one time after if found out my car had been broken into and I was yelling and cussing and throwing a general fit.

The little dude walked up to me, looked a how I was acting, looked at the glass on the ground and says:

"Dude!  Acknowledge, and move on."

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

4402tuff4u

I have to agree with Drop Top. Concentrate and put all your energy/effort in school. Get that done and then you will see that the rest will fall in it's place. I've known my wife since junior high school. We've both dated others but we were never that serious until we both were done with college. Having a career is power and independence. In my opinion, most women are looking for a man that has some sort of career/future and/or plan to be successful. If you concentrate on that, the rest will follow. Good luck. Keep your head up, it's her loss you have a Charger, she dont.      
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Old Moparz

Quote from: tomonty on October 06, 2005, 11:17:44 PM

What did you do to get over someone? Specifically, were you ever so convinced that you were with the person you were meant to be with only to have it go to hell? How did you get over that?

Buried her in the garden. Now when I eat vegetables that taste great, I think of all the good she did to improve the soil conditions.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

6pkrunner

Its a lot better to happen now than years down the road. You can recover from this. Yeah it stings like a mother, mainly for the not-seeing-it-coming aspect. No one likes a con job. Anyway there are more fish in the sea. Go have some fun for a while. There's lots of time for settling down later.

Brock Samson

Sorry for your loss Bro... :icon_smile_dissapprove:
   I been there too, usually my "relationships" lasted approx 2 years,.. I've had 5 or six of them. I think the longer you've been with someone the harder it is to split... especially when they "dump" YOU which is what it feels like anyway... no matter how nice they try to be.. can be hard for the "dumper" too though,..  :yesnod:
  I used to pour myself into my work, especially my band music (that's where the blues come from) and my Charger sometimes i would just get toasted in an effort to self-medicate. That's dangerous but we do it... I did it, many, many times,..
  in retrospect i feel sometimes i still miss them for sure, women expect a commitment and if, after two years you don't provide one they are cool with they will usually go looking...  :'(
Usually they trade up... that's facts man.  :eyes:
So, keep your head up, there's alotta wonderful women, look around,.. learn and live!   :icon_smile_big:

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/articles/article.php?artID=145

derailed

I focussed on finishing my car at the time as well as school, theres nothing worse than trying to concentrate on school work that you could give a shit less about when your that bummed out so mix a little pleasure in there and it will help take your mind off it and youll be amazed at how much you get done.

psykicpup

:pity: - get out & see your mates & fill in the times you would have spent with her- cos thats the hard bit sitting around thinking 'Saturday we used to go to see a movie'(or what ever) - be so busy you'll wonder how you had time for HER!
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

inhrmswy

sounds like there are a lot of tom leykis listeners out there...good to hear Im not the only one... :yesnod:

Brock Samson

dodgecharger-fan

Yeah, it sucks at first, but don't let it get to you for too long. It's not worth it.
The hardest part is convincing yourself that you shouldn't try to work things out. At this stage, you're not going to lose much. So, cut bait now, think back on the good times and move on to even better times.

Be careful about jumping into some sort of project to help you get over her, because you might always link that project to the break-up. It would suck to be thinking about somehting that hurt everytime you drive your Charger.

Move on first, then enjoy the extra time for yourself and your projects.

inhrmswy

Tom Leykis is a radio talk host out of Los Angles you can hear him every week day from 3 to 7 on the web.  (he is nation wide but not all major citys carry his show)  the web site is www.blowmeuptom.com      He is the founder of Flash Friday and Leykis 101, an online adult education course that teaches men how to get more tail for less money and more importantly, teaches women how men think.   I listen to him daily up here in seattle on 100.7 the buzz.  (also online now).

Ponch ®

Quote from: inhrmswy on October 08, 2005, 12:55:04 PM
Tom Leykis is a radio talk host out of Los Angles you can hear him every week day from 3 to 7 on the web.  (he is nation wide but not all major citys carry his show)  the web site is www.blowmeuptom.com      He is the founder of Flash Friday and Leykis 101, an online adult education course that teaches men how to get more tail for less money and more importantly, teaches women how men think.   I listen to him daily up here in seattle on 100.7 the buzz.  (also online now).

:thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger_Fan

That guy seems to do a lot of autographing. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

Leykis Rocks. :D :D

Sorry for the hijack. My advice, Quit school, fly to LA, and go hang out with Ponch & John for a month or so. I f you survive that, you won't even remember your ex's name.  Party on, Garth. :punkrocka: :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

moparguy01

I've always just poured myself into my work, and my car. it helps me alot.  go hang out with buddies and keep your mind busy. it'll help.

myk

I've never made the mistake of getting close to anyone, let alone some lunatic female, but I can certainly sympathize with and imagine what you are going through.  The best, most efficient way to "get over" this person and resume a progressive mode in your life is to go find someone else.   Ultimately though, there will always be a section of you that will never truly be over this individual...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"