News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sources for SEM interior paint?

Started by Wakko, October 07, 2005, 02:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

I went to my local auto paint shop yesterday to buy some SEM Vinyl Dye paint and it was closed.  By the looks of the faded boards over the window, it's been a while too.  :)   I tried to find a SEM Homepage but without luck.  Where's the cheapest place to order that stuff?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Wakko

Thanks, I got those off Google too, but I was actually looking for people that'd dealt with these places. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

I bought some from this guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=63702&item=4552224169

The unit price isn't bad, but he was best in terms of shipping price when buying quantity (six cans is the same as 1). They came in within 3 days too.

phat69charger

Quote from: Wakko on October 07, 2005, 03:53:49 PM
Thanks, I got those off Google too, but I was actually looking for people that'd dealt with these places.  

Any Auto Upholstery Shop can order it for you, but any upholstery shop should be able to get it for you.

Shakey

I purchase my SEM products from Car Quest.

I contacted the SEM rep for ON and he gave me a list of dealers.

JimShine

I bought some from a Carquest a few towns away and needed some more cans and the local branch and they claimed they couldn't get it. I pointed out other SEM products on their shelves and they said it came from the Carquest warehouse and that anything special wasn't available. I guess they could have just given me the run around.

Wakko

Hey Jim, did you spray your entire interior with it?  How many cans did you use?  I need to do four door panels, dash, headliner and all plastic pieces.  No console or seats.  I was gonna get two cans and expect to have extra.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

JimShine

I would get 4 cans. I think my headliner took all of one can before it was even.

I didn't do my entire interior as I had lots or real tan stuff. I sprayed my headliner, headliner trim, package tray, lower door panels, kick panels, back seat, visors, dash cap, steering column and dash frame with 6 cans. The headliner and package tray took alot as it soaked up like a sponge and needed several coats to even out.

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM