News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 B/E & A Black 5 pc Dash Fascia Bezel Kit

Started by joflaig, February 17, 2008, 12:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

Right now I have the faux wood grain dash fascia and a black interior. I really think the black fascia would look better for a completely black interior. The wood grain pieces are in excellent shape except for the left lip on the panel above the glove box where it is shrinking back and up slightly.

Anyway, BE/ & A stuff aint' cheap, they want $455 for this kit. It does seem very nice, are there any alternatives? I see yearone has some wood grain adhesive backed pieces, but I don't want to go there and I think that's all they've got.

Troy

The "grain" is molded into the bezels for a 69. Your only options are to try to find used or to buy the new repros from BE&A/PG Classics. Once you've checked the prices on the used stuff you won't think the repros are so expensive - especially if they need "restored" (new chrome, etc.). Good, uncut radio bezels were like the holy grail a few years ago.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

joflaig

That seems to be what I was thinking. Anyway, I can probably sell what I have to pay for part of a replacement.

Chatt69chgr

I just got the BE&A set delivered a couple of days ago.  They look pretty good.  The cost of having mine redone was virtually the same $$.  Plus, I still have my old set for a future project where I might not be as demanding on the looks as I am on this project.

joflaig

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 17, 2008, 01:20:42 PM
I just got the BE&A set delivered a couple of days ago.  They look pretty good.  The cost of having mine redone was virtually the same $$.  Plus, I still have my old set for a future project where I might not be as demanding on the looks as I am on this project.

Neat. And installing it was as easy as unscrewing the old set and screwing in the new?

Back N Black

I installed a set from B/E and i really like it. They fit good , just remove the old and install the new.

joflaig

That looks awesome! About how many man hours does it take to swap out the stock fascia with the repro?

Back N Black

Quote from: joflaig on February 22, 2008, 12:05:51 PM
That looks awesome! About how many man hours does it take to swap out the stock fascia with the repro?

My dash is already out of the car so it only takes about 20 min. Not sure how it would take with the dash installed. The piece that would be most difficult, is the one above the glove box door.

Chatt69chgr

I think you might have to remove the glove box to get to the screws that hold the piece on above the glove box door.  And you may end up destroying the glove box in the process.  Good thing they are only about $20.  Legendary has them and they have a sale going on right now.

joflaig

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 22, 2008, 02:18:32 PM
I think you might have to remove the glove box to get to the screws that hold the piece on above the glove box door.  And you may end up destroying the glove box in the process.  Good thing they are only about $20.  Legendary has them and they have a sale going on right now.

Hmm, even with this it still sounds to me like you could do the whole thing in under an hour, even if the dash is in your car.

dkn1997

the wood decal is a total joke.  it does not even come close to fitting.  you can totally see the old dash under it.  like it's too small.  I bought one a few years ago from the paddock and returned it right away.

RECHRGED