News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone see the 500 pre-race superbird doing laps ?

Started by moparstuart, February 18, 2008, 11:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Daytona 500 prerace laps' superbird. Is it anyone here's ? looked like a street car with magnetic #'s on it ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Yeap... It was cool... Seeing those 3 Petty Blue beasts..........Some lucky sod is glowing.. I'm sure that was a privately owned 'Bird since it was a street version with the vinyl top....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

I wasn't even paying attention to the pre-race garb, until my 4 year old son YELLED. "HEY DAD. THERE IS THE KINGS SUPERBIRD ON TV." I looked up half expecting to see old footage of the Daytona 500 or another vintage race, but was plesently suprised to see a street Superbird doing some laps.
Boy I've already wrecked my sons mind haven't I? I mean what 4 year old should know what a Superbird looks like? Or how to tell a Daytona from a Superbird?

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 18, 2008, 04:26:15 PM
I wasn't even paying attention to the pre-race garb, until my 4 year old son YELLED. "HEY DAD. THERE IS THE KINGS SUPERBIRD ON TV." I looked up half expecting to see old footage of the Daytona 500 or another vintage race, but was plesently suprised to see a street Superbird doing some laps.
Boy I've already wrecked my sons mind haven't I? I mean what 4 year old should know what a Superbird looks like? Or how to tell a Daytona from a Superbird?
2 out of 3 of my boy's could tell a daytona from a superbird at that age . My middle son is just not a car guy ?

69_500

Well he's been a bit of a brain washed child when it comes to the aero cars. Was picking up his hotwheels at the age of 2 and telling what cars were what. Have a video of him at 18 months old with about 20 different hot wheels, and he is picking up 1 at a time holding them to the camera and saying "Daytona" "Superbird" "Charger" "Charger 500" "Cuda" "GTX"

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 18, 2008, 04:52:10 PM
Well he's been a bit of a brain washed child when it comes to the aero cars. Was picking up his hotwheels at the age of 2 and telling what cars were what. Have a video of him at 18 months old with about 20 different hot wheels, and he is picking up 1 at a time holding them to the camera and saying "Daytona" "Superbird" "Charger" "Charger 500" "Cuda" "GTX"
we did that also except they where 1:18 th and 1 :24 th in my display cases

69_500

For some odd reason it doesn't put as big of a smile on my wifes face as it does mine and Grandpa's.  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 18, 2008, 05:17:20 PM
For some odd reason it doesn't put as big of a smile on my wifes face as it does mine and Grandpa's.  :icon_smile_big:
my wife could care less about car's.  I have to drag her kicking and screaming to car events , I bought her a charger this last year I'm building it for her.   We will see if it helps ?

69_500

I doubt it. My wife goes to quite a few shows locally with me, but she doesn't like the 3 day long shows that are out of state. She did like giong to Vegas with me 2 years ago though. She has yet to go to Carlisle, but she has been to the nationals, and the Monster Mopar meet with me a few times.

daytonalo

All of my friends that have young boys do not Even let them in garage . I asked my friend why , he said the last thing I want them to do is take the same path I did, I want them to have all that life can give , and without a College in this day and age you are nothing . I totally agree with him .

Larry

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on February 18, 2008, 06:28:08 PM
All of my friends that have young boys do not Even let them in garage . I asked my friend why , he said the last thing I want them to do is take the same path I did, I want them to have all that life can give , and without a College in this day and age you are nothing . I totally agree with him .

Larry
just because your kids love cars doesnt mean they have to go into the automotive buisness. My kid will have every opertunity to go to college. !  :Twocents:

69_500

I grew up around all of these cars and I went to college. Grew up thinking that everyone had at least 4 or 5 DAYTONA's in the back yard. Then went to college and majored in Physics. So what does hanging out in a garage have to do with not being around cars?