News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater box question

Started by 69 charger man, October 07, 2005, 06:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 charger man

well my 70 charger org. came with ac... and i was just planing to do an eng. swap, but decided i would replace the floors and shes all apart lol...   well my question is can i just buy a non ac heater box to replace my ac one, even though i still have the ac firewall or should i just put the old ac box in even though i do not have all of the ac line stuff....

thanks ray

morepower

As far as i know tey are totally different and you cant put it in there without firewall modifications
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

MichaelRW

I can't answer your specific question about the heater box swap but if you would like to have working A/C you can purchase factory air conversion kits from Classic Auto Air. These kits replace all the factory A/C hardware under the hood. The condensor is optional. I just ordered one of the kits for my 70 Charger R/T. The total cost for the kit with shipping was $583. The kit includes a new Sanden compressor all the other needed hardware and hoses. Their web address is www.classicautoair.com
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

ScottW

Back in the 80's I converted a 69 with air to non-air. I got the heater box out of a 70 Belvidere sedan. I had to fill up some holes on the firewall and I can't remember exactly, but I think I had to drill at least on mounting hole and one heater hole where I filled in a larger a/c hole. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more current experience.

Scott
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

69 charger man

allright cool... imm just going to keep/ restore my ac stuff under there since i have the dash apart.... it would be kinda cool having a bigblock charger with ac lol...
thanks ray

Chryco Psycho

the firewall & heater box are totally different , I would just use the AC heater box