News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on February 22, 2012, 08:14:40 PM
Quote from: 400/6/PAC on February 06, 2012, 06:14:54 PM
I created a DC.com fantasy nascar team if anyone wants to play.
It is a private group for DC.com members.
The group name is DC.com and the password is Mopar.
Just go to espn fantasy and join or pm Me Your email and I will send You an invite.
:bump:

Looks like it's just you & me.  Just as well, better having just you pissed at me than a whole bunch of members.   :insertsarcasm:

What's going on at .04.  When Montoya hits the jet dryer it erupts instantly but not during this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8FkedZlj0&feature=related

74-StreetMachine

What are the chances of hitting a jet dryer during the Daytona 500?

...JUAN in a million!   :nana:
Watch me turn beer into pee for $5.

Indygenerallee

I have a feeling after watching the races at Daytona that this year will be crash filled with the way these cars were revamped over the off season!!! I laughed my ass off when Montoya plowed into the Jet dryer!!! and yes the noob operating the forklift should never be allowed back on it again!! I was sitting there saying lift it higher dipshit!!! oh well we all can't be perfect!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

400/6/PAC

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 28, 2012, 09:21:02 AM
Quote from: 400/6/PAC on February 22, 2012, 08:14:40 PM
Quote from: 400/6/PAC on February 06, 2012, 06:14:54 PM
I created a DC.com fantasy nascar team if anyone wants to play.
It is a private group for DC.com members.
The group name is DC.com and the password is Mopar.
Just go to espn fantasy and join or pm Me Your email and I will send You an invite.
:bump:
I'll get You next week. LOL

Looks like it's just you & me.  Just as well, better having just you pissed at me than a whole bunch of members.   :insertsarcasm:

What's going on at .04.  When Montoya hits the jet dryer is erupts instantly but not during this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8FkedZlj0&feature=related

400/6/PAC

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 27, 2012, 11:26:04 PM
Can you believe the driver of that jet dryer pulled out in front of Montoya like that.
Where do they get these track workers?
I think they should make him pay for that race car.
The driver did not pull out in front of Montoya.
Montoya got sideways and hit the truck.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Daytona-500-Juan-Pablo-Montoya-crash-ignites-huge-fire-022712

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on February 28, 2012, 10:03:36 AM
Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 27, 2012, 11:26:04 PM
Can you believe the driver of that jet dryer pulled out in front of Montoya like that.
Where do they get these track workers?
I think they should make him pay for that race car.
The driver did not pull out in front of Montoya.
Montoya got sideways and hit the truck.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Daytona-500-Juan-Pablo-Montoya-crash-ignites-huge-fire-022712

Yeah, I don't know which race you were watching.  Something broke with Montoya's car causing him to lose control.  It's just it happened at the most inopportune time.

nvrbdn

i knida think steve was using a little sarcasm there. :shruggy: wild how that truck was just at the right spot to be involved and a miricle that juan wasnt hurt when his drivers side was engulfed in the explosion. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: Indygenerallee on February 28, 2012, 09:54:24 AM
and yes the noob operating the forklift should never be allowed back on it again!! I was sitting there saying lift it higher dipshit!!! oh well we all can't be perfect!!!  :icon_smile_big:

I have no experience operating a forklift whatsoever, but I would presume that perhaps given the high banking of the track lifting it any higher may have been unsafe.

As far as the race goes, I thought that the end was anti-climactic. Mr Non-Excitement just kinda pulled away and Biffle was too much of a pussy to make a move and put himself in position to win. Lame.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TruckDriver

Dodge Charger Pursuit to pace this weekend's Phoenix NASCAR races

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120228/CARNEWS/120229825

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400/6/PAC

A383Wing

I guess Montoya was still thinking of his only win at The Glen a few years ago....it's a road course...not sure why he was turning right at a left hand turn race track

Bryan   :D

TruckDriver

All I can say is........  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Big penalty sends Johnson into negative territory
Knaus, No. 48 car chief hit with six-race suspensions; will work through appeal

http://www.nascar.com/news/120229/jjohnson-cknaus-48-team-penalties/index.html?eref=/news/headlines/cup

NASCAR penalized Johnson 25 points for modifications to car body pieces that it deemed illegal Feb. 17 in opening inspection for the Daytona 500. In addition, crew chief Chad Knaus and car chief Ron Malec have each been suspended from the next six Sprint Cup events, and Knaus also was fined $100,000. Johnson's team, Hendrick Motorsports, immediately announced it would appeal the penalty, and planned no personnel modifications for Phoenix -- meaning that Knaus and Malec would work until the appeal is held.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

Hendrick is appealing claiming the car submitted is the same one raced at prior Daytona and Talladega races without alteration to the C pillars.   

nvrbdn

well, i could say alot of things like cheating has happened before with this team (cause i dont root for him) but i wont since im sure there are johnson fans here. i will just  :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Quote from: Aero426 on February 29, 2012, 05:33:00 PM
Hendrick is appealing claiming the car submitted is the same one raced at prior Daytona and Talladega races without alteration to the C pillars.   

Well, if that's tha case, I guess NASCAR missed it the last time, lol.
PETE

chargermike

now juan has hit everything on the track. but damm what a cool crash. loved it.  my question to PONCH is how come mexicans fix everthing with bailing wire. glad that montoya was not hurt. he is a very nice guy.  this is why i love NASCAR. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

grdprx

-23 points!!!  LMAO !!  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

A383Wing

Quote from: grdprx on February 29, 2012, 09:51:37 PM
-23 points!!!  LMAO !!  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

yea..no kiddin'

chargerboy69

While not a 48 fan, I do not dislike the guy either.  I do find it strange they have run this car before and NASCAR found nothing wrong with it.  I am not really sure if NASCAR is correct in their decision about this.  My guess would be there is more to the story then they are releasing at this point.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 01, 2012, 08:14:13 AM
news anchor gets slapped on the hand for making a "B WORD" comment.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/san-diego-anchor-suspended-for-danica-patrick-comment-022912
Wonder what Danica said to cause the Anchor to call Her the B word.

nvrbdn

she asked if they couldnt find a different word to use to describe female athletes other than "sexy" to a different interviewer and this guy says i can think of a word that starts with b and it isnt beautiful.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 01, 2012, 09:28:54 AM
she asked if they couldnt find a different word to use to describe female athletes other than "sexy" to a different interviewer and this guy says i can think of a word that starts with b and it isnt beautiful.
Oh I read that, Guess I didn't put it togather.

Aero426

Penske to switch to Ford for 2013. 

TruckDriver

Quote from: Aero426 on March 01, 2012, 10:33:55 AM
Penske to switch to Ford for 2013. 

I read that too. Gotta wonder then, if Dodge will pull out of the Cup series as they are the only full time team running Dodges now.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
PETE