News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

Kurt may never get another sponsor now, Not that He had a chance this Year anyway.
He should have played this Year by the books and maybe next year he could have got sponsored.
Did Kurt and Kyle trade attitude. :scratchchin:
Use to be the opposite

Indygenerallee

I personally liked the days when the guys had a hard edge and if they had a beef they got out of the cars and traded punches, too many gel haired PC folks in Nascar just like them not allowing Bubba Watson to pace the race in Arizona I believe because the General Lee had a confederate flag!!  :smilielol: :lol: Nascar quit being Nascar when Dale Sr. died.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

on top of everything else said, newman didnt lock it up and hit kurt. he checked up and was hit from behind which spun him out. kurt was driving a car that was out of control. he hit almost every foot of the wall over 2 laps before spinning out. when your on ice scates and arent going to win, why the heck wouldnt you hit the pits and get tires and adjustments? not kurt. need to ban him and get him some help.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on May 13, 2012, 06:42:39 PM
Kurt may never get another sponsor now, Not that He had a chance this Year anyway.
He should have played this Year by the books and maybe next year he could have got sponsored.
Did Kurt and Kyle trade attitude. :scratchchin:
Use to be the opposite

So sad, he was such a good driver & went to hell in a hand basket, got too big of a head... Yes the brothers swap personalities, I think...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Aero426

Indygenerallee

Maybe Kurt should have got out of his car and ran around the track screaming and flailing around "Im on FIRE!" might have helped a little with his frustration, The guy had a bad day and I would have too after his finish at Talledega and then the other night, and with not having a sponsor I would say it culmulated into one big blow up, does that mean ban him forever?? No, he is just showing he is human hell Tony Stewart used to get physical with reporters! he finally found his happy place and does not stir the pot anymore, Bad day, bad week, bad year? I have had one of each! We all have our temper tantrums.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Aero426

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 16, 2012, 12:08:49 AM
Maybe Kurt should have got out of his car and ran around the track screaming and flailing around "Im on FIRE!" might have helped a little with his frustration, The guy had a bad day and I would have too after his finish at Talledega and then the other night, and with not having a sponsor I would say it culmulated into one big blow up, does that mean ban him forever?? No, he is just showing he is human hell Tony Stewart used to get physical with reporters! he finally found his happy place and does not stir the pot anymore, Bad day, bad week, bad year? I have had one of each! We all have our temper tantrums.

Are you kidding me?    Kurt is on his way to banning himself.   He has become almost untouchable for a major sponsor.   

nvrbdn

being mad at what happened on the track to his car is one thing. the smoky burnout in his pit and running through someone elses pit doing your burnout is just plain insane. a controled temper tantrum is one thing. he has no control over his anger. what if during his smoky burnout he ran over a crew member? spun out going through someones pit and hit a couple people? a nascar official stays in the pit box while the team sweeps their pit area. so i guess one of them was almost hit also. time to quit slapping his hand and bust his a$$. sit him down for the year and get him some anger management. he can drive, but right now he is out of control.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 16, 2012, 09:18:44 AM
being mad at what happened on the track to his car is one thing. the smoky burnout in his pit and running through someone elses pit doing your burnout is just plain insane. a controled temper tantrum is one thing. he has no control over his anger. what if during his smoky burnout he ran over a crew member? spun out going through someones pit and hit a couple people? a nascar official stays in the pit box while the team sweeps their pit area. so i guess one of them was almost hit also. time to quit slapping his hand and bust his a$$. sit him down for the year and get him some anger management. he can drive, but right now he is out of control.

I agree, they guy needs to be parked for a year.  It is not like this is a one time deal, he has been acting like this his entire career.

NASCAR needs to quit screwing around with Kurt and actually take a stand.  This latest incident got him probation for 2 months and a $50,000.00 fine.  Are you f-ing kidding me? He is on probation every other week, it is time to take the guy out behind the woodshed.

Lack of sponsorship will end Kurts career before NASCAR will finally have the guts to punish him.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Chargen69

the new Jeremy...  did it to himself

TruckDriver

What I can't understand, with his little boy temper and attitude, how the hell does he find these women that like him :/ No money is worth that attitude :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 16, 2012, 02:13:16 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on May 16, 2012, 09:18:44 AM

I agree, they guy needs to be parked for a year.  It is not like this is a one time deal, he has been acting like this his entire career.

NASCAR needs to quit screwing around with Kurt and actually take a stand.  This latest incident got him probation for 2 months and a $50,000.00 fine.  Are you f-ing kidding me? He is on probation every other week, it is time to take the guy out behind the woodshed.

Lack of sponsorship will end Kurts career before NASCAR will finally have the guts to punish him.

are you guys serious? "He needs to be parked for a year" "He should be banned" "Phoenix oughtta fire him". GTFO. All you guys do is complain how drivers are all lame and vanilla nowadays. As boring as this season has been, I'm liking Kurt even more in a "I wanna see what kinda shit he pulls next" kinda way.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ChgrSteve67

Bring on the chicks!

There is a cat fight in turn 4......

nvrbdn

yep ponch, lets let him keep running angry. inflicting his feelings on whoever is around him. right up to the point where he flips out and t bones someone in the drivers door cuz hes P.O.'D. how can nascar allow anyone to drive through another crews pit area doing a burnout and then ram that drivers car after the race and not be casterated? i have to say though, i will be rooting for kurt in his next race also. rooting that he meets the wall early in the race. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Chevrolet to debut rear-wheel-drive SS next year

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chevrolet-debut-rear-wheel-drive-214451890--nascar.html

"DETROIT (AP) For the first time in nearly two decades, the Chevrolet brand will have a big, rear-wheel-drive sedan in its U.S. lineup.

General Motors Co. said Thursday that the 2014 Chevrolet SS will go on sale in limited numbers late next year. The V8-powered SS is a version of the Holden VF Commodore, a rear-wheel-drive sedan sold in Australia. It will be made in Australia.

The new SS will also be Chevrolet's NASCAR Sprint Cup contender, replacing the Impala. It will debut in its race configuration at the 2013 Daytona 500.

GM issued a photo of a camouflaged SS on a test track, but otherwise released few details.

The SS won't be Chevy's only rear-wheel-drive vehicle. The Chevrolet Camaro is also rear-wheel-drive, but it's a two-door coupe powered by a V6 engine. And the Corvette is a V8-powered rear-wheel-drive sports car, but it doesn't have the space of a four-door sedan.

GM spokesman Monte Doran said enthusiasts have been clamoring for a rear-wheel-drive sedan since GM discontinued the Chevrolet Caprice and Impala SS sedans in 1996. Performance enthusiasts prefer rear-wheel-drive cars because they accelerate faster and handle better.

The timing is awkward for a V8-powered gas guzzler, with gas prices high and fuel economy standards rising. But Doran stressed that the SS won't hurt Chevrolet's overall fuel economy because it will be sold in very small numbers to a core group of enthusiasts.

''This is by no means a mainstream car,'' he said.

SS is short for Super Sport. The designation has a long history within the Chevrolet brand. It first appeared in 1957 on a Corvette prototype race car, and was first offered as an option on a standard production sedan with the 1961 Impala. The latest SS model in Chevy's lineup is the fifth-generation Camaro, which debuted in 2010.

"
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargerboy69

Wow, and now I know why Ryan has not re-signed with Tony.  I don't know if I would move, Stewart has a good, solid team with Hendrick goodies.  Plus, being team mates with Kurt again, no thanks.  Good luck finding a sponsor for Kurt if this deal happened.  Kennseth is running without sponsorship, so why would any company put their money towards Kurts temper and spoiled brat attitude.

Andretti to NASCAR...with Dodge? UPDATE: Multiple sources have told FOXSports.com that one of the latest candidates for Dodge Motorsports could be Michael Andretti, owner of Andretti Autosport. With Roger Penske's departure from Dodge at the end of the 2012 season, the door is open for new organizations to enter the fold. In addition to Andretti, Richard Petty Motorsports and Furniture Row Racing are the top contenders to field Dodges in 2013. An announcement regarding Dodge's lineup, as well as its engine building plans, could come as early as the weekend of the NASCAR races at Michigan, June 15-17. Andretti currently fields three full-time teams in the IndyCar Series with drivers Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe. It is unlikely that Andretti would use open-wheel talent for a NASCAR venture. Two names mentioned as possibilities to drive for the team are Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch, both of whom have established relationships with Dodge.(FoxSports)(5-18-2012)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

WOW! I didnt know Ryan has not re-signed with Tony yet.
PETE

chargerboy69

Yep, Tonys trying to get the deal done, but. . . .   They are best friends off the track so I can not really see Ryan leaving unless sponsorship becomes a issue.  Rumor has it all military sponsorship may be pulled after the 2012 season due to budget cuts.

Stewart hopes to re-sign Newman: #14-Tony Stewart would like Stewart-Haas Racing to have three full-time teams in 2013, but has not yet signed driver #39-Ryan Newman to a new deal. Newman agreed to drive for the team when Stewart became co-owner starting with the 2009 season. Newman is not yet signed for 2013. Danica Patrick is expected to drive for the team full time next season in the #10 GoDaddy.com Chevy after a 10-race Cup schedule this year. "I want him back next year," Stewart said Tuesday. "Obviously we're working on sponsorship to make sure we have got the funding to keep that going. Ryan and I are on the same page. He knows what we're trying to do and I have every intention of keeping him for next year."(Sporting News and PRN's Garage Pass)(5-17-2012)

--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 16, 2012, 07:45:16 PM
i have to say though, i will be rooting for kurt in his next race also. rooting that he meets the wall early in the race. :2thumbs:

so youre saying it's going to add to the excitement?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Budnicks

Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 18, 2012, 03:36:59 PM
Wow, and now I know why Ryan has not re-signed with Tony.  I don't know if I would move, Stewart has a good, solid team with Hendrick goodies.  Plus, being team mates with Kurt again, no thanks.  Good luck finding a sponsor for Kurt if this deal happened.  Kennseth is running without sponsorship, so why would any company put their money towards Kurts temper and spoiled brat attitude.

Andretti to NASCAR...with Dodge? UPDATE: Multiple sources have told FOXSports.com that one of the latest candidates for Dodge Motorsports could be Michael Andretti, owner of Andretti Autosport. With Roger Penske's departure from Dodge at the end of the 2012 season, the door is open for new organizations to enter the fold. In addition to Andretti, Richard Petty Motorsports and Furniture Row Racing are the top contenders to field Dodges in 2013. An announcement regarding Dodge's lineup, as well as its engine building plans, could come as early as the weekend of the NASCAR races at Michigan, June 15-17. Andretti currently fields three full-time teams in the IndyCar Series with drivers Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe. It is unlikely that Andretti would use open-wheel talent for a NASCAR venture. Two names mentioned as possibilities to drive for the team are Ryan Newman and Kurt Busch, both of whom have established relationships with Dodge.(FoxSports)(5-18-2012)
That's great news
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 18, 2012, 04:26:30 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on May 16, 2012, 07:45:16 PM
i have to say though, i will be rooting for kurt in his next race also. rooting that he meets the wall early in the race. :2thumbs:

so youre saying it's going to add to the excitement?

ha ha yea, your right. i used to love hateing dale sr. and when he died, it took something away. i guess we all need someone to root against. i thought i had that taken care of with jimmy j.,jeff g., and little e. but i can add another name to the list. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

NHCharger

Got home today in time to watch (and sleep thru) the last 33 laps. Stands looked half empty or worse. How soon before NASCAR starts cutting back races at tracks that have poor attendance.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

A383Wing

yea..no kidding.....I fell asleep as well.....all 3 races at that track were boring this weekend

Bryan

hatersaurusrex

NASCAR has been boring since it stopped being a Southern good ole boy sport without restrictor plates.   I haven't watched more than 2 races since DW retired.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

chargerboy69

Quote from: NHCharger on June 03, 2012, 08:57:03 PM
Got home today in time to watch (and sleep thru) the last 33 laps. Stands looked half empty or worse. How soon before NASCAR starts cutting back races at tracks that have poor attendance.

I paused the race a few times to look at the empty stands.  On sections of stands, they had huge sponsorship banners covering the seats.  If not for those banners, the crowd would have looked even thinner.

A couple friends I have who attend roughly eight races a year, they have cut back to around two this year.  For them, they said it is not because of "bad racing", but higher prices for tickets and from the tracks.  Both guys will take their motorhomes and camp for a few days, and they told me camping prices have gone through the roof over the last couple years. Ticket prices have also gone up, not to mention $4.00 a gallon gas to get you there.

--Gerald Ford