News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 04, 2012, 07:49:52 AM
Ticket prices have also gone up, not to mention $4.00 a gallon gas to get you there.

Two years ago my Dad and I went to the Nationwide race on Saturday at NHIS. Tics were $50.00 each. They were selling tics for the cup race for $49.00 to try and get a sellout. Eight years ago my friend was selling cup tics for double or triple the face value and there was a waiting list for tics to the cup races. Oh how times have changed.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mytur Binsdirti

Nascar today does nothing for me. Personally, I'd rather watch one of these races:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m7T0H0t5t8&feature=relmfu

At least you can tell the brands of car you're rooting for rather than a generic melted soap bar with decals.

chargerboy69

Have a seat Kurt.  :2thumbs:

UPDATE: NASCAR has suspended driver Kurt Busch until June 13 of this year and extended his NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for his actions following the NASCAR Nationwide Series race June 2 at Dover International Speedway. Kurt Busch violated Section 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing; violation of probation; verbal abuse to a media member) of the 2012 NASCAR Rule Book. Kurt Busch had previously been placed on NASCAR probation May 15 for his actions during the May 12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Darlington Raceway. That probation was originally scheduled to end July 25 but has now been extended through the end of this year.(NASCAR)(6-4-2012)
Statement from Busch: "I accept NASCAR's decision. I put them in a box, they had to take action and it's my fault for putting them in this position. I apologize for the comments I made to Bob Pockrass."(True Speed Communications)(6-4-2012)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

first time I heard this, lol.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargerboy69

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 04, 2012, 06:49:01 PM

Yep, went ballistic on a Speed reporter after the Nationwide race.  Thats a no, no when on probation.

Obviously the guy has not learned anything yet and his team can not find a company to sponsor him.  I am guessing it will not be long before he loses his ride.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

400/6/PAC

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 04, 2012, 07:12:05 PM

Yep, went ballistic on a Speed reporter after the Nationwide race.  Thats a no, no when on probation.

Obviously the guy has not learned anything yet and his team can not find a company to sponsor him.  I am guessing it will not be long before he loses his ride.
Kurt's really digging a deep hole.
Makes Me wonder if His career is on the line.
If He keeps up these outburst He will never get sponsored.

General_01

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on June 04, 2012, 07:51:36 PM

Kurt's really digging a deep hole.
Makes Me wonder if His career is on the line.
If He keeps up these outburst He will never get sponsored.

The great thing is that after this year no one will hire him and he will say that NASCAR blackballed him because of how great a driver he is.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

chargerboy69

ESPN reporting this, looks like Kurt may be losing his ride. NASCAR is not about just getting behind the wheel and driving anymore, you have to be the smiling spokes-person for your sponsor too.

"Phoenix Racing owner James Finch isn't so sure the driver will return immediately after serving the suspension, saying he will sit down with Busch over the next couple of days to see if they will move forward together.

"If he's going to kill himself I'm not going to be in the airplane with him," Finch told ESPN.com by phone. "If that's what he's planning on doing, I am going to get out."

Finch said he was in the process of looking for a driver to replace Busch for Pocono and possibly beyond. Among the candidates he mentioned were Brian Vickers and David Reutimann, although Reutimann was scheduled to drive the No. 10 for Tommy Baldwin Racing this weekend."

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8008870/nascar-suspends-kurt-busch-pocono-weekend

--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

wow, you talk about a driver with talent that cant keep himself under control.the guy is a lose cannon. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

I'm not a real big Kurt fan, but he's being chastised for just speaking his mind... What can't a driver have an outburst or an opinion any longer ??... Are they all suppose to be robots & gutless wonders, with no opinion & thoughts of there own... Nascar is taking his livelihood away, be it right or wrong, he is the poster child for this stuff now... I saw this stuff about Kurt on Wind Tunnel some if not all of the commentators Dave Despain & some Indy guy, Tommy Kendell & Paul Tracey both racers or ex-racers, on there thought he brought million's of dollars of free exposer to his ride, did not drive it away, at all, the old adage is any sponsor exposer is good, as long as it's not racist or derogatory or something along those lines, or to offend the main stream, it's good for the sponsors & sport to get exposer, even if it's not the best type like bashing a annoying weaselly track side reporter, that was obviously trying to provoke him into saying something stupid, like he did, they didn't have to even run that clip, it was a non-story in my mind... The Media & Nascar want everyone to be freaken robots, if Dale Sr. did that it would be just fine, Kurt is the latest whipping post for Nascar, it's turning into politically correct B.S., it's nolonger even Nascar... Again I'm not the biggest Kurt fan but Nascar is way over the top on this stuff...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Chargen69

i dont think nascar is taking it away from him.  fact is he's been fired from two major race teams so far and about to be fired from another because he is an A$$ to his team and everybody around him.

Budnicks

Quote from: Chargen69 on June 05, 2012, 01:17:20 PM
i dont think nascar is taking it away from him.  fact is he's been fired from two major race teams so far and about to be fired from another because he is an A$$ to his team and everybody around him.
Opinions will vary... I agree he's an idiot, but he's not the only A$$ out there, it's being blown way out of proportion by Nascar, ultimately costing him a ride {his own doing}, it's why I think he is lashing out, I'm not defending the guy at all {well kind of}, but is that really a good reason to ban the guy or sit him down, because he said some thing stupid to a media reporter, not an Nascar official or Fox or Speed annalist or something, just a no-name media guy, how is that detrimental to Nascar... It should have been a non-story, way too much politically correct BS in racing now...

Chargen69

Hey you know it must be genetic,  Kyle is well, you know...  but he has controlled himself pretty well after that suspension last year.

Budnicks

Quote from: Chargen69 on June 05, 2012, 02:07:53 PM
Hey you know it must be genetic,  Kyle is well, you know...  but he has controlled himself pretty well after that suspension last year.
Yep I'm amazed he's {Kyle} been as good as he has been, It's hard to be a competitive person & hold your tounge, I am a perfect example of that.... Maybe becoming a team owner made him see the light or bigger pitcher...LOL...

nvrbdn

your right in 1 spot, if it would have been one of the favorites, this never would have made it anywhere. or if it got out, the reporter would have been scolded.  i believe they protect their prime drivers. kurts problem goes farther. i dont care if a driver gets mad and screams. but when you actually get so mad you kinda lose control of your factors and drive through a manned pit box doing a burn out because of anger i have to draw the line. i think there should be a cooling off period before a reporter can grab a guy who came off the track due to a mishap.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 05, 2012, 02:23:04 PM
your right in 1 spot, if it would have been one of the favorites, this never would have made it anywhere. or if it got out, the reporter would have been scolded.  i believe they protect their prime drivers. kurts problem goes farther. i dont care if a driver gets mad and screams. but when you actually get so mad you kinda lose control of your factors and drive through a manned pit box doing a burn out because of anger i have to draw the line. i think there should be a cooling off period before a reporter can grab a guy who came off the track due to a mishap.
That last sentence should be common sense to Nascar, you would think  :brickwall: , they want the drama, but only "just on their terms", HAVE AT IT BOYS, remember that phrase... But all means, don't speak you mind or do something stupid, because of the anger caused out on the racing surface, go ahead & wreck all the cars, jeopardize all the lives at 200mph out on the track, but don't say something stupid or do something stupid in the pits or after the race....

Chargen69

Quote from: Chargen69 on June 05, 2012, 02:07:53 PM
Hey you know it must be genetic,  Kyle is well, you know...  but he has controlled himself pretty well after that suspension last year.

of course kyle's racing has sucked since then too

chargerboy69

your right in 1 spot, if it would have been one of the favorites, this never would have made it anywhere.

Thats right.

After the last race Jeff Gordon made the comment about one of NASCARS infamous debris cautions. Nothing said about that from NASCAR.

--Gerald Ford

400/6/PAC

I agree, A cool off period might help a lot.
I'm not bashing on Kurt, He use to be My favorite driver but after last Year I kinda lost respect for Him.
I'm afraid that if He can't get it to gather soon He will be out.
He is a top driver and I hope things work out for Him. Having said that, Hi's little pit stunt was uncalled for and He should be punished for that.

A383Wing

Junior badmouths plate racing on TV all the time...nothing comes of that either....

Bryan

472 R/T SE

Just some more organized chaos.  NASCAR's just too damn political for me to follow anymore.  I keep track of my fantasy team & that's about it.  Years ago I dreamed of going to the Daytona 500 but now it's meh, down @ the bottom of the bucket list.

Are you gonna let them race & show their personalities or was that just lip service?  What's it gonna be?  If you poke a bear with a stick enough times, sooner or later he's gonna get pissed.  WTH do you expect when reporters' confront drivers' right after they've piled up a high dollar piece of equipment?!!  I didn't see the incident but the reporter got what he deserved.  :Twocents:
Imo, it's pure stupidity on the networks part.  :eyes:   :Twocents:

Rowdy's gonna have to start a Cup team for his brother.   ;)

Budnicks

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 06, 2012, 05:07:50 PM
Just some more organized chaos.  NASCAR's just too damn political for me to follow anymore.  I keep track of my fantasy team & that's about it.  Years ago I dreamed of going to the Daytona 500 but now it's meh, down @ the bottom of the bucket list.

Are you gonna let them race & show their personalities or was that just lip service?  What's it gonna be?  If you poke a bear with a stick enough times, sooner or later he's gonna get pissed.  WTH do you expect when reporters' confront drivers' right after they've piled up a high dollar piece of equipment?!!  I didn't see the incident but the reporter got what he deserved.  :Twocents:
Imo, it's pure stupidity on the networks part.  :eyes:   :Twocents:

Rowdy's gonna have to start a Cup team for his brother.   ;)
Well said  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

maybe they should get prozac to sponcer him and give him some freebees too    :icon_smile_big: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chargen69

Quote from: moparstuart on June 07, 2012, 01:40:19 PM

maybe they should get prozac to sponcer him and give him some freebees too    :icon_smile_big: 

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that aint actually a bad idea for for the sport, new line of sponsors in NASCAR   :icon_smile_big:

wingcar

After having listened to the Kurt story for a while I have come to the following concision....and of course it's just my opinion for what's its worth:

First off Kurt is a very good driver or he wouldn't be competing in the top tier of NASCAR, and he wouldn't have been (key word being been, not presently) employed by two of the biggest teams in the past.  He is a Championship driver, which means he should know by now how the "game" is played.  It also means he should know how to be both a professional driver and representative of the sport.   He knows what NASCAR will and will not tolerate in the way of behavior from its driver.  
It's hard to believe that someone would risk throwing away a job that other's would kill for, but that's just what he's doing when he opens his mouth.  And, I don't buy the excise that he's just competitive and passionate about racing as it goes way beyond that or all the drivers would act as he does.   He has a problem showing others the respect they deserve...it goes both ways.  Sure a driver may be upset with something that happens on the track, but knowing what to say and how to say it....and perhaps even more important what not to say is all part of being a "professional" driver.  Everyone has emotions, it's a fact of life, but if Kurt has such a problem with controlling his, he needs to go to the trailer and cool off for a few minutes before opening his mouth.  (I know NASCAR wants drivers to be available to reporters after something happens on the track....but in Kurt's case it would be a lot better to face NASCAR for something he didn't do, rather for what he has done.)  
I will not judge Kurt and I do wish him well, hoping that he can get past his demons.  But he's got to know that he is running out of options if he truly wants to stay in NASCAR (and auto racing for that matter).  The fact that he got a third opportunity is purely because he's a past champion.  If he blows this chance there may not be a fourth out there for him.  He needs to look no farther than his own brother to see what he needs to do.

Kurt needs to be more than just an "Good" driver.....he needs to be a "Professional" driver.      
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400