News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 13, 2012, 11:54:36 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on August 09, 2012, 08:14:26 PM
MoPar or NO CAR says it all!!         

What irks me is seeing a WW2 war veteran driving a Toyota. He was willing to die for his country, but now is killing it by sending his $$$ overseas.
Now that, I don't get at all... 

this stuff again? please...

Buy a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford, and youre sending your money to Canada and Mexico.

I agree with the guy.  I do not feel like buying a Toyota that is made in Indiana or wherever and watching the profits go to Osaka.  Also, I do not like the idea that foreign companies own us all while we are talking about how superior the cupholders are on foreign vehicles.

A foreign car built in the U.S. is still foreign.  I would much rather see my money go to Canada and Mexico and have the profits stay here.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Ghoste

At least in Canada they actually buy cars built by GM, Ford and Chrysler, how many Chargers, Challengers and Caravans do you think are roaming the streets of Tokyo?  I guess if having the cars built in Canada is so terrible then maybe they shouldn't be sold here either?

odcics2

The logo on the front is where the profits go.     And where that company is based is where the majority of that money will get spent. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

nvrbdn

regardless of everything else, nascar is getting me to sour. i have been a rock solid fan for as long as i can remember. and still was until now. im losing interest this year real heavily. i wont watch a race without it being prerecorded so i dont waste my entire day. i fast forward until i see one of my fav's on the screen or a yellow light in the corner of the screen. then i watch those moments. even after the race was over last week and sports center was recapping, their interviews were with the three. yep jimmie, jeffrey,and junior. only one was in the top 10 at the end, but it doesnt matter what anyone else has to say, they want to here from these three. blah blah blah. im just about done with it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 15, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
regardless of everything else, nascar is getting me to sour. i have been a rock solid fan for as long as i can remember. and still was until now. im losing interest this year real heavily. i wont watch a race without it being prerecorded so i dont waste my entire day. i fast forward until i see one of my fav's on the screen or a yellow light in the corner of the screen. then i watch those moments. even after the race was over last week and sports center was recapping, their interviews were with the three. yep jimmie, jeffrey,and junior. only one was in the top 10 at the end, but it doesnt matter what anyone else has to say, they want to here from these three. blah blah blah. im just about done with it.

Sounds like your complaint should be directed at ESPN, not NASCAR. 

nvrbdn

well, partly true. but through the race coverage its the same thing. gordon can be in 25th place and they will follow his car for 6 laps while recapping his entire life. if these guys are in the lead they stick with them. but you get a guy like vickers in the lead and they will focus on whereever one of the three is. every race they have programed into the announcers heads to pick these guys as the probable to win the race. after a race this year they showed a couple seconds of a burnout by the winner, went to gordon who finished 12th and asked what happend to him. then went to the winners circle for a minute to celebrate. after that they talked to the second place finisher. then off to jr who finished 32nd. what about 3rd 4th and 5th? thats a big complaint i have. espn for 1 and the network carrier of the race all believe that since they have the most fans, thats who we should hear from.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 15, 2012, 05:22:16 PM
well, partly true. but through the race coverage its the same thing. gordon can be in 25th place and they will follow his car for 6 laps while recapping his entire life. if these guys are in the lead they stick with them. but you get a guy like vickers in the lead and they will focus on whereever one of the three is. every race they have programed into the announcers heads to pick these guys as the probable to win the race. after a race this year they showed a couple seconds of a burnout by the winner, went to gordon who finished 12th and asked what happend to him. then went to the winners circle for a minute to celebrate. after that they talked to the second place finisher. then off to jr who finished 32nd. what about 3rd 4th and 5th? thats a big complaint i have. espn for 1 and the network carrier of the race all believe that since they have the most fans, thats who we should hear from.

And I think you just answered your own question/complaint.   :shruggy:

Chargen69

the only way to watch the races on tv now a days, is to DVR it and let the thing get 90 minutes ahead of you, then skip the commercials :cheers:

A383Wing

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 15, 2012, 08:40:47 PM
the only way to watch the races on tv now a days, is to DVR it and let the thing get 90 minutes ahead of you, then skip the commercials :cheers:

yup...exactly what we do

Bryan

Aero426

The link below is an interesting blog devoted to NASCAR TV coverage and the critique thereof.   The author formerly worked for ESPN.    Many people are frustrated with the way the various networks handle things during the telecast.    ESPN has a particular format of trying to "make TV" rather than just covering the race.    

http://www.dalyplanet.blogspot.com/

nvrbdn

that was alot of good reading with tons of different views on the comment side. i guess the race was seen different by each individual.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

I usually find those ones to be the most interesing though, don't you?

Ponch ®

Haha...this guys nails it right on the head. I bought this game when it first came out and remember wanting my money back (NASCAR related)

http://jalopnik.com/5935096/this-is-the-best-rant-about-an-8+bit-racing-game-ever

Warning: language not NSFW
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

A383Wing

Quote from: NHCharger on August 20, 2012, 09:22:09 PM
Scary wreck for Martin yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxSxf6fpCHI

yea..I bet they put water barrels in front of all pit lane open barriers from now on

Bryan

TruckDriver

or they taper the walls inward. Another few feet, that would of been ugly
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

when we seen that hit, we were amazed that he wasnt hurt. a couple feet forward, no more mark. that has to be discussed.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: Aero426 on August 15, 2012, 11:05:34 PM
Many people are frustrated with the way the various networks handle things during the telecast.    ESPN has a particular format of trying to "make TV" rather than just covering the race.    

:scratchchin:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Quote from: A383Wing on August 15, 2012, 11:03:15 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on August 15, 2012, 08:40:47 PM

yup...exactly what we do

Bryan

Best invention ever made I have cut my tv time in half if not more by doing this. I have even cought myself skipping ahead during some of the races latly  :slap: it just dosent hold the same excitement it use to.

Chargen69

400/6/PAC

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 21, 2012, 07:32:10 AM
when we seen that hit, we were amazed that he wasnt hurt. a couple feet forward, no more mark. that has to be discussed.
[/quote
:iagree:
That could have been a lot worse then it was.

nvrbdn

bristol baby. i will watch this one. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

NHCharger

Apparently Hendricks has found another way to cheat legally. Brad K had been bitching about a modified axle in the Henricks car. NASCAR found that they have modified the axle to turn slightly to follow the front wheels. This gives them much more speed in the corners. After inspecting this NASCAR proclaimed it was legal since other teams were starting to do this ::)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

moparstuart

Quote from: NHCharger on August 26, 2012, 07:57:00 AM
Apparently Hendricks has found another way to cheat legally. Brad K had been bitching about a modified axle in the Henricks car. NASCAR found that they have modified the axle to turn slightly to follow the front wheels. This gives them much more speed in the corners. After inspecting this NASCAR proclaimed it was legal since other teams were starting to do this ::)

what a crock  :rotz:   keep letting them get away withthis crap
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE