News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

another sad event. oh well, there may be some excitement. tony will be out to enjoy a hunting season. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2012, 08:05:25 AM
Quote from: NHCharger on August 26, 2012, 07:57:00 AM
Apparently Hendricks has found another way to cheat legally. Brad K had been bitching about a modified axle in the Henricks car. NASCAR found that they have modified the axle to turn slightly to follow the front wheels. This gives them much more speed in the corners. After inspecting this NASCAR proclaimed it was legal since other teams were starting to do this ::)

what a crock  :rotz:   keep letting them get away withthis crap

Amen to that, Pensky or Roush couldn't get away with that type crap, like the Hendricks teams does, remember the B-Pillar &/or C-pillar incident earlier, how long were they able to run the car before they were told to correct the problems... They {NASCAR} seem to want Chevy, Jr., Jimmy or Jeff to win the Championship or something, but still a Toyota is Leading even with all the cheating going on in the Hendricks camp, go figure, maybe they are cheating even more...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

cdr

the best cheater that dont get caught usually wins 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparstuart

Quote from: cdr on August 26, 2012, 06:26:21 PM
the sad thing is they get caught over and over but only get fined and no points taken away , or thye give the points back a few weeks later after it has all blown over .  bunch of BS
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

It's like a reality show on wheels.

Budnicks

:2thumbs: If you ain't cheaten, you ain't trying...LOL...  :nana: Creative Rules Interpretations  :brickwall:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Budnicks on August 28, 2012, 01:21:55 PM
:2thumbs: If you ain't cheaten, you ain't trying...LOL...  :nana: Creative Rules Interpretations  :brickwall:

I hate to sound like a broken record...but please! The Petty's cheated, Smokey Yunick cheated, EVERYBODY cheated..and yet you "NASCAR sucks now" guys speak oh so fondly of those good old days and even revere those guys for outsmarting "the man". Get over it already.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I"m likely missing it somewhere but I don't remember anyone saying they never cheated when NASCAR was good.

nvrbdn

one thing people actually enjoyed about vintage nascar was the variety of cars. unmistakeable body styles. you knew what you were looking at. plymouth, dodge, ford, buick. you knew what the car was. today every car has the same shape, same wing, angle of wing. just the paint job tells you what its supposed to be. they arent selling cars any more, they are selling products and celebrities. thats why nascar sucks now. yep, every body tries to get an edge. but if you are not at the top of the fan base, (michael waltrip racing) you will pay. if you own the spotlight, (hendrick motor sports) nascar is afraid to punish you because it could cause a stir and lose money. the hendrick fans are happy with the decisions.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 28, 2012, 05:08:09 PM

I hate to sound like a broken record...but please! The Petty's cheated, Smokey Yunick cheated, EVERYBODY cheated..and yet you "NASCAR sucks now" guys speak oh so fondly of those good old days and even revere those guys for outsmarting "the man". Get over it already.
WTF

Ponch ®

Quote from: Budnicks on August 29, 2012, 12:04:59 PM

WTF

my bad dude...that comment wasn't directly at you, it was actually agreeing with you.

I just don't get why people get their panties in a bunch over this. Hendrick getting away with it now is no different than Petty getting away with it in the 60s-70s. Cheating is part of the sport.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I don't anyone would dispute that though.  I think its only a big deal now because its current.  Talking about Hendricks cheating now is as intersting as talking about the who won the last race.  Talking about Petty cheating in 69 (he had to btw, he was driving a Ford that year) is about as interesting as talking about who won Riverside that year.

Budnicks

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 29, 2012, 12:20:16 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on August 29, 2012, 12:04:59 PM

WTF

my bad dude...that comment wasn't directly at you, it was actually agreeing with you.

I just don't get why people get their panties in a bunch over this. Hendrick getting away with it now is no different than Petty getting away with it in the 60s-70s. Cheating is part of the sport.
That's kind of what I thought  :brickwall: ...  :2thumbs: thanks for the clarification

Aero426

Butch Hartman's '72 USAC car was a little cheated up.   USAC was somewhat lax on enforcing sheet metal.  This is from Pocono, 72.   Good looking car, and bad fast too.

Ghoste

But then again, if that "lax-ness" was applied across the board, is it still cheating?

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on August 30, 2012, 05:24:55 PM
But then again, if that "lax-ness" was applied across the board, is it still cheating?

I can't recall anyone else with a windshield laid back that far.    Maybe Junior Johnson's Yellow Banana.  

nvrbdn

if this dont beat it all, johnson causes a wreck by driving up the track into hornish jr. and these idiots say newman shouldnt have been on the outside causing the wreck. newman didnt do anything wrong but shouldnt have been there. WTF.... why cant they say jimmy caused the wreck and  pushed hornish up the track cause his spotter didnt tell him he wasnt clear yet.  :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

Par for the course. Even though I am not a Hamlin fan, at least he won so Newman has a chance to get in the Chase next week. If Gordon had won, Newman was done.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

nvrbdn

yep, newman has to win now to get in. but hamlin kept gordon behind him. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 02, 2012, 09:53:57 PM
if this dont beat it all, johnson causes a wreck by driving up the track into hornish jr. and these idiots say newman shouldnt have been on the outside causing the wreck. newman didnt do anything wrong but shouldnt have been there. WTF.... why cant they say jimmy caused the wreck and  pushed hornish up the track cause his spotter didnt tell him he wasnt clear yet.  :shruggy:

I laughed my ass off and do everytime he crashes. It's a beautiful site to see.  :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

Quote from: TruckDriver on September 03, 2012, 09:42:43 AM
I laughed my ass off and do everytime he crashes. It's a beautiful site to see.  :lol:

as do I..either him or Gordon....if they both crash..I'm rolling on the floor

Bryan

Budnicks

How about the Keslowski {spelling ?} "water bottle" yellow, NASCAR said was for "other" debri on the track, Harvick was pissed...LOL... You see these "funny debri cautions" more & more now...

chargerboy69

Quote from: General_01 on September 02, 2012, 10:33:11 PM
Par for the course. Even though I am not a Hamlin fan, at least he won so Newman has a chance to get in the Chase next week. If Gordon had won, Newman was done.

Thats what I was thinking too.  Gordon was fast, but I was cheering Denny so Ryan had a chance to race in the Chase.  Two wrecks in two weeks, makes it hard to make the Chase.

As a side note, looks like not only Ryan has lost his main sponsor, so has Tony as Office Depot just announced they were leaving.  I am curious whether Ryan will be able to stay at SHR because of sponsorship problems.  Some websites have Ryan talking to Penske again.  :shruggy:

Office Depot, co-primary sponsor for Tony Stewart's #14 Chevy in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series since Stewart took over the team in 2009, will not return in that capacity in 2013, a team spokesman confirmed. "Office Depot has notified SHR that they will not be renewing as the primary sponsor of the #14 team," SHR spokesman Mike Arning said. "However, SHR is in continued discussions with Office Depot regarding possible future roles the company could have with the team." Asked what those future roles might be, Arning was unable to specify. "They want to be involved with Tony and the team, but are unsure how right now," he said. Office Depot's departure leaves quite a void for SHR. The office-products company held the primary sponsorship in 22 of 38 races in 2012. Mobil 1, which holds primary sponsorship of the #14 in the series' remaining 16 events, will carry the same investment in 2013, Arning said.
Mindy Kramer, Senior Director of Communications for Office Depot, said the decision to leave the three-time champion was difficult and not taken lightly. "The changing business landscape warrants a realignment of priorities and resources," Kramer said via written statement. "That being said, Tony Stewart has been an exceptional ambassador for our brand, and he has gone above and beyond in everything that he has done for our company. Being a part of his legendary 2011 championship run was a moment of tremendous pride for everyone at Office Depot." Office Depot is also currently the "Official Office Products Partner" of NASCAR, a status they've held since 2005. Kramer and NASCAR spokesman Jon Schwartz both said the two sides are still negotiating any future relationship.(ESPN)(9-2-2012)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TruckDriver

Logano to drive for Penske Racing next season

Joey Logano will join the Penske Racing in 2013, the team announced. He will drive the No. 22 Ford in the Sprint Cup Series.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120904/jlogano-to-penske-racing-2013/index.html?eref=/news/headlines/cup
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargerboy69

Quote from: TruckDriver on September 04, 2012, 07:47:40 PM
Logano to drive for Penske Racing next season

Joey Logano will join the Penske Racing in 2013, the team announced. He will drive the No. 22 Ford in the Sprint Cup Series.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120904/jlogano-to-penske-racing-2013/index.html?eref=/news/headlines/cup

I just read that too.

This is just my opinion, but I do not like this move.  I do not think Logano has turned out to be anywhere near what people were saying.  And if he can not make it at JGR, does anyone really think it will be better at PRS.  I would have kept Sam in the 22, he has been doing a great job since taking over the ride.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford