News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

i dislike JG so much that i root for him to do poorly no matter how many points he has. dvr saved the day again. enjoyed football and put it on fast forward till the cautions came out. think it took 15 min to watch the whole race. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

Quote from: Aero426 on September 30, 2012, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: General_01 on September 30, 2012, 06:52:33 PM
I was hoping BK and JJ would run out of gas and JG would win. I don't like any of them and figured it would be the best scenario since JG has no shot at winning the Championship anyways.

You wouldn't want the Dodge to win?

Not a make guy. I'm a driver guy. My favorite was Rusty and he mostly drove Fords. Stewart is my guy now. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

nvrbdn

i won a chance to have lunch with rusty right before he retired. was a great day. he was a really nice guy to sit and chat with. also signed several items for me.   :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 30, 2012, 07:46:51 PM
i dislike JG so much that i root for him to do poorly no matter how many points he has.

yea..him and JJ also

Bryan

General_01

Quote from: A383Wing on September 30, 2012, 08:40:24 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on September 30, 2012, 07:46:51 PM
i dislike JG so much that i root for him to do poorly no matter how many points he has.

yea..him and JJ also

Bryan

I was looking at the best scenario for Tony. If JJ and BK ran out of gas, he would not lose as much ground to them and JG would still not have made up much ground. Otherwise, I usually hope JG and JJ have misfortune. Hell, I was even hoping Kyle would beat JJ when they were racing for the lead towards the end and I have NEVER hoped Kyle would win a race.
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 30, 2012, 08:14:07 PM
i won a chance to have lunch with rusty right before he retired. was a great day. he was a really nice guy to sit and chat with. also signed several items for me.   :2thumbs:

Cool! I saw him at World of Wheels show here right near the end. Had a "Last Call" hat signed and a Miller Lite car box. My wife also bought me a nice framed "Last Call" tribute to Rusty.
496 stroker
4-speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on September 30, 2012, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: General_01 on September 30, 2012, 06:52:33 PM
I was hoping BK and JJ would run out of gas and JG would win. I don't like any of them and figured it would be the best scenario since JG has no shot at winning the Championship anyways.

You wouldn't want the Dodge to win?
yeah brad is the man  :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: 41husk on September 17, 2012, 11:21:46 AM
Good win for the no door Charger :nana:

X2 !!!

Way to go Penske Racing and Dodge......   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

I alway root for the no door Charger :cheers:  How do they get speed and milage at the same time :shruggy:  Brad has won a few gas milage races and he seems to be a very smart driver, like him or not :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

well, even as the chase is young, there arent too many players left to make a run. tony is 5th and really out of it. with the point system, making up 100 points against a guy who finishes in the top 10 every week is impossible. i just flashed through the points last night, but brad and jj are far in front of the pack. was there 1 or 2 other guys less than 100 points out? :shruggy: i needed to pay more attention. but my stand this year will be "any one but jimmy". :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

FlatbackFanatic

:iagree: can't stand JJ, or just Hendrick Motors, can't stand how NASCAR caters to him. :Twocents:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

General_01

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 01, 2012, 11:39:57 AM
well, even as the chase is young, there arent too many players left to make a run. tony is 5th and really out of it. with the point system, making up 100 points against a guy who finishes in the top 10 every week is impossible. i just flashed through the points last night, but brad and jj are far in front of the pack. was there 1 or 2 other guys less than 100 points out? :shruggy: i needed to pay more attention. but my stand this year will be "any one but jimmy". :2thumbs:

How do you get 100 points out? You looking at Nationwide points?

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2012/data/standings.html
496 stroker
4-speed

A383Wing

yea...I was wondering that also...looks like almost anyone is still in the hunt...especially since 'Dega is next weekend

Bryan

JB400

Just got to love it when the cable acts up in the middle of the race. :flame:  Sometimes I wonder if the race is even worth watching.  We won't discuss the bad coverage.

JB400

Well, that was a wild finish.  Glad Stewart did not win.  Nothing left of it.  Dega bit them all again  Thank Michael Waltrip and Tony Stewart for the whole thing. 

400/6/PAC

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 07, 2012, 04:24:10 PM
Well, that was a wild finish.  Glad Stewart did not win.  Nothing left of it.  Dega bit them all again  Thank Michael Waltrip for the whole thing.
That was one hell of a wreck.
Didn't like the way Kenseth hit Bowyer and put him on the apron right before the wreck.

cdr

say what ya want to about tony,but he did admit to causing the wreck
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

nvrbdn

michael waltrip had nothing to do with it. he had momentum. had tony not dropped down, he may have won. and tony was just trying to stay out front. he made a bad decision and took the blame. kenseth was probably pissed at boyer for taking the push to the front and then dropping him once he got there. then on the restart they are side by side. oh well, thats racing.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Please note, my comments were made right after the race was over and right before all the post race bs.  I had to get back to work.

Pretty bad when the drivers don't want to race there.  That includes Gordon and Dale lsr.

JB400

Did you get the news, Dale Jr. out for two weeks.  He had a concussion after his wreck at Dega.  Regan Smith in the 88, AJ Allmindinger in the 51.  Kurt Busch in the 78 for remainder of this year, and for next year.

nvrbdn

wow, jr. is out. :scratchchin: now how do we get jimmy and jeff out???? :smilielol:

seriously, hate to see anyone injured, but,...............................................
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Smileys on the #51 this week in the wake of Kurt's departure.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Aero426 on October 11, 2012, 05:15:27 PM
Smileys on the #51 this week in the wake of Kurt's departure.

Yes, that is true.  I guess they had their fill of Kurt too.

http://sports.ca.msn.com/nascar/news/phoenix-racing-all-smiles-after-kurt
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

good to see the "dinger" back. hope he keeps himself clean. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

I'm sure he'll be more careful of the stuff he takes.  He's at the top of list now every week.