News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

My views are more tv ratings than anything.  The darn broadcasters would rather watch these 3 guys plus one or two more go around the track 500 miles than show an actual race. You turn the race on,  which one is on tv? Doesn't matter if they are up front or 35th with the fenders falling off.  The only way other racers get mentioned is if they wreck, or finish 1st.  If Almirola wasn't running 1st last weekend, would he ever got mentioned until he wrecked?  Probably not.  That's what I mean about drivers being overrated.

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 24, 2012, 03:11:07 PM
My views are more tv ratings than anything.  The darn broadcasters would rather watch these 3 guys plus one or two more go around the track 500 miles than show an actual race. You turn the race on,  which one is on tv? Doesn't matter if they are up front or 35th with the fenders falling off.  The only way other racers get mentioned is if they wreck, or finish 1st.  If Almirola wasn't running 1st last weekend, would he ever got mentioned until he wrecked?  Probably not.  That's what I mean about drivers being overrated.

Gotcha.  ;)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

im a newman fan also, but have to say that tony is one of the nicest racers you will meet. and has made some saves on the track that amaze me.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 24, 2012, 08:48:20 PM
im a newman fan also, but have to say that tony is one of the nicest racers you will meet. and has made some saves on the track that amaze me.

I have never had the chance to meet Stewart.  I have met Ryan and his wife several times and they have both always been very nice.  When Ryan drove for PRS, I showed him a picture of my Charger off my phone and told him "this is a real Charger", he laughed.  I have several signed Ryan diecast cars, he signed the back of my leather jacket, and I have a couple full quarters off a wrecked Alltel car he signed for me also.  He does not make the public appearances like he used to when he drove for PRS.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

nvrbdn

nice collection of ryan stuff. i got several items of tony signed and a couple ryan autographs when he flew into tony's track for some dirt racing.  i have a 12" tony figure in the box that tony signed. when he saw it he started laughing and said " im not that skinny any more". :lol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on October 22, 2012, 05:44:16 AM
The cup series is supposed  to be releasing a date eventually that they are going to be racing at Road America as well. I got that from a coworker, who's daughter works for Dale Jr. He Thought it will be on the 2013 or 2014  schedule.

And starting next year, NASCAR is doing away with that top 35 rule for qualifing. in both Sprint Cup and Nationwide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/changes-coming-sprint-cup-nationwide-series-nascar-fan-063600103--nascar.html

And there is a good chance the trucks might be running the dirt track Eldora starting next year. That's Tony Steward's track.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-says-d-ecstatic-nascar-came-eldora-162831955--nascar.html;_ylt=A2KJjanYIYVQilEA1RpNbK5_
:2thumbs: I like both those ideas... :cheers:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

could someone post ,,,day an time of races before the last few of year happen??   thanks tried to find on nascar sites ,no luck. my puter box and dail up need replaced..  thanks guys...dj out west :2thumbs: :popcrn:

JB400

Quote from: djcarguy on October 27, 2012, 02:57:12 AM
  could someone post ,,,day an time of races before the last few of year happen??   thanks tried to find on nascar sites ,no luck. my puter box and dail up need replaced..  thanks guys...dj out west :2thumbs: :popcrn:
10/28 Martinsville   1 pm est    ESPN
11/4 Texas     2 pm est     ESPN
11/11 Phoenix   2  pm est ESPN
11/18  Homestead   2 pm  est  ESPN

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on October 22, 2012, 12:35:35 PM
Quote from: 41husk on October 22, 2012, 11:57:30 AM
When was the last time a Dodge team one the chase or a Championship in the cup series?

1975, Petty Charger.

There are 2 Championships at stake: Driver and Manufacturer.  Brad can win one for himself, but not one for Dodge.    In 1975 Petty won one for himself AND Dodge also was the top point getter for manufacturers, with the help of points accrued by the K&K Dodge, driven by Dave Marcis.  He got a few wins, too!   :cheers:

Not checking the points lately, but I'd think Chevy will win another manufacturer trophy, due to the fact they have many teams running in the top 6 for any given event.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

djcarguy

thanks for times,,thanks stroker 400. next yr no more kid support----will get new tv,computer and cable and high speed conections......   thanks enjoy the last few races all .  was mostly jokeing with earlyer post of KIA OR IKA  AND it all bee rigged ,,,,,,,,,was joking late at night with that story ,,,of it all bee rigged,,,just some of it hahahahaha????/    have a goooode dayy.later dj :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :slap:

JB400

Didn't watch too much of the race, didn't like who led most of the race, but, hats off to BK for making a good call on the last caution and getting a 6th place finish. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Maybe, he'll get the point lead back at Texas.  Better yet, with a win :icon_smile_wink: :2thumbs:

41husk

That was a terrible call and he was lucky to get past Gordon to finish 6th, Had he gone in with the leaders, he would have finished no worse than 6th on fresh tires,  He had the lead with 17 laps left but there was no way he was going to hold off the guys who got fresh tires, and he didn't.  Had he got fresh tires he would have had a good chance to move up into the top 5.  He did get a bonus point for leading a lap and that may end up being huge.  He ealy needs to start qualifying better.  His starting positions  have been a problem!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ponch ®

Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 25, 2012, 06:56:45 AM
When Ryan drove for PRS, I showed him a picture of my Charger off my phone and told him "this is a real Charger", he laughed.  

I'd have laughed too.  :eek2:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

odcics2

Chevy Clinches NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Manufacturers' Championship: #48-Jimmie Johnson's victory in the TUMS Fast Relief 500 at Martinsville Speedway clinched the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Manufacturers' Championship for Chevrolet. It is the 10th consecutive year, and the 36th time overall that the Bowtie Brand has captured the prestigious title in NASCAR's top series. In the 33 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races run to-date in 2012, Chevy drivers have captured 12 victories. Chevy won its first Manufacturers' Cup in 1958, and now with the 2012 Cup secured, Chevy has reached an unprecedented 36th title.(Chevy PR) See more info and complete standings on the Manufacturers Championship page.(10-29-2012) 

GO BRAD - the last hope.....   :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

41husk

Most people would be happy with 2nd or third in a late chase race, but not win the 1,and2 guys in points finish one and two in the race :brickwall:  I was find myself pulling for JJ to fail more than for Brad to win :D
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on November 05, 2012, 09:36:20 AM
Most people would be happy with 2nd or third in a late chase race, but not win the 1,and2 guys in points finish one and two in the race :brickwall:  I was find myself pulling for JJ to fail more than for Brad to win :D
the fix is in JJ has it wrapped up
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

I hope you are wrong buddy!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

JB400

It isn't over till the last checkered flag falls.  Brad still has plenty of time.  Go team Penske :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

someone needs to step up and wreck johnson and end this (&*^&%&$).  ok im better now. go brad. and the late caution finished brad where without it he had the win. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

You can't wreck JJ without there being a conspiracy.  He has to do that on his own.  Unless you can get Montoya to wreck someone in front of him :D

wingcar

I would think that getting Montoya to wreck Jimmie Johnson shouldn't be that difficult, as he's hit about everything there is to hit on the track.   And, he'll even take out the track sweeper if you need him to........................ :icon_smile_big:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcar on November 05, 2012, 12:38:34 PM
I would think that getting Montoya to wreck Jimmie Johnson shouldn't be that difficult, as he's hit about everything there is to hit on the track.   And, he'll even take out the track sweeper if you need him to........................ :icon_smile_big:
I still cant understand what he has against those poor defenseless jet dryers  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Quote from: moparstuart on November 05, 2012, 01:04:23 PM
I would think that getting Montoya to wreck Jimmie Johnson shouldn't be that difficult, as he's hit about everything there is to hit on the track.   And, he'll even take out the track sweeper if you need him to........................ :icon_smile_big:
I still cant understand what he has against those poor defenseless jet dryers  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can understand why Harvick doesn't like parajumpers :smilielol:

wingcar

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 05, 2012, 01:09:21 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 05, 2012, 01:04:23 PM
I would think that getting Montoya to wreck Jimmie Johnson shouldn't be that difficult, as he's hit about everything there is to hit on the track.   And, he'll even take out the track sweeper if you need him to........................ :icon_smile_big:
I still cant understand what he has against those poor defenseless jet dryers  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can understand why Harvick doesn't like parajumpers :smilielol:

Maybe Penske should hire a group of parajumpers to land ON Jimmie Johnson's car a few minutes before the next race....of course it would be an accident
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904