News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

thedodgeboys

NASCAR Issues Penalties From Sunday's Event at Phoenix: NASCAR announced penalties to three teams that compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions at Phoenix International Raceway.
Jeff Gordon, driver of the #24 car, was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)  altercation with another competitor on the race track during the race  and has been fined $100,000, docked 25 championship driver points and put on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. Rick Hendrick, owner of the #24 car, has also been penalized with the loss of 25 championship owner points. Alan Gustafson, crew chief of the #24 car, also was found to be in violation of Section 9-4A (at all events, crew chief assumes responsibility of his driver, car owner and team members) and has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Brian Pattie, crew chief of the #15 car, violated Sections 12-1 and 9-4A and has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges and the like, even if inoperable or incomplete)  driver had a cell phone in his possession onboard the race car. All of these violations occurred during the Nov. 11 event at PIR.

Pretty crazy... I thought Nascar approved of Brads phone tweeting

Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges and the like, even if inoperable or incomplete)  driver had a cell phone in his possession onboard the race car.

JB400

Damn, Brad penalized for tweeting.  That's nuts.  Just a driver pleasing the fans.

thedodgeboys

t least it wasn't points for Brad that would suck

Indygenerallee

QuoteBrad Keselowski, driver of the #2 car, has been fined $25,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31 for violating Sections 12-1 and 20-6.7A (cars and drivers will not be permitted to carry onboard computers, automated electronic recording devices, electronically actuated devices, power distribution modules, power conditioners, micro-processors, recording devices, electronic digital memory chips, traction control devices, digital readout gauges and the like, even if inoperable or incomplete)  driver had a cell phone in his possession onboard the race car. All of these violations occurred during the Nov. 11 event at PIR.
QuoteThat is really retarded.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

41husk

Im guessing Brads fine was more for Negative NASCAR post race comments than cell phone use during red flag time :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TruckDriver

Well, at least they didnt dock points from Brad too, and basically gave Johnson the championship. :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

odcics2

Quote from: 41husk on November 12, 2012, 07:38:38 PM
Im guessing Brads fine was more for Negative NASCAR post race comments than cell phone use during red flag time :Twocents:

yes - he was too honest for them to take it lightly...   :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: How many add up to $25K ??    :shruggy:   :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

odcics2

Next Sundays race...

chargerboy69

Quote from: General_01 on November 12, 2012, 06:33:14 PM
No suspension for Gordon. $100K fine and docked 25 points.

http://www.nascar.com/news/121112/nascar-penalizes-jgordon-cbowyer-bkeselowski/index.html

I feel that is a fair fine.  $100,000 even to Jeff is a chunk of change.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

41husk

Sitting him would cost more than that  :Twocents:  ESPN even talked about Brad tweeting and showed video of it with all the other drivers standing around laughing after the track dryer wreck when they were red flagged.  But now it is a problem :scratchchin:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

wingcar

Brad had better watch out for Jeff and steer clear......with all the bad blood between him and Clint Bowyer from Phoenix Brad could be caught up in something on the track not of his doing.....

NASCAR should have parked Jeff for what he did, although I knew they wouldn't....the fines are a joke...And placed on probation until the end of the year....hello NASCAR, next week's race is the last for the year......does this mean if Jeff takes out Clint on the freeway, he'll be in trouble with NASCAR?

It appears to me that Jeff just can't stand not being driver number one for his team any longer now that Jimmie is winning everything.  It's been a bad year for Jeff as he can't seem to get a break.  What you are seeing is a meltdown of a champion from being very frustrated.....Having said that...there is no excuse for what he did......none!
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

JB400

Jeff has been at it for 20 years now.  He's almost to the end of his career.  I can understand that he wants to end it on high note.  But, with JJ, he created his own monster.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff hangs up the helmet in the next 5-10 years.
That'll let Trevor Bayne take over the 24.  He'd do a real good job.

41husk

I know Brad only needs a top 15 to clintch but should drive to win.  Thats what got him to this point :Twocents:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

thedodgeboys

Quote from: 41husk on November 13, 2012, 01:02:48 PM
I know Brad only needs a top 15 to clintch but should drive to win.  Thats what got him to this point :Twocents:

It's actully easier than that, he just needs to be no more than 10 to 12 spots behind the 48 at the end of the day  the 15 place is if the 48 gets max points on the day  So if the 48 pits so does the 2 if the 48 runs mid pack the 2 can coast to the championship. Most years that's how it goes down lst year was the exception to the rule.

I'm still in shock that NASCAR may let Dodge win the cup tittle and not be around next year....

JB400

Dodge may not be back next year, but I expect them back for 14.  If they can get a championship for Penske, they sure as heck can get a championship with another team.

thedodgeboys

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 13, 2012, 06:15:46 PM
Dodge may not be back next year, but I expect them back for 14.  If they can get a championship for Penske, they sure as heck can get a championship with another team.

But who?

unless Dodge starts building the motors no top team is available to switch. maybe Gibbs??? 

odcics2

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 13, 2012, 06:45:45 PM

But who?

unless Dodge starts building the motors no top team is available to switch. maybe Gibbs??? 

You never know.  In the late 60s you would be surprised how many engines were built by Chrysler Engineering for all the Nascar teams!

472 R/T SE

Brad's no dummy.  If you notice when Bowyer got clipped Brad had backed way off & didn't want to be close to the 2 dummies.

I imagine @ Homestead his crew chief & spotter will be letting him know where the two of them are at all times.

If you've noticed, Jeff has had a chip on his shoulder ever since Hendrick changed around all the crews & crew chiefs except for the #48.  It really had to chap his ass that Jr. got his old crew.  Hendrick is really going out of his way to get Jr. a championship & I don't think that's sitting too well.

JB400

I think it started when Chad fired his crew and requested the 24 crew that one race.  ( I forget which one, it happened a few years ago.)  That was because  JJ was in the hunt for a championship and his own crew flubbed up a couple times.  I don't think Jeff had any say in that what so ever.

But, yeah, Jeff has been cheated on there at Hendrick.  Hendrick is favoring JJ and Lsr.  I just hope that Kayne doesn't get cheated like Jeff.  When Kayne starts having some good luck, he'll be more competitive.  Right now, he's just posting top 10's.  I'm ready for Jeff to really get the old flame going again to be running up front and not letting JJ just slide by. 

TruckDriver

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 14, 2012, 12:51:12 AM
Brad's no dummy.  If you notice when Bowyer got clipped Brad had backed way off & didn't want to be close to the 2 dummies.

I imagine @ Homestead his crew chief & spotter will be letting him know where the two of them are at all times.

If you've noticed, Jeff has had a chip on his shoulder ever since Hendrick changed around all the crews & crew chiefs except for the #48.  It really had to chap his ass that Jr. got his old crew.  Hendrick is really going out of his way to get Jr. a championship & I don't think that's sitting too well.

:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

Well we will all know soon :cheers:  Sunday is just around the corner.  I think ESPN coverage has the race starting at 2pm but they usually have some pre race at the scheduled start time.  Anyone know when the flag drops?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Chargen69

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 12, 2012, 10:18:57 PM
Quote from: General_01 on November 12, 2012, 06:33:14 PM
No suspension for Gordon. $100K fine and docked 25 points.

http://www.nascar.com/news/121112/nascar-penalizes-jgordon-cbowyer-bkeselowski/index.html

I feel that is a fair fine.  $100,000 even to Jeff is a chunk of change.

really?  celebrity networth says he is worth 150,000,000 which seems low to me, but even if that is all he is worth, i doubt 100,000 really is gonna hurt, they also say he makes 22mil a year

nvrbdn

most of them are making 150-200 thou a race. im assuming that is without bonus for certain finishing spots. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

chargerboy69

Quote from: thedodgeboys on November 13, 2012, 06:45:45 PM

But who?

Rumor is Andretti.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford