News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Winter testing is in full swing at Daytona.  Fords aren't very fast and Dale Jr. is already wrecking cars, except his own.  10 car pile up on the backstretch.  Wiped out Gordon, Kayne, both Penske cars, Biffle, Edwards, Regan Smith, Ambrose, and Almirola.

odcics2

Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 27, 2012, 05:38:25 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 27, 2012, 10:42:11 AM

I think most of us on here are brand loyal.  I for one, routed for Dodge just like most do for a driver. I don't blame Dodge for pulling out, I blame Penske for giving up on them.  I have high hopes of Dodge returning in '14 or 15. I pay attention to manufacturers, but I do also keep an eye on who has talent.

If you read the quotes from Roger his main gripe was Dodge did not offer any help or support, something the other manufacturers offer.  That is one reason I was so impressed with Brads championship, they did it despite Dodge doing nothing. Personally I would have went with Chevy, but PRS had Ford before, so. . . . .  

"When we weighted the plusses and minuses of the opportunity, it was apparent to us that we need to win the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship. We have been trying to do it alone," Penske said in a conference call.

Chrysler Engineering figured out the fuel issues early last season.   Penske's Boys were stymied.   
Dodge gave them plenty of support...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

chargerboy69

Quote from: odcics2 on January 11, 2013, 04:19:08 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on December 27, 2012, 05:38:25 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 27, 2012, 10:42:11 AM

I think most of us on here are brand loyal.  I for one, routed for Dodge just like most do for a driver. I don't blame Dodge for pulling out, I blame Penske for giving up on them.  I have high hopes of Dodge returning in '14 or 15. I pay attention to manufacturers, but I do also keep an eye on who has talent.

If you read the quotes from Roger his main gripe was Dodge did not offer any help or support, something the other manufacturers offer.  That is one reason I was so impressed with Brads championship, they did it despite Dodge doing nothing. Personally I would have went with Chevy, but PRS had Ford before, so. . . . .  

"When we weighted the plusses and minuses of the opportunity, it was apparent to us that we need to win the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship. We have been trying to do it alone," Penske said in a conference call.

Chrysler Engineering figured out the fuel issues early last season.   Penske's Boys were stymied.   
Dodge gave them plenty of support...

Yes, just look at the waiting lines of teams ready to sign the next big Dodge contract.  :P

Sorry, but Dodge tried shopping their crap around all last year.  Nobody wants them because they offer no financial or engineering support.  I don't blame anyone for dumping them.  I know if I were to start up a team I would look at GM or Toyota. Dodge had nothing to do with Brads win, the credit is all with Penske Racing South.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JB400

When Dodge got back in it with Evernham, I think they were thinking the teams could be self sufficient after a couple of years of manufacturer support.  Unfortunately, this idea failed.  That's why so many teams dumped them after just a few years.  It wasn't until Penske mentioned leaving Dodge, that they stepped up thier support and won the championship.  Give Dodge a year or two to reanalyze thier racing program and then come back with a different point of view.

472 R/T SE

472 R/T SE

thedodgeboys

Here is an odd rumor for you to ponder, if any thing it's probably just to get more money out of Chevy next year.
I don't see RCR. Ever switching camps but one never should say never.....

Dodge and RCR? What's it going to take to get Dodge Motorsports interested in NASCAR again? How about an organization such as Richard Childress Racing? One of the reasons cited for Dodge's departure from NASCAR at the end of the 2012 season was the inability to secure an organization equal to Penske Racing's stature. Although Dodge representatives flirted with Furniture Row Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports and Andretti Racing, nothing materialized from the meetings. However, what if Dodge could secure an organization that boasts six Cup titles, three Nationwide Series championships and two Truck titles? "I haven't talk to anybody," team owner Richard Childress said on Friday. "No one has approached me yet." Still, the rumor persists.(FoxSports)(1-11-2013)

JB400

I would find it highly unlikely, but anything is possible.  Only problem is they are in cohoots with DEI.  That would mean DEI would either have to switch as well, or go to Hendrick for engines.

Did anyone else notice on all that fiscal cliff nonsense, that Nascar and other franchises received a little padding in thier pockets?

HeavyFuel

Here's a good one.

I go to trivia night at a local pub on Wednesdays....but missed it this last week so my bro had to fill me in on what happened.

One question was: "Which NASCAR driver had the nickname "The Intimidater?"   Too easy, right?   :drive:

My bro puts down the answer, and when they start scoring, the guy running the show says, "Dale Earnhardt, SR....and you've got to have SR written.  ::)

My brother calls BS.....and proceeds to argue with 1/2 the bar that there is Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt, JR.

He ended up just about getting into a skuffle with a couple dudes......probably not even NASCAR fans, they just don't like our team to win.....which we do quite frequently. :cheers:

Anyway....I'm sorry I missed out........it sounded exciting.

A383Wing

he was never referred to as "SR." until after he died.....

Bryan

HeavyFuel

Quote from: A383Wing on January 12, 2013, 03:37:21 PM
he was never referred to as "SR." until after he died.....

Bryan

Yeah.....and we could understand that......putting down SR as a clarification that you don't mean JR.  But leaving off the SR should be acceptable as well, even preferred.

JB400

You only need to use Sr. in reference to the Teutals.  When someone says Dale Earnhardt, I know who they're talking about.

A383Wing

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 12, 2013, 04:15:03 PM
You only need to use Sr. in reference to the Teutals.  When someone says Dale Earnhardt, I know who they're talking about.

yea..me too....and has anyone ever noticed that when someone interviews Jr, that they always refer to him as "Jr" and never call him by his "Dale" name?

at least from what I have seen

Bryan

odcics2

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 12, 2013, 04:15:03 PM

:iagree:

There was "Dale", and there is "Jr."    Who can confuse the two??   :Twocents:

nvrbdn

well, ive never been an earnhardt fan. didnt like the old man when he was around. called him "the cheater" instead of the name he was more commonly known as. at his last race i had a bet with my boss. he said that sr. would finish in front of every dodge on the track. so we bet. when i got to work, i made him pay off the bet since every dodge running on the track finished in front of him.  not trying to stir up hate, just stating  a preference of dodge motor sports, and a strong dislike of dei. :lol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 13, 2013, 12:30:40 PM
well, ive never been an earnhardt fan. didnt like the old man when he was around. called him "the cheater" instead of the name he was more commonly known as. at his last race i had a bet with my boss. he said that sr. would finish in front of every dodge on the track. so we bet. when i got to work, i made him pay off the bet since every dodge running on the track finished in front of him.  not trying to stir up hate, just stating  a preference of dodge motor sports, and a strong dislike of dei. :lol:

I never cared for him either
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JB400

I think I had more fun rooting against him and Gordon if anything.  Now I root for Gordon, and against Johnson.  Please note, if that's the only two that have a chance of winning, I'd rather have Gordon than Johnson. :eek2:  Otherwise, I have other drivers that I prefer to root for.

odcics2

Do you guys remember when Sterling Marlin was called, "The Exterminator" after the Daytona 500 ??

odcics2

Just happened to be over on the Nascar site.

When you check out Brad K. it shows last years points and he was #1.   Roll over him and it flips over to say he drove a FORD...  :shruggy:

WHAT A BUNCH OF B.S.   :Twocents:

odcics2

Dodge not expected back soon: Don't look for NASCAR to add a new manufacturer anytime soon. Vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said during Friday's "Gen 6" test at Charlotte Motor Speedway that he doesn't anticipate another manufacturer joining Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota in the "foreseeable future ... the next year or two." Dodge pulled out of the sport after winning the championship last season with Brad Keselowski and Penske Racing, which moved to Ford in 2013. There has been speculation that Dodge might return in 2014, possibly with a premier team such as Richard Childress Racing that has fallen to third among organizations in the Chevrolet fleet. Pemberton said the governing body periodically gets "cold calls" from potential manufacturers, but none that appear ready to join the sport in the next few years.(ESPN)(1-20-2013)

Budnicks

well, ive never been an earnhardt fan. didnt like the old man when he was around. called him "the cheater" instead of the name he was more commonly known as. at his last race i had a bet with my boss. he said that sr. would finish in front of every dodge on the track. so we bet. when i got to work, i made him pay off the bet since every dodge running on the track finished in front of him.  not trying to stir up hate, just stating  a preference of dodge motor sports, and a strong dislike of dei. :lol:
:2thumbs:  :cheers:  I respect that he won 7 Championships, but he got away with stuff no other driver "ever could have", because of his extremely close relationship with the all France family, the face of NASCAR at the time :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Chargen69

fact is he put butts in the seats  $$

nvrbdn

no doubt he did. he had alot of fans. i just wasnt one of them. we all cant have the same likes and dislikes or it would be a boring world.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Budnicks on February 02, 2013, 04:25:29 PM
well, ive never been an earnhardt fan. didnt like the old man when he was around. called him "the cheater" instead of the name he was more commonly known as. at his last race i had a bet with my boss. he said that sr. would finish in front of every dodge on the track. so we bet. when i got to work, i made him pay off the bet since every dodge running on the track finished in front of him.  not trying to stir up hate, just stating  a preference of dodge motor sports, and a strong dislike of dei. :lol:
:2thumbs:  :cheers:  I respect that he won 7 Championships, but he got away with stuff no other driver "ever could have", because of his extremely close relationship with the all France family, the face of NASCAR at the time :Twocents:

Dale who?

JB400

Anybody else watch the Hub tonight on Speed?  It seems Danica Patrick and Ricky Stenhouse are together.  This ought to be fun to watch.  Both are vying for the Rookie of the Year.  Question is, can she keep her personal life emotions off the track? :lol: