News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

Now the regular season can get started and we can see if this new car is going to be better than the cot.

FJ5WING

I didnt enjoy the race at all...but couldnt stop laughing at "Happy" for thinking someone wrecked him.

I thought Danica just just fine!
wingless now, but still around.

nvrbdn

yep, ryan is my guy. glad he came back to 5th. got some points and led a lap too. not a johnson fan, or a jr fan, but with mark falling off the back of jr at the end, he lost his chance of winning. definately a calm finish.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 24, 2013, 07:06:20 PM
I thought she done good as well.  Can't complain about a top 10 finish, even though she thought she could do better.  Overall, I wasn't satisfied with this new car.  It's no fun watching single file racing.  Two car tandem was much more fun to watch then this.  Give these cars bigger grill openings and bring it back so that cars can actually pass each other.  Or make the lower groove usable.  Inside cars couldn't do didly.  Bring the racing back. :'(

so, what youre saying is, that now that the cars finally bear at least a passing resemblance to their street versions the racing is boring?

who'd have thought that?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nvrbdn

you cant judge how the racing will be based on the datona 500. wait untill they get to a non restrictor track and see what they do. tag team is for wrestling. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

True, they are supposed to get a 7 in tall spoiler for the rest of the tracks except Talladega. Hopefully, it'll bring some better racing. Their restrictor plate program needs improvement that's for sure.  It sucked watching a 200 mph funeral concession.  I'm just glad it wasn't an actual one.

Ponch ®

Two things that I'm almost embarrassed to ask because I like to think that I follow NASCAR pretty closely and know the sport well but:

1) Now that the Cup cars are running EFI, are restrictor plates still being used? Would seem kinda pointless when NASCAR can just control that by programming the ECU.

If they still are -

2) Do Busch Nationwide cars use restrictor plates? Back when both Cup and NNS were still running carbed motors, I always thought it would have been easier for NASCAR to make Cup teams use the lesser powered NNS engines for restrictor plate races.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

JB400

All 3 of the top series do run restrictor plates.  I think the modifieds even run plates at Loudon, not positive on that though.

odcics2

Here is what they need:

3" rear spoilers, any angle you want to run.
No more bump stops.
36" front blade spoiler - get rid of splitters
take out the side glass, delete the shark fin.
get rid of the side skirts.

Then - may the best man, er make that driver now, win.   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

The way Nascar should be.  No areo, plenty of bumpdrafting, and a whole lot of action.

Ponch ®

400/6/PAC

Quote from: A383Wing on February 24, 2013, 09:06:51 PM
I'm pissed that Harvick and Stewart got taken out, even more pissed that the 48 won  :RantExplode:

Danica did good, proud of her

the single file train was boring

oh well, on to next week

Bryan

:iagree:

Aero426

Here's the reason for the first "debris" caution on lap 28.

JB400

Petty blue makes a return for this year for 24 of the races this year on the 43 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Also, Micheal Annette broke his sternum.  Aric Almirola will replace him this weekend.

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on February 26, 2013, 03:11:49 PM

:hah: No doubt...  :smilielol:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 27, 2013, 06:04:31 PM
Petty blue makes a return for this year for 24 of the races this year on the 43 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Also, Micheal Annette broke his sternum.  Aric Almirola will replace him this weekend.

They say Micheal Annette is out indefinatly, possably the year.  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

I think Aric is a better driver anyway

Bryan

TruckDriver

I agree with you totally there.  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on February 26, 2013, 03:11:49 PM

Lordy !!!  Rookie spectators !!!  ::)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JB400

Mark Martin and Kasey Kahne have the front row for Sunday. :woohoo:

Danica didn't do so hot.  Starts 40th

472 R/T SE

JB400

Stewart Haas is having a hard time at  Phoenix. 

nvrbdn

yes they are.              sucks.      oh well, lets just hope ryan can do something this year and pull a sponser or two so tony will keep 4 drivers on his team next year.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Good win for Edwards and the cat in the hat :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Much better than some of the other guys up front.  Would have liked to have seen BK get 2nd, no thanks to Hamlin.

I'm gonna have to redo my rosters.  My guys have been starting out good, but fall late.