News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyslexic teddybear

Seems logical to me......that many things factor into "following " a driver. Of course the drivers behavior on and off the track is likely the most important, car brand/team owner/crew chief etc. will be part of it. [for me, car brand is huge, I'm a Mopar guy]

I am not a fan of anything Hendrick. Thus, not a fan of anyone driving Hendrick equipment. I do NOT cheer when they crash/blow up......so I do not believe I'm a hater. But I am not gonna cheer either.

Would agree one of the factors of Dodge leaving was Nascars promoting the driver over the brand. Also logically, that is a factor in Nascars decline.....IROC style cookie cutter cars/drivers/tracks[1-1/2 mile].....making things worse. Lotta empty seats showing in the stands....

thedodgeboys

Am I the only one happy about the decline in attendance?

let me explain; it has created lower ticket prices for better seats less congestion less fans or people that are here just for the party.

And best of all less #3 and Jr. Fans  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

It was just more enjoyable when less people were around.  :coolgleamA:

nvrbdn

i agree that it can be nicer with less traffic, smaller crowds, less jr fans.

now, as far as rooting for the drivers vs. owners.  i was first for mopar, second i was ryan newman.

then i had a few drivers id root for over the ones i cant stand.

now for the dislike of hendrick motor sports.  its not a thing where i pick one owner over another, i just hate the whiny cry baby cheating attitude from that camp. and i know, someone will say they all cheat, or at least try to.
  well the big difference is, when the others get caught, they pay the price. they lose the points. they take their punishment.     when hendrick gets caught, they blame nascar, or say that everyone else is doing it, or rick goes behind closed doors and threatens nascar. then a report comes out that the penalty's have been dropped because it must have been an accident and they wont do it again.
                    just my feelings :flame:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

RedChargerRob

Since no mo' Mopar, I root for ABT.   (Anybody But Toyota)

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 12, 2013, 07:31:26 PM

now for the dislike of hendrick motor sports.  its not a thing where i pick one owner over another, i just hate the whiny cry baby cheating attitude from that camp. and i know, someone will say they all cheat, or at least try to.
  well the big difference is, when the others get caught, they pay the price. they lose the points. they take their punishment.     when hendrick gets caught, they blame nascar, or say that everyone else is doing it, or rick goes behind closed doors and threatens nascar. then a report comes out that the penalty's have been dropped because it must have been an accident and they wont do it again.

That's putting it better then I could.  :2thumbs:

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 12, 2013, 07:31:26 PM
i agree that it can be nicer with less traffic, smaller crowds, less jr fans.

now, as far as rooting for the drivers vs. owners.  i was first for mopar, second i was ryan newman.

then i had a few drivers id root for over the ones i cant stand.

:2thumbs: well said, same thing with Dale Sr., he could get away with anything, NASCAR looked the otherway
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

JB400

:2thumbs: To Hamlin.  He has decided not to appeal his fine, and still refuses to pay.  Nascar said they will take it out of his winnings this weekend :flame:

moparstuart

i hope they doc owner points and fine him also
  gibbs needs to get this a hole under controll
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Quote from: moparstuart on March 14, 2013, 07:16:08 PM
I think Hamlin's in full control of the situation.  If this was Busch in this situation, then I might understand and agree with you.  This is an example of Nascar out of control.  Brian France and Mike Helton need a boot up thier rear for giving Hamlin this penalty.

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 14, 2013, 09:24:41 PM
I think Hamlin's in full control of the situation.  If this was Busch in this situation, then I might understand and agree with you.  This is an example of Nascar out of control.  Brian France and Mike Helton need a boot up thier rear for giving Hamlin this penalty.

While I can not stand Hamlin, I also agree the fine was un called for. I have heard far worse coming from other drivers bad mouthing NASCAR (Tony Stewart), and NASCAR did nothing.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

thedodgeboys

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 15, 2013, 08:14:26 AM

While I can not stand Hamlin, I also agree the fine was un called for. I have heard far worse coming from other drivers bad mouthing NASCAR (Tony Stewart), and NASCAR did nothing.

Dumb fine however na$car did warn all the drivers not to be negative about the new car over the winter.
Regardless of the outcome of the 11 cars fine the message is now clear we won't be hearing anything negative about the new car anymore.

JB400

Gordon done a number on his and Kenseth's cars :lol:  Blown tire is the culprit.  Should have got 4 on that last pitstop

nvrbdn

got home late, what happened to tony???  kenseth was fast. too bad for him.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Stewart had a flat tire and backed it into the wall.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

I know quite a few guys don't like Hendrick cars, but I'm glad Kayne won. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:  And with Johnson and Gordon putting it in the wall, made for an even sweeter day :2thumbs:

Well, my roster done good today :2thumbs:

A little dispute between Logano and Hamlin :lol:

TruckDriver

Just happy Johnson crashed too  :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

I'm probably never gonna get used to Matt being in the 20 car

Bryan

nvrbdn

i know, it just doesnt look right.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 17, 2013, 02:30:48 PM
Gordon done a number on his and Kenseth's cars :lol:  Blown tire is the culprit.  Should have got 4 on that last pitstop
Yeah, Too bad about Kenseth, He was running fast.

Budnicks

Quote from: thedodgeboys on March 16, 2013, 05:14:27 AM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 15, 2013, 08:14:26 AM

Dumb fine however na$car did warn all the drivers not to be negative about the new car over the winter.
Regardless of the outcome of the 11 cars fine the message is now clear we won't be hearing anything negative about the new car anymore.
or either Earnhart Sr./Jr. repeatedly, especiallty Dale Sr. when he didn't like something..

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 17, 2013, 03:09:07 PM
A little dispute between Logano and Hamlin :lol:
I would just call it Hamlin wrecking #22 Logano  :Twocents: , Hamlin said "he ment to hit him, but didn't mean to spin him", yeah right...LOL....

JB400

From the way they're talking, sounds like Logano is already plotting revenge :lol:  I bet Hamlin wins this dispute. :popcrn: and Logano comes away  :bawling:

JB400

What a finish!!!!!!!!!  Congrats to Kyle Busch :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Hope Hamlin is ok.  He took a hard lick battling Logano for the lead. 

Fight between Logano and Stewart :lol:  Logano isn't making friends this year