News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

No penalties per NASCAR.

Budnicks

hey NASCAR said have it boys, I think it all starts there... 1st the sanctioning body is to blame for allot of the off track altercation...  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TruckDriver

Hamlin Out An Estimated Six Weeks

Denny Hamlin will not need surgery but is sidelined indefinitely...

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-hamlin-out-an-estimated-six-weeks/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

thedodgeboys

The 11 car could be a quality ride for someone for 6 weeks

I hope they give the ride to vickers but sadiler may get it because of the deal vickers has with the 55.

JB400

Sadler will probably get it a Martinsville.  Vickers will probably fill in in the other races.  Time will tell :popcrn:

chargerboy69

Quote from: thedodgeboys on March 27, 2013, 03:49:47 AM

I hope they give the ride to vickers but sadiler may get it because of the deal vickers has with the 55.

Vickers would be a great choice, the kid can drive.  I like Sadler, he just never was able to do much in cup.

Sam Hornish Jr. or Allmendinger should also be on the short list. AJ is already driven the races for the 51 he was going to run.  But both these guys are signed with Penske, no telling what Roger may say.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

thedodgeboys

Looks like iMark Martin gets the 11 car why Hamlin is out.

This makes sence Mark can run up front and win races keeping the owner points for the 11 in chase range.

I wonder what we don't know? Will Denny be out longer than they are saying? Could be and that's why they wanted Martin who can earn driver points, he is 25 th in points now but only 36 points away from 12 th he can easily make that up and if he wins he can run in the chase as long as he is higher than 20 th in points  no matter what car he is in.
The 11 or the 55.

They are similar in size so if Denny does do any start and switch stuff they won't have to much to change in the car.
With all the differant ways to get into the chase the 11 car may run for the owners championship with denny or mark and Mark could run for the drivers in the 55 or the 11.

Get your Richmond tickets boys it just got interesting come chase time.  :popcrn:

JB400

Kinda odd since Mark don't like Martinsville.  I'm glad I didn't put any money on Sadler in the 11.

TruckDriver

If I remember right, Mark has a lot of wins though at Martinsville. I think it was even name Markinsville for a while.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Budnicks

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 27, 2013, 06:59:25 AM
Quote from: thedodgeboys on March 27, 2013, 03:49:47 AM

Vickers would be a great choice, the kid can drive.  I like Sadler, he just never was able to do much in cup.

Sam Hornish Jr. or Allmendinger should also be on the short list. AJ is already driven the races for the 51 he was going to run.  But both these guys are signed with Penske, no telling what Roger may say.
yeah I'd like to see Sam Hornish Jr. too

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 29, 2013, 09:00:07 AM
If I remember right, Mark has a lot of wins though at Martinsville. I think it was even name Markinsville for a while.
:2thumbs:  :slap:

A383Wing

Wonder also if it has something to do with the fact that Mark has a lot more "common sense" about him and that he won't go after Logano like many of the other drivers would.

I don't know...Logano's still a turd..always has been, always will be in my mind....even before the wreck with Hamlin, I never cared for him...snot nosed bratty punk assed kid who whines & crys every time someone touches him on the track...kinda reminds me of Jeff Gordon

I hope Mark does the team well

Bryan

thedodgeboys

Maybe it's more about job secuarty for Denny???

Mark dosent want the 11 car next year full time, all the others mentioned would love that ride full time.  :scratchchin:

TruckDriver

Well, Mark doesn't need the money. He still races because he loves racing. I met him when he used to live in Wisconsin a few years before he got started in cup. He is a awesome guy.
PETE

400/6/PAC

Makes Me wonder, If Mark takes the 11 car while Denny is out will He still be a few weeks on and a few weeks off like He is in the 55.
And if so Who would be the second driver in the 11 car?

Aero426

They are now saying Martin for Martinsville only, then Vickers will drive the #11 until Hamlin returns.   

thedodgeboys

Quote from: Aero426 on March 29, 2013, 08:27:51 PM
They are now saying Martin for Martinsville only, then Vickers will drive the #11 until Hamlin returns.    

Yep sounds like somebody didn't want mark out of the 55 (Aaron s maybe?)

UPDATE 5: Joe Gibbs Racing announces that Brian Vickers will take over behind the wheel of the #11 FedEx Toyota Camry in the Sprint Cup Series for the injured Denny Hamlin starting on April 13 at Texas Motor Speedway. It was previously released that Mark Martin would handle the duties behind the wheel for the #11 Joe Gibbs Racing team while Denny Hamlin recovered from injury. Martin will drive the car in Martinsville, but Vickers will now take over the duties beginning in Texas. "Obviously having to find someone to fill in for Denny is not an ideal situation to have to be in and when you start a process like this you obviously begin to look at the drivers that are not only available but also able to drive for your race team and manufacturer. We were a bit premature in determining Mark's status past Martinsville however," said J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing

and

"I think it is great that a driver of Mark's caliber is available to support our fellow Toyota team during this difficult time for them," Waltrip said in a statement. "We wish Denny a speedy recovery. Mark is a big part of our organization and committed to our sponsors, especially Aaron's and Toyota. We have a lot of goals yet to reach this year, and we are very focused on accomplishing them."

On Sirius XM NASCAR Radio on Friday, Waltrip said, "We agreed that Mark would drive (the No. 11) at Martinsville, and we were working through what it would look like after that. For some reason, before we got it all figured out, a press release was put out. I guess it said that Mark would drive it until Denny was better, and that just wasn't what we agreed to yet."

A383Wing

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on March 30, 2013, 06:24:53 PM
Mikey's an idiot...
he and his brother both , lord knows why they force them on us on TV

oh and i would wish and injury on anyone but I do not like the snarky little weisel  Hamlin at all . 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

I agree about Mike, but I think Darrel is alright.  He adds a little character to the broadcasts that makes it appealing to the newer fans.  Mike is more of an imitator.  He just mimics every other broadcaster and racecar driver and does both poorly.  His Aarons commercials are even worse :eek2:

nvrbdn

i seen them both on a prerace show one time. mikey wasnt racing in this race. a conversation came up and mikey was wanting to drill nascar for their poor way of dealing with a situation. he was dancing around the subject only saying what he could without being in deep trouble. finally he got pissed and just shut up. darrel didnt help him, didnt side with him, just left him out there to fend for himself. darrel :rotz: is so far up nascars backside that he wont do anything against them.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

I believe he was a pain in their rear when he was racing :lol:  But, he added a lot of excitement to Nascar in the 80's

A383Wing

they both need to go away

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House