News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 12, 2013, 05:02:41 PM
I do the fantasy Nascar deal.  My picks will probably be Biffle, BK, Kyle Busch.  I haven't decided who else is good at Texas.  More than likely, they'll be Fords.  They do well at mile and a halfs.
sound good... I got lazy  :brickwall: & didn't know if I could remember or be around, to pick my guys every race week, I didn't want to get hammered for losing a week or points, because of being gone, not getting my picks in &/or forgetting to post, so I just "locked those 3 in" as my guys  :shruggy: ....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

JB400

On the Fantasy deal, you can keep the same guys each week.  They stay locked in until you change them.  I change them regularly just because there's not one driver that is good enough at all tracks to stay with.  You get to log in 5 registries with 5 drivers per registry.  It's just something else to watch while watching a dull race or commercials.  Just have to have your drivers picked before the green flag.

Budnicks

that's kind of why I did the Pick Em' game too, no MoPar's/Dodge's any more, I need to have to have something to keep my interest, just do it for the fun, I can change them too, I just have been doing pretty well... we get an average of our picks, so if one guy finishes 15th & another finishes 5th = 20pts/dived by 2 = 10, so I get the points for tenth place, on both guys & my qualifier picks, 1-pt for 1st & 43-pt's for last, lowest points at the season end, wins a little 1/8 or 1/16 scale 426ci Hemi S/S engine {I think is the prize, it's nothen' to speak of really worth $25-$40 maybe} so I've kind of just stuck with them, so far... been thinken' of using Kyle Busch for a while too, so I have a Ford, Chevy & Toyota, Instead of a Ford & 2 Chevy's, we'll see after this race maybe... our picks, needs to be in before qualifying....

A383Wing

Gordon's in the garage...  :2thumbs:

doing the happy dance now  :boogie:

Bryan

nvrbdn

got that right. :boogie:

ryan got a top 10 after being a lap down.

and im definately not a kyle busch fan, but you gotta give it to the kid. he can friggin drive a race car.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

and Edwards got 3rd after all he went through  :2thumbs:

JB400

Well, good night on the Fantasy racing :2thumbs:  Picked Kyle Busch, Biffle, BK, and Almirola, all of which scored Top 10 finishes and a victory.

Pretty good race all around.  JJ didn't hardly lead at all, Jr. had bad luck, Gordon had bad luck, and Stewart spun out on pit road.  Not bad at all :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Felt sorry for Truex....he really tried to win....but Kyle had the restart nailed and was not gonna give it up.

Only 6 races in..anything can happen

JB400

The last pitstop killed his chances.  All Kyle needed was to burp the throttle to get out of his pits.  Truex had to dodge traffic.  Maybe he'll do good at Kansas

A383Wing

Personally, I think choosing pit stalls is a bad idea. What I think should happen is like a lottery drawing. Once all the qualifying is done, all the car numbers go into one drum, all the pit stall numbers go into another....then spin them both and randomly match a car with a pit stall. Lets see how good these guys really are.

Bryan

JB400

Why not just extend the pit road line to where the last guy has to get up to speed as everyone else?  It'd work at most tracks.  That's my biggest complaint.

One things for sure, Kenseth had a hot stop and Stewart needs to practice his stops. :lol:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 13, 2013, 11:36:59 PM
Why not just extend the pit road line to where the last guy has to get up to speed as everyone else?  It'd work at most tracks.  That's my biggest complaint.

Not a bad idea at all. :2thumbs: Would even it out.

General_01

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on April 13, 2013, 11:41:09 PM
Why not just extend the pit road line to where the last guy has to get up to speed as everyone else?  It'd work at most tracks.  That's my biggest complaint.

Not a bad idea at all. :2thumbs: Would even it out.

A perk from qualifying well. If you want the best pit stall, qualify with the best time. Simple.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

It was so boring, I pretty much just had the tv on for sound  ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400/6/PAC

My Wife and I went to the race along with 9 other Friends.
The tail gate party was a blast, The race was boring as hell.
I did enjoy the sound and the smell of the cars.

JB400

Next week, Kansas.  Just expect the same results as last night. :brickwall:

TruckDriver

Medical examiner says man shot self at NASCAR race

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- A medical examiner says a man who died in the infield during a NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway shot himself in the head.

The Tarrant County medical examiner's office on Sunday said the death of 42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw was a suicide.

Fort Worth police have said a man who was camping in the infield died of a ''self-inflicted injury'' after getting into an argument with other campers. The incident happened late in the Sprint Cup race.

Police spokeswoman Cpl. Tracey Knight has said alcohol may have been a factor. Knight said several people witnessed the incident, but nobody was in danger.

Track spokesman Mike Zizzo say the death occurred ''in or around a pickup truck'' in part of the infield near the middle of the backstretch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/medical-examiner-says-man-shot-215231232--nascar.html
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

at least he didn't wound or kill anyone else?

Budnicks

Why not just extend the pit road line to where the last guy has to get up to speed as everyone else?  It'd work at most tracks.  That's my biggest complaint.

One things for sure, Kenseth had a hot stop and Stewart needs to practice his stops. :lol:
:slap: Stewart had way too much rear brake bias because of ill handling, why he spun supposedly...  :Twocents:

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 14, 2013, 05:49:13 PM

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- A medical examiner says a man who died in the infield during a NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway shot himself in the head.

The Tarrant County medical examiner's office on Sunday said the death of 42-year-old Kirk Franklin of Saginaw was a suicide.

Fort Worth police have said a man who was camping in the infield died of a ''self-inflicted injury'' after getting into an argument with other campers. The incident happened late in the Sprint Cup race.

Police spokeswoman Cpl. Tracey Knight has said alcohol may have been a factor. Knight said several people witnessed the incident, but nobody was in danger.

Track spokesman Mike Zizzo say the death occurred ''in or around a pickup truck'' in part of the infield near the middle of the backstretch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/medical-examiner-says-man-shot-215231232--nascar.html
:hah: Crazy freaken' Liberal, trying to be a Martyr for the left/liberals anti-gun cause, get more negative gun news... it was a NRA Sponsored race, just my thoughts....  :Twocents:

dyslexic teddybear

Never thought of liberals as the "martyr" types......

400/6/PAC

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 14, 2013, 05:49:13 PM

Wow thats exatly were I was sitting. I didn't here about this

TruckDriver

NASCAR's title sponsor, Sprint Nextel, is takeover target

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-nascar-sprint-dish-softbank-20130415,0,6757107.story

NASCAR's title sponsor, Sprint Nextel Corp. is in the middle of a takeover battle.

Dish Network Corp. on Monday made an unsolicited $25.5-billion offer to buy Sprint, which already had agreed to merge with SoftBank Corp., a Japanese telecommunications company.

Regardless of which company prevails in buying Sprint, it raises the question of whether the change in control could affect the company's title sponsorship of NASCAR's top-tier Sprint Cup Series.

It's too soon to tell because the answer would depend on the new owner's willingness to stay invested in NASCAR. Also, Sprint last year renewed its naming-rights deal with NASCAR through 2016, so there's a contract in place for another three-plus years.
PETE

TruckDriver

NASCAR, Dodge, Earnhardt Ganassi Racing, comeback in '14?

Have you heard the latest...that Dodge might yet be coming back to NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series next season...with quite a shake-up resulting from a rumored switch by Earnhardt Ganassi Racing from the Bowtie to Dodge?

First, you have to believe that there will be some kind of association with Richard Childress Racing. Since Menard's son runs for RCR, you could see John Menard become the owner of Paul Menard's team, with chassis and engines coming from Richard Childress Racing, and Juan Pablo Montoya moving over to RCR's operation in 2014.

However, that's not the only interesting piece to the rumor.

http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6797827/miscellaneous/nascar-dodge-earnhardt-ganassi-racing-comeback-in-14/
PETE

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on April 16, 2013, 09:25:10 AM
NASCAR, Dodge, Earnhardt Ganassi Racing, comeback in '14?

Have you heard the latest...that Dodge might yet be coming back to NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series next season...with quite a shake-up resulting from a rumored switch by Earnhardt Ganassi Racing from the Bowtie to Dodge?

First, you have to believe that there will be some kind of association with Richard Childress Racing. Since Menard's son runs for RCR, you could see John Menard become the owner of Paul Menard's team, with chassis and engines coming from Richard Childress Racing, and Juan Pablo Montoya moving over to RCR's operation in 2014.

However, that's not the only interesting piece to the rumor.

http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com/6797827/miscellaneous/nascar-dodge-earnhardt-ganassi-racing-comeback-in-14/
hopefully they will come back next year, something better to watch for... Mopar or no car