News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Penalties from Nascar

NASCAR on Wednesday came down hard on Keselowski and Penske Racing teammate Joey Logano for technical violations discovered before last Saturday night's race at Texas Motor Speedway, docking each driver 25 championship points and unleashing a flurry of suspensions that includes both crew chiefs.

As a result, Keselowski's crew chief Paul Wolfe has been fined $100,000 and suspended for the next six Sprint Cup events -- including the non-points Sprint All-Star Race. Car chief Jerry Kelley, team engineer Brian Wilson and Penske competition director Travis Geisler have been suspended for the same duration. Logano's crew chief Todd Gordon was also fined $100,000 and suspended six weeks. Car chief Raymond Fox and team engineer Samuel Stanley were suspended for the same length of time as well.

All the penalized Penske personnel are also on probation until Dec. 31. Keselowski and Logano were among three drivers penalized Wednesday for violations from Texas. Martin Truex Jr. was docked six championships points for his car being too low after last week's event, while crew chief Chad Johnston was fined $25,000 and placed on probation through June 5.

On another note, BK went to the White House ::)

nvrbdn

dang man, they need to all get together and buddy up to rick hendrick and have him go in and tell them to retract all these fines and penalties. :shruggy: :D
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dyslexic teddybear

My intrest in NAShendrickCAR continues to decline.

TruckDriver

Westboro Baptist Church says it will picket Kansas Speedway

The controversial Westboro Baptist Church – known for its extreme prejudice of homosexuals and its conducting of anti-gay protests at various events, including funerals of American soldiers – will picket at the Kansas Speedway next month during a NASCAR weekend.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/19/westboro-baptist-church-says-it-will-picket-kansas-speedway/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Are they saying Nascar is homo?

moparstuart

I hope someone runs them over
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

dang that 25 points for Brad K. & Little whinner Joey L. & all the Penske team suspensions, IMHFO were a little too harsh, for just a rear axle camber/caster violation... never see those kind of penalties against Hendricks, Childress, Gibbs or Rousch teams
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on April 17, 2013, 04:03:00 PM
dang man, they need to all get together and buddy up to rick hendrick and have him go in and tell them to retract all these fines and penalties. :shruggy: :D
:cheers: yeah they probably should  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

Quote from: Budnicks on April 18, 2013, 05:19:14 PM
dang that 25 points for Brad K. & Little whinner Joey L. & all the Penske team suspensions, IMHFO were a little too harsh, for just a rear axle camber/caster violation... never see those kind of penalties against Hendricks, Childress, Gibbs or Rousch teams

how true. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

Officer killed in Mass. brother of Hendrick worker

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/officer-killed-mass-brother-hendrick-164847638--nascar.html

Hendrick Motorsports was shaken by the news Friday that the MIT officer killed during the manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects was the brother of Andrew Collier, a machinist in its engine shop.
Sean Collier was found shot to death late Thursday in his vehicle in Cambridge, Mass. Authorities have said Collier was responding to a report of a disturbance when he was shot.

Petty: Someone undoubtedly snitched on Penske

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/petty-someone-undoubtedly-snitched-penske-154648333--nascar.html

Richard Petty believes there's a snitch.
Petty told reporters Friday at Kansas Speedway that Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano had already passed ''two or three inspections and hadn't been caught,'' leading him to believe that someone must have told NASCAR about unapproved parts the two Penske Racing teams were using before last weekend's race at Texas Motor Speedway.
''Undoubtedly, someone told them what the Penske crew was doing,'' Petty said.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Budnicks

thanks TruckDriver that Petty, Penske snitch article was good....

A383Wing

Quote from: Budnicks on April 19, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

probably someone at the Hendrick camp

JB400

Quote from: A383Wing on April 19, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

You're probably right.  BK was commenting on Hendrick cheating last year.  It seems they might have learned about paybacks.

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on April 19, 2013, 11:01:29 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   YUP
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

:slap: Jimmy Johnsons keeps saying "he's not the snitch, he didn't turn rat/snitch about the Penske team cheating, to the Nascar Officials",  :hah: I guess if he says it enough times, someone will actually believe him...  :shruggy:

odcics2

Anyone notice when Brad was at the White House for winning his Championship LAST YEAR - the car there was a FORD!   That sucks...   :eek2:   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Why would he promote last years car?  Besides, who gives a darn that he went to the Peoples' House?  That's just our celebrity making fans.  I doubt that Brad was there looking for money to pay the fine.

odcics2

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on April 20, 2013, 11:41:17 PM
Why would he promote last years car?  Besides, who gives a darn that he went to the Peoples' House?  That's just our celebrity making fans.  I doubt that Brad was there looking for money to pay the fine.

Point is that nobody cares what they drive anymore.
You just proved it.      :cheers:   :2thumbs:  

And this, in my opinion, is why nascar is going into the shitter....   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

thedodgeboys

interesting read
Ray Alexander, on hand for the LX-centric Spring Festival 8, reported that Ralph Gilles told him that NASCAR funding has been approved, and that Chrysler is talking to teams. While no details can be provided, because of the sensitivity of the negotiations, this is the first time a Chrysler official has confirmed that the company is working on a NASCAR re-entry.

Last month, Mr. Gilles told Allpar in New York, in answer to a question about NASCAR, "Oh my God, I can't talk about that right now. No comment on that."

Chrysler's return to NASCAR presumably remains contingent on being able to sign up competitive drivers and support crew (e.g. car and engine builders). NASCAR racing is highly competitive on the technical side, with unique requirements.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/04/gilles-nascar-funding-approved?fb_source=pubv1

dyslexic teddybear

I read that.

Something up.....can't imagine that being said without some basic deal in place.

Cue RCR rumors.....

Budnicks

Lets hope they come back, I need something better to route for, I really don't like having to route for Ford's & Chevy's, in my 2013 Nascar Pick Em' contest... It will be nice to route for Dodge or SRT who ever they come back with/as, lets only hope it's all true, not the typical BS....  :Twocents:

A383Wing

Matt won from the pole...  :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

that's was actually a good race. Enough action to keep me from getting bored.
PETE

A383Wing

yea..I was impressed as well....didn't nod off once today

Bryan

JB400

Wished Kasey would have passed Matt, but both were on my roster.  :woohoo: :woohoo: Unfortunately, I had Kyle Busch as well :icon_smile_blackeye: