News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

I thought the last 50 laps of the Nationwide race were pretty good lots of passing and drama.

Now I hope the cup race isn't a snoozer Sunday

TruckDriver

I thought the whole Nationwide race was good.  :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

It figures, the one race I didn't get to watch, was a good one :brickwall:

A383Wing

Quote from: TruckDriver on May 05, 2013, 08:26:46 AM

yup...didn't fall asleep watching that one...lots of action

Bryan

nvrbdn

ha, i seen rain, and then rain, and then more rain. then i watched some hockey and stuff, and forgot about it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Quote from: TruckDriver on May 05, 2013, 08:26:46 AM

probably I only watched the last 50 :)

Just woke up from my cup race nap and its raining  :flame: I guess if you like pack racing its ok  :shruggy:

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 05, 2013, 09:59:04 AM
It figures, the one race I didn't get to watch, was a good one :brickwall:
:nana: yeah me too...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

glad that caution came out. yes, bunch em up for the finish. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

poll question:  what could possibly happen if you put a rookie idiot up front in a restrictor race????
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

400/6/PAC

Yeah for David R and David G
nice working togather to get the win and second.
:2thumbs:

A383Wing

good finish....I root for anyone that can beat the 48 or 24....felt sorry for Newman, his interview was great...wonder if he will get fined for what he said

Bryan

TruckDriver

Love it when the underdogs win! :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Aero426

Talladega has always had the dark horse wildcard from the beginning.    For years there was no repeat winner at the Talladega 500.   They used to say 13 races, 13 faces.   

nvrbdn

david and david. how great they came together at the end. good run on the bottom to capture second also.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

Gotta feel sorry for Newman, but I was pulling for Kurt up til then.  I'll give  :2thumbs: up for each of the Davids :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: A383Wing on May 05, 2013, 07:17:25 PM
good finish....I root for anyone that can beat the 48 or 24....felt sorry for Newman, his interview was great...wonder if he will get fined for what he said

Bryan

That was my first thought, he is going to get a spanking from NASCAR for that one.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

chargerboy69

Quote from: nvrbdn on May 05, 2013, 07:10:31 PM
good interview ryan :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Looks like Ryan may have to get his checkbook out.

Newman's comments after Talladega under review by NASCAR: NASCAR will likely review comments made by Stewart-Haas Racing driver #39-Ryan Newman following a Lap 183 crash in Sunday's rain-marred Sprint Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway. Any potential fine that could come from the comments likely would be made on Tuesday or Wednesday, per NASCAR's history. Earlier, it was reported that NASCAR would definitely review his comments, but a spokesperson clarified that there are a variety of things that will be reviewed over the course of a race weekend. Newman finished 32nd after the crash in which Kurt Busch's #78 car barrel-rolled and landed upside down on the hood of the #39 car Newman had in position for a top-10 finish or win with five laps left in regulation as darkness approached. NASCAR fined #11-Denny Hamlin $25,000 earlier this year for perceived negative comments about the new "Gen 6" car and the quality of racing at Phoenix International Raceway.(ESPN)(5-7-2013)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

dyslexic teddybear

My interest in Nascar continues to decline.

Considering the number of cars that has ended upon Ryan's roof......Nascar should understand he has reasons to be a bit.....annoyed.

JB400

If Nascar keeps fining the drivers, they're not gonna give very good interviews and take their frustrations out on the track.  Which driver is going to figure this out first?

A383Wing

The way fines and points are being taken away from drivers, Denny Hamlin could end up in the chase and points leader after 26 races are done

Bryan

JB400

Penske got off lucky.   :woohoo: :woohoo:

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- NASCAR's chief appeals officer issued a mixed ruling for Penske Racing on Tuesday, upholding fines and points penalties for parts infractions at Texas but reducing sweeping suspensions from the next six races to the next two.

Aero426

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 07, 2013, 03:08:06 PM

CONCORD, N.C. (AP) -- NASCAR's chief appeals officer issued a mixed ruling for Penske Racing on Tuesday, upholding fines and points penalties for parts infractions at Texas but reducing sweeping suspensions from the next six races to the next two.

NASCAR intentionally threw the book at Penske on purpose because the appeals process could knock it down.

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on May 07, 2013, 03:19:32 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on May 07, 2013, 03:08:06 PM

NASCAR intentionally threw the book at Penske on purpose because the appeals process could knock it down.
:2thumbs: I was thinking the same thing, if NASCAR throws the book at them, they will not look so tyrannical, if they ultimately reduce the penalties latter on, it has the appearance of NASCAR Officials working with the teams... NASCAR is like; it's my ball, my court, you play my rules, or you just hit the bricks !! "Have at it boys", only pertains to on the track, go out & wreck everyone you can, cost all the teams a ton of $$$$$$$, but god forbid you say something bad about how the rules work & especially not to the lame media...LOL...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks