News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

I haven''t watched a race in many months. Nice to get the time back for other things...   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TruckDriver

Quote from: Budnicks on August 04, 2013, 05:37:40 PM
Casey Kayne won ?? Hopefully... at-least it wasn't JJ or JG... I didn't get to see any of the race... oh well

Yes he did. JJ crashed when he blew a tire  :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

A383Wing

Yays!! Kasey won, JJ crashed, Montoya took himself out, Jeff Gordon didn't win

Boos!! Hendrick in winners circle, Montoya took out Matt in the first lap

pretty boring race, actually

JB400

I agree, it was pretty boring.  Pocono as a whole is usually boring.  The last pass for the lead was good though.  I don't know really what you could do to Pocono to make it interesting. :shruggy: I think Pocono should be just a one time venture a year, and they should head to a different track.

A383Wing

yea....a 1.5 mile dirt track would get my attention

chargerboy69

Looks like Stewart will miss the Chase.  I am curious if next year sponsors will "encourage" him  to cut down on his extra racing. The guy loves to race anything with four wheels, but now it has messed with his bill paying, meal ticket job.

With Stewart out, this will definitely give Ryan and great chance to make the Chase.  :icon_smile_big:

Stewart breaks leg in Sprint Car race, will miss Watkins Glen: Three-time NASCAR champion #14-Tony Stewart will miss this weekend's road course race at Watkins Glen after breaking his right leg in a sprint car race Monday night at Southern Iowa Speedway. A spokesman for Stewart said the 42-year-old driver broke his right tibia and fibula and had surgery after he was transported to a local hospital. An update was expected Tuesday afternoon, and Stewart-Haas Racing did not immediately announce a replacement driver for Stewart's #14 Chevrolet at Watkins Glen, where Stewart is a five-time winner. The team did cancel its scheduled Tuesday test at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The sprint car accident came a day after Stewart finished ninth in the NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway. He's 11th in the Sprint Cup standings with five races to go until the Chase for the Cup field is set. Missing the Watkins Glen race means Stewart likely will miss the Chase. Stewart was leading the 30-lap feature in a 360 winged sprint car with five laps remaining when a lapped car spun in Turn 4 and collected Stewart and two others.(ESPN/Associated Press)(8-6-2013)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ponch ®

Dammit Smoke...he was probably about to go on one of his trademark summer tears and get himself into the Chase.  :brickwall:

oh well, in a way its refreshing to see that there are still drivers that say YOLO and race whatever, whenever.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerboy69

I am just guessing, but it sounds like he may miss more than just one race.

UPDATE: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Tony Stewart underwent surgery on his right leg early Tuesday morning, Aug. 6 after suffering a broken tibia and fibula in a sprint car crash Monday night, Aug. 5 at Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, Iowa. Stewart did not sustain any other injuries. The surgery served as a preliminary procedure to stabilize and clean the Grade 2 injury. A second surgery will be necessary. In the meantime, Stewart will remain hospitalized for observation. Stewart was leading the 30-lap American Sprint Car Series (ASCS) feature when a lapped car spun in front of him. Stewart hit the lapped car and flipped. Stewarts injury will prevent him from competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event Aug. 9-11 at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International. Veteran racer Max Papis will serve as the interim driver for Stewarts #14 Chevrolet at Watkins Glen. Papis tested the #14 Chevrolet on July 30 at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Ga.(Stewart Hass Racing)
AND Tony Stewart posted the following message on Facebook, "I told someone to go get my phone or else I was going to get up and get it myself. Finally got reconnected to the world and just want to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. My team will remain strong and I will be back."(8-6-2013)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on August 04, 2013, 09:42:48 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on August 04, 2013, 05:37:40 PM
Casey Kayne won ?? Hopefully... at-least it wasn't JJ or JG... I didn't get to see any of the race... oh well

Yes he did. JJ crashed when he blew a tire  :lol:
I'm glad to see Kahne won... I would like to see my picks Bowyer & Edwards or Harvick win a few more too  :brickwall: ...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 06, 2013, 10:49:46 AM
Looks like Stewart will miss the Chase.  I am curious if next year sponsors will "encourage" him  to cut down on his extra racing. The guy loves to race anything with four wheels, but now it has messed with his bill paying, meal ticket job.

With Stewart out, this will definitely give Ryan and great chance to make the Chase.  :icon_smile_big:

Stewart breaks leg in Sprint Car race, will miss Watkins Glen: Three-time NASCAR champion #14-Tony Stewart will miss this weekend's road course race at Watkins Glen after breaking his right leg in a sprint car race Monday night at Southern Iowa Speedway. A spokesman for Stewart said the 42-year-old driver broke his right tibia and fibula and had surgery after he was transported to a local hospital. An update was expected Tuesday afternoon, and Stewart-Haas Racing did not immediately announce a replacement driver for Stewart's #14 Chevrolet at Watkins Glen, where Stewart is a five-time winner. The team did cancel its scheduled Tuesday test at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The sprint car accident came a day after Stewart finished ninth in the NASCAR race at Pocono Raceway. He's 11th in the Sprint Cup standings with five races to go until the Chase for the Cup field is set. Missing the Watkins Glen race means Stewart likely will miss the Chase. Stewart was leading the 30-lap feature in a 360 winged sprint car with five laps remaining when a lapped car spun in Turn 4 and collected Stewart and two others.(ESPN/Associated Press)(8-6-2013)
Yeah I saw that too, too bad, I like Tony/Smoke, I like that he drives anything with 4 wheels too...

Aero426

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 06, 2013, 04:23:20 PM

He will be done for the year.   The math does not seem to work in his favor.

TIME TO UNION FOR TIBIAL (large lower leg bone) SHAFT FRACTURES:

- low energy fractures: 10-13 weeks;
- high energy fractures: 13-20 weeks;

- open fractures: 16-26 weeks
---- type 3B & 3C open fractures requires 30 to 50 weeks for consolidation;

- distal tibial fractures may be more prone to non union than proximal fractures due to absence of muscular soft tissue envelope;

- in the report by Anne Skoog et al., the authors studied 64 consecutive patients with a tibial shaft fracture; 12 months after the injury, 44% had not regained full function of the injured leg, although all but two of the patients had returned to preinjury working status;

- references:
---- "One-Year Outcome After Tibial Shaft Fractures: Results of a Prospective Fracture Registry." A Skoog. J Orthop Trauma; 15(3):210-215, March/April, 2001.
---- Wheeless Textbook of Orthopedics, Duke University, online

JB400

It's sort of funny that he was asked about wrecking twice earlier this year.  He says wrecking a Sprint car is no big deal.  Unfortunately, he wrecked last night.  Kinda looks like karma bit him.

NO, I'm not happy that he wrecked and broke his leg.  The karma though, is something to just  :rotz:

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on August 06, 2013, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 06, 2013, 04:23:20 PM

He will be done for the year.   The math does not seem to work in his favor.

TIME TO UNION FOR TIBIAL (large lower leg bone) SHAFT FRACTURES:

- low energy fractures: 10-13 weeks;
- high energy fractures: 13-20 weeks;

- open fractures: 16-26 weeks
---- type 3B & 3C open fractures requires 30 to 50 weeks for consolidation;

- distal tibial fractures may be more prone to non union than proximal fractures due to absence of muscular soft tissue envelope;

- in the report by Anne Skoog et al., the authors studied 64 consecutive patients with a tibial shaft fracture; 12 months after the injury, 44% had not regained full function of the injured leg, although all but two of the patients had returned to preinjury working status;

- references:
---- "One-Year Outcome After Tibial Shaft Fractures: Results of a Prospective Fracture Registry." A Skoog. J Orthop Trauma; 15(3):210-215, March/April, 2001.
---- Wheeless Textbook of Orthopedics, Duke University, online

yeah that sounds about right to me too, unless it was just a hairline fracture/break, 8 weeks minimum... under the best of circumstances & then probably, wearing a brace too...

Aero426

Kyle is one of the few who tells it pretty much unfiltered.  Not saying he's always right, but I enjoy listening to what he has to say.    He ain't no DW.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on August 07, 2013, 08:30:38 AM
Kyle is one of the few who tells it pretty much unfiltered.  Not saying he's always right, but I enjoy listening to what he has to say.    He ain't no DW.   
yeah DW and MW  dumb and dumber  drive me nuts    :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

I will take Kyle over any of these guys--> Rusty Wallace, The Waltrip Boobs, Dallenbach (sp?)

Dale Jarrett can stay as long as he wants.....him I like

Hamlin is loosing his respect with me, kinda like Lagano, and Keslowski...all 3 are beginning to act like real "tools"

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on August 07, 2013, 09:24:41 AM
I will take Kyle over any of these guys--> Rusty Wallace, The Waltrip Boobs, Dallenbach (sp?)

Dale Jarrett can stay as long as he wants.....him I like

Hamlin is loosing his respect with me, kinda like Lagano, and Keslowski...all 3 are beginning to act like real "tools"

HAMLIN always has been a tool
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

For whatever reason, Hamlin seems to have a history of being a little thin skinned.   I don't even know that the Kyle Petty comment even warranted a response.   If he had just brushed it off or ignored it, it would be out of the news cycle after a day or two.   His response just poured gasoline on it.   

Ponch ®

the thing that works against KP as an analyst / opiner is that he used to be a driver himself, and saying that he was not very good or  mediocre at best is being kind.

So anytime he says something about a current driver, that driver and/or the kiss ass media will throw it back at him by saying something like "well, what does he know...he sucked when he drove", which deflects from the point hes making (like with the Danica thing a couple months back).

that being said, he does say some really asinine things every so often....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Aero426

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 07, 2013, 11:24:32 AM

the thing that works against KP as an analyst / opiner is that he used to be a driver himself, and saying that he was not very good or  mediocre at best is being kind.

Where does this come from?   The dude has EIGHT Cup wins and eight poles.    When he was driving for Sabco, he had his mojo working. 

The only knock against Kyle is he stayed too long.      People only remember the last years. 

Budnicks

Yeah Kyle Petty is a good guy...

Budnicks

For those Kyle Petty hatters out there, he's seen done more in probably 10 years of his life racing experiences or helping his grandfather or father, than most that race will do in their whole damn career, he's been there & done that, it's more than just about how many wins or poles you have, obviously or there wouldn't be 43 guys/gal on the track every damn week, trying to prove that point....

A383Wing

Quote from: Aero426 on August 07, 2013, 10:50:51 AM
For whatever reason, Hamlin seems to have a history of being a little thin skinned.   I don't even know that the Kyle Petty comment even warranted a response.   If he had just brushed it off or ignored it, it would be out of the news cycle after a day or two.   His response just poured gasoline on it.    

it was mainly his response on what he posted on Twitter for all to see instead of talking to Kyle face to face about what Kyle said.

KP even said on national TV yesterday that he sucked as a driver towards the end...and he knew it

Chargen69

hey, I respect KP for victory junction camp, but as a tv guy He SUCKS, why do we need a color commentator on the race anyway, they never say anything worth hearing, poor Benny Parsons, rest his soul, couldnt come up with the right car number he was talking about to save his life, I quit watching nationwide when Rusty's no driving kid was on there because he would always ignore what was happening on the track to stick up for his kid