News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: A383Wing on August 27, 2013, 08:36:39 PM
I hope Kurt does well also, I just don't see it happening. Where he is at now with the 78 team, it's one car, one driver, all one team doing what they do best, run up front & win races. Now he's going to be part of a 4 team unit and probably not be as good as he is now....I think he's gonna get lost in the shuffle

The Dillon brothers need to stay in Nationwide series as far as I'm concerned....something about those 2 kids bug the shit outta me, besides riding Grampa Richard's money train.

me too  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

nvrbdn

i too rooted for kurt in the 78. but now that tony dumped ryan, (mostly because im a ryan fan) i will turn my back on stewart haas racing. and not that my measley rooting from my home chair is going to make a difference on the track, will not root for stewart haas in the future. never been a danica fan or a kevin harvick fan, so no loss there. but wanted to see kurt stay put. oh well, may be the next home for ryan now. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 28, 2013, 08:10:45 AM
i too rooted for kurt in the 78. but now that tony dumped ryan, (mostly because im a ryan fan) i will turn my back on stewart haas racing. and not that my measley rooting from my home chair is going to make a difference on the track, will not root for stewart haas in the future. never been a danica fan or a kevin harvick fan, so no loss there. but wanted to see kurt stay put. oh well, may be the next home for ryan now. :shruggy:
that would be cool , Ryan might just fit in good on furniture row .   :scratchchin:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chargen69

cant forget the problems tony and kevin have had with kurt in years past.  This will be interesting.

moparstuart

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 28, 2013, 10:47:18 AM
cant forget the problems tony and kevin have had with kurt in years past.  This will be interesting.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

JB400

Kick Danica out of the 10 and put in Kyle Busch, you'll have the most controversial team in Nascar.  You'll have a team that will definitely have PR problems cause neither one of these drivers know how to keep their mouths' shut and they ain't afraid to use the bumper for a win.

djcarguy

i still like too watch nascar ,but the anouncers only knew 2 names or were having a contest last race. as too who could say kurt or kyle the most times ,even if they were at the back of the pack. pissed me off  which did keep me awake,i guess.

seems i just root for a under dog or the older drivers. cant or dont care enough to remember all the new no name or race cred crop of newbees...  but sure running out of the good old drivers too root for.like mark martin,lebounty,,sp,, few old names left in the game. will root for jr,or smoke.

seem to allways root for montoya,dannika an the bushy sisters ,k an k to hit the wall or blow up  :Twocents:

MISS the old days,drivers an CARS that looked like a real car ,not a canverted 4 door ,front drive pile of plastic...... :Twocents: :Twocents: :D :D :D  few more an i will hit 1000 post :2thumbs: :cheers:

TruckDriver

Labonte breaks 3 ribs in bike riding accident

TRINITY, N.C. (AP) -- Bobby Labonte broke three ribs in a bike riding accident Wednesday near his North Carolina home and will miss this weekend's NASCAR race in Atlanta.

A spokesman for the driver said Labonte was taken to a hospital by ambulance and will be held overnight for observation.

Labonte was scheduled to drive the No. 51 Chevrolet for Phoenix Racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He'll be replaced in the car by Mike Bliss.

Labonte's consecutive starts streak came to an end earlier this season at 704 races when JTG Daugherty Racing used AJ Allmendinger at Kentucky in June instead of Labonte.

The 2000 NASCAR champion had not missed a start since he began racing full-time in the Cup Series in 1993. He's won 21 races Cup races.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Quote from: TruckDriver on August 28, 2013, 06:24:22 PM

TRINITY, N.C. (AP) -- Bobby Labonte broke three ribs in a bike riding accident Wednesday near his North Carolina home and will miss this weekend's NASCAR race in Atlanta.

A spokesman for the driver said Labonte was taken to a hospital by ambulance and will be held overnight for observation.

Labonte was scheduled to drive the No. 51 Chevrolet for Phoenix Racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He'll be replaced in the car by Mike Bliss.

Labonte's consecutive starts streak came to an end earlier this season at 704 races when JTG Daugherty Racing used AJ Allmendinger at Kentucky in June instead of Labonte.

The 2000 NASCAR champion had not missed a start since he began racing full-time in the Cup Series in 1993. He's won 21 races Cup races.

This and the selling of Phoenix Racing just made for an all around bad day for Labonte. The new owner has named Justin Algier as the driver for the car when he takes over. Looks like Bobby will be using his down time to search for a ride.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

It's looking more and more like Haas went behind Tony's back. I think he's going along with it because it's a done deal, but I bet he is pretty pissed that Haas went behind his back.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/co-owner-gene-hass-put-together-kurt-busch-stewart-haas-racing-deal-082813#!hWNaM
496 stroker
4-speed

A383Wing

Again I will say it..."That just sucks for Ryan the way this played out"

the more I think about it, the madderer I get....

General_01

I think that is what pisses Tony off the most. Gene sat back and listened to Tony talk about having to let Ryan go because they aren't ready to start a 4th team and then Gene starts a 4th team. Then, while Tony is laid up, cinches a deal with Kurt to drive it. Gene made Tony look like an ass in this whole Newman business.  :flame:

496 stroker
4-speed

A383Wing

exactly....I hope Ryan gets a ride that puts him way ahead of those 4 drivers now.....

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

Quote from: General_01 on August 28, 2013, 06:58:13 PM
It's looking more and more like Haas went behind Tony's back. I think he's going along with it because it's a done deal, but I bet he is pretty pissed that Haas went behind his back.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/co-owner-gene-hass-put-together-kurt-busch-stewart-haas-racing-deal-082813#!hWNaM

Who wrights this shit....
officials are now scrambling to make room at an organization that will double from two cars in 2012 to four next season.
This is 2013 and they have 3 cars this year. 

I think it's funny bad deal for Newman but funny how its playing out at the new Hass-Stewart shop. It didn't take them long to break ground on the new building kind of like they already had blueprints and such ready to go.

Chargen69

so he is going to run it modeled after hendrick's 24/5 and 48/88 shops.

Guess that means that harvick and kurt will be sharing a building, very interesting indeed, maybe when these two drivers fight the crews wont have to get involved and stand up for their driver   :icon_smile_big:

nvrbdn

i think hendrick wanted an 8 car team.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 28, 2013, 09:04:53 PM
i think hendrick wanted an 8 car team.

This is essentially what has happened. 

General_01

Quote from: thedodgeboys on August 28, 2013, 08:48:13 PM
Quote from: General_01 on August 28, 2013, 06:58:13 PM

Who wrights this shit....
officials are now scrambling to make room at an organization that will double from two cars in 2012 to four next season.
This is 2013 and they have 3 cars this year. 

I think it's funny bad deal for Newman but funny how its playing out at the new Hass-Stewart shop. It didn't take them long to break ground on the new building kind of like they already had blueprints and such ready to go.

I think making 4 teams was a plan down the road, just not for next year. I think Tony would rather get the 3 teams running consistently first before spending money and resources on a 4th team.

Personally, I don't think Kurt has changed one bit. This year at the beginning you still heard excerpts of Kurt on the radio. They quit playing his radio outbursts and only play the nice stuff off his radio now(Remember the Days of Thunder tribute?). Also, he doesn't have the pressure and media scrutiny because he is on a lower tier team. They aren't expected to win. Next year there will be a lot more media coverage and a lot more pressure.

I guess the bright side is that Tony just needs to go to the team meetings to punch Kurt in the mouth instead of waiting to be called to the NASCAR hauler with Kurt to do it. :lol:
496 stroker
4-speed

Budnicks

Quote from: TruckDriver on August 28, 2013, 06:24:22 PM

Another one bites the dust, they're dropping like flies lately... damn
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

moparstuart

I have always liked Kurt and he gets a bad wrap for not being a personable guy  but this is a great local morning show interview he did    He came off to me as a great down to earth guy .

http://www.entercomkc.com/fjd/2013/71713/Kurt%20Busch%207-16.mp3 

nvrbdn

ive felt he gets more of a bad rap also. i know he went off, but ive heard alot of the "favorites" do the same. i feel a microphone shouldnt be shoved into a face right after some idiot takes someone out. and the in car tantrums of quite a few of the top drivers have been cut short.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargen69

They all go off, but Kurt is on another level

Chargen69

The same level as Kyle   :rofl:

JB400

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 29, 2013, 11:10:19 AM
They all go off, but Kurt is on another level
More like the most publicized.  Media creates a person's image.  One slip and you're branded for life.